Dumbarton v St. Mirren

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lindsay is a guy we have to keep. Donald needs to make the ball stick better to him if he finds himself ahead of Fleming. Strength will come but he needs to keep the ball better, or drop off and collect the ball and turn and run like his goal on Tuesday.

Glad Murray has resigned rather than having to be paid off.

The new manager needs to be able to do something about the overall lack of confidence that goes right throughout the team.

Three absolutely glorious chances in the first half, yet we hardly troubled the keeper.

Dumbarton were no great shakes, but worked incredibly hard and defended really well, and when they got a half chance they put it away nicely.

Not sure who we should go for, but whoever it is, they've got a very tough job on their hands.

Thats not necessarily true , though. The conversation may well have been "pay me x and I'll resign". Certainly would be cheaper than sacking him but still might have cost saintees money

For those that think we have a good squad that is underforming I think we have a shite squad that is performing to their poor ability. I have seen little evidence that players like Gallagher, McMullan, Agnew etc, etc, etc are better that the dire performances we have witnessed this season. We need a clear out and start again as Murray's assembly of players has been rubbish. We are in a relegation battle and the next manager wont get out of it easily with the dross that wear the stripes this season.

As far as murray goes, I think half the problem with st mirren is the dressing room and the experienced players.

Murrays biggest impact on our squad had been introducing a higher degree of professionalism and gained respect from a higher level of experience than the squad. Guys like goodwin or thompson cant have regarded him as a manager to be respected

I don't buy that, aitken is hardly top level experienced but has Scotland caps and other experienced players playing for him.

For those that think we have a good squad that is underforming I think we have a shite squad that is performing to their poor ability. I have seen little evidence that players like Gallagher, McMullan, Agnew etc, etc, etc are better that the dire performances we have witnessed this season. We need a clear out and start again as Murray's assembly of players has been rubbish. We are in a relegation battle and the next manager wont get out of it easily with the dross that wear the stripes this season.

Pretty much this, for all Murray's tactics were awful, I very much doubt he told players to be incapable of passing the ball three yards and that hoofing the ball as often as possible is the way to go...

The squad is awful, really really awful. The unprofessional streak has been with us for years in terms of fitness and undermining managers it all seems to stem from the cup win, when it was deemed acceptable for the team to go on the piss for a week. Why should the players give a f**k when it's clear they can do what they want.

missed this at the end, what with us cheering and what not.

That is the most seething amounts of seethe I've ever seen. Biblical amounts of fury.

After all that the players get a nice wee clap as they go down the tunnel. Disgraceful.

Did find that strange, Murray's not done a good job but the players have their share of the blame to take as well. Some of them didn't look the cared at all today.

That was actually a cracking game of football. End to end stuff and fitting that a quality goal settled the 3 points

Not a single failure for me in that sons team. I was delighted that we seemed to revert to style of play we started season with......quickly closing down the opposition

We so need to keep the faith with young McCallum..... Yes he can get brushed off the ball easily at times but he's tenacious and the kind of player defenders hate coming up against

Frazer Wright's quickly becoming a legend.....took a few games to find his feet.....probably a bit tough on Buchanan but Wright and Barr looking a good centre half combination

Delighted with those 3 points yesterday

Also sorry to see Murray's demise. He did a superb job for us during his time here. Wish him all the best for the future

Archived