Away fans visiting Ibrox

Rangers abuse of away fans  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is it with the songs anyway. Do the Rangers have any football songs or what? Can't recall too many on Saturday with any reference to what was going on on the pitch.

You could say the same about our "Just One Cornetto", with the difference being that it's a song about ice cream and not murder in a country that isn't even Scotland.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean derry's walls then again that is another unbanned song

Excuse my mearge knowledge of such songs and their titles. I'm not from any part of Ireland and care little for its history of murder.

The only thing I heard that was to do with football from the home fans was the one about walking down the street.

What does sending the King Edward and his proud English Army hame have to do with Football? It is essentially a song about a battle where men died a long long time ago, nothing to do with murder ffs.

I still sing it when I go to a Scotland Football match, I do not consider it offensive in anyway, the same can be said for Derry`s walls and the Sash

One is the national anthem of the side supporting the other is nothing to do with anything in Scotland yet alone Scottish football. But you knew that.

The sash or derrys walls is neither about murder

Ok, I'm not up on the lyrics.

In what way does it mention football or Rangers? I'm aware that other clubs' fans sing things like "Only the Lonely" and "Paper Roses", but they are for amusement and don't have any religious connotations.

Mohsni was a big lump, but he reacted the way most of us would have wanted to, Lee Erwin was a f*ckin angel, there was no provocation whatsoever eh !? It was inexcusable what Mohsni did if not understandable given the circumstances, that said, its up to the officials on the pitch to sort it out, it doesnt give a green light to invade the pitch.

Rangers have done as much if not more than any club over the last 15 years to rid our support of trouble makers, through match banning orders working with the Police.

They even tried death and resurrection and yet still they attract the trouble makers.

Nah, it's entirely different from what you describe as envy.

I'm describing the true definition of the word "envy".

Or have we to intentionally misinterpret words to suit our argument?...........

First you say you don't envy the success of the others clubs because you could simply choose to support them, then you say have actually envied the success of clubs such as St Johnstone and Caley Thistle.

Which is it?.... :)

'Altogether now the cry was no surrender' is a pretty fitting when your team is down or fighting back, the song is certainly not religiously offensive in any way.

Time and time again the diddies regularly play the sectarian card and mention songs which are not banned , these are folk songs

Ok, I'm not up on the lyrics.

In what way does it mention football or Rangers? I'm aware that other clubs' fans sing things like "Only the Lonely" and "Paper Roses", but they are for amusement and don't have any religious connotations.

So if you are not up on the lyrics why post nonsense , All big rivalries in football across the world have certain political , class , social differences which divide the opposition support , Barca v MAdrid , boca v river plate , fenerbache v galatasary , all of these rivalries are based on issues not directly related to football

So misogyny from Clownmel now homophobic abuse. Classy stuff from the Ps&Ds.

^^^^^ clearly does not understand what the word "homophobic" actually means.......

Anyway.

I decided to bale out of this thread for good last night when, like so many threads before it, it became a bit of a free-for-all for those for and agin the reconstituted club that plays at Ibrox.

However, having just come on for a quick browse it appears that I have upset some of the Rangers fans, and one or two others actually, with my description of bennett and Tedi as "bumbuddys".

This was far from my intention; there is room for debate between both sides of an argument without resorting to that sort of namecalling, and I regret that I let my standards fall to that level on this occasion. For that, I sincerely apologise, to bennett, to Tedi and to anyone else offended by my choice of invective. Sorry.

I did think seriously about going back and deleting the offending post, but there seemed to be little point in doing so as it has already been quoted and referred to by other posters. Plus, to be honest, I didn't wish to delete it in its entirety as despite my poor choice of language the behaviour of bennett and Tedi in green-dotting each others' posts once or twice most days over at least the past few weeks is, I feel, strange enough to be worthy of comment.

On balance I felt it best that I leave the post in place, but that I should certainly change the term that caused offense to something more benign, something that couldn't possibly offend any right-thinking adult on the board.

So, once again my apologies to all for any offence caused by the term "bumbuddy". I have now gone back and amended the post accordingly.

To "greeniebhoys".

^^^^^ clearly does not understand what the word "homophobic" actually means.......

Anyway.

I decided to bale out of this thread for good last night when, like so many threads before it, it became a bit of a free-for-all for those for and agin the reconstituted club that plays at Ibrox.

However, having just come on for a quick browse it appears that I have upset some of the Rangers fans, and one or two others actually, with my description of bennett and Tedi as "bumbuddys".

This was far from my intention; there is room for debate between both sides of an argument without resorting to that sort of namecalling, and I regret that I let my standards fall to that level on this occasion. For that, I sincerely apologise, to bennett, to Tedi and to anyone else offended by my choice of invective. Sorry.

I did think seriously about going back and deleting the offending post, but there seemed to be little point in doing so as it has already been quoted and referred to by other posters. Plus, to be honest, I didn't wish to delete it in its entirety as despite my poor choice of language the behaviour of bennett and Tedi in green-dotting each others' posts once or twice most days over at least the past few weeks is, I feel, strange enough to be worthy of comment.

On balance I felt it best that I leave the post in place, but that I should certainly change the term that caused offense to something more benign, something that couldn't possibly offend any right-thinking adult on the board.

So, once again my apologies to all for any offence caused by the term "bumbuddy". I have now gone back and amended the post accordingly.

To "greeniebhoys".

You've been posting similar digs for the last 3 or 4 days which I've more or less ignored, so it wasn't a one off.

I'm gay, it happens, deal with it Rudolf.

Anyway.

To "greeniebhoys".

This is definitely the qc

You've been posting similar digs for the last 3 or 4 days which I've more or less ignored, so it wasn't a one off.

I'm gay, it happens, deal with it Rudolf.

Being gay is not an issue. It's you being a fucking moron that gets right on my tits :)

Archived