Away fans visiting Ibrox

Rangers abuse of away fans  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scotland is also a nation which has been in Union with England for over 300 years now , we also defended ourselves from the Romans and Vikings so why not sing a song to mention those aswell . the song in question is also a song about defence and struggle so again another diddy shooting himself in the foot again

What's it got to do with Rangers Football Club?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, that's cause you're a gloryhunter who chooses guaranteed success and the chance to get it right up everyone else, and gloryhunters don't want to entertain any rational thoughts - such as the ability to afford players that all but Celtic cannot - that may lessen the joy they desperately crave.

Spot on.

I'm starting to feel guilty about the part I've played in eliciting some of Tedi's confessions here about his football supporting motivations.

Just cripplingly embarrassing revelations now.

Nothing to do with the club but it's no great secret that over the years a large part of the Rangers support has been made up unionist , loyalists or Protestants is it

Fair enough and I applaud your honesty in saying so. I guess I just feel we should be move on past this stuff. Same way the word that rhymes with 'bun' has no place in a modern Scotland.

Nothing to do with the club but it's no great secret that over the years a large part of the Rangers support has been made up unionist , loyalists or Protestants is it

No it's not, but it's an identity you ought to be keen to shed.

It's divisive and it excludes people based on their background.

Why on earth would you have no problem with such aspects of the club's identity being re-affirmed in song?

No, but these songs are about a country that Rangers (& Celtic) don't play their football in.

If there were a song about a Glasgow siege called "Govan's Walls" I could just about understand its place at a Rangers game, but stuff from Ireland - why?

No, but these songs are about a country that Rangers (& Celtic) don't play their football in.

If there were a song about a Glasgow siege called "Govan's Walls" I could just about understand its place at a Rangers game, but stuff from Ireland - why?

You do reliase scotland played a huge role in the situation of Northern Ireland , that's before we get into the whole irish immigration coming predominantly from the north to the west coast of Scotland topic

Your a bitter wee scrote, deal with it,

Why does this matter to you so much? seems to me that you are the one taking it seriously.

:lol: Thank you so much for being rattled.

You may have noticed from my post count of 700 in 10 years, versus your 19,000 in 3 years, that my life revolves an awful lot less around this forum that yours does.

I'm just intrigued as to why a grown man who claims its "only the Internet" would log on here 365 days a year to habitually green dot someone he doesn't know ("only a dot" :lol:), and would go about deleting old posts in case they came back to bite him? Do tell.

I know which one of us is taking this place seriously, and it sure as shit ain't me.

I'm describing the true definition of the word "envy".

Or have we to intentionally misinterpret words to suit our argument?...........

First you say you don't envy the success of the others clubs because you could simply choose to support them, then you say have actually envied the success of clubs such as St Johnstone and Caley Thistle.

Which is it?.... :)

I've explained it.

I feel a gentle but enjoyable envy for those who back their clubs with no great expectation of success, but who occasionally turn over a trump card, safe in the knowledge that such fun is unlikely to return anytime soon, perhaps ever.

I feel nothing of the sort however, for those who backed a team because it wins a lot, when it wins a lot.

As I've said, few joys can be more hollow.

You do reliase scotland played a huge role in the situation of Northern Ireland , that's before we get into the whole irish immigration coming predominantly from the north to the west coast of Scotland topic

My great grandfather came from Northern Ireland to Scotland 100 years ago. I probably have more justification to sing Irish stuff than most OF fans, yet I feel no great connection to that country, nor is it in any way enhanced when I pass through a turnstile to watch a Scottish league or cup football match.

My great grandfather came from Northern Ireland to Scotland 100 years ago. I probably have more justification to sing Irish stuff than most OF fans, yet I feel no great connection to that country, nor is it in any way enhanced when I pass through a turnstile to watch a Scottish league or cup football match.

People make too much out of songs, don't see what the all fuss is about.

You know monkey is in a fizz when even he is resorting to pointing out spelling mistakes

It's not your spelling he's taken issue with. It's the redundancy of the word "over". I.e the word "exaggeration" is all you need, rather than "over exaggeration".

Archived