Away fans visiting Ibrox

Rangers abuse of away fans  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye you fucking are. You just summed yourself up in one word, 100% accurate. To make it better one of the pussies greenied you for it.

Neither are women, both are pussies.

Angry as f**k - as well as a narrow-minded Sellick-supporting, Rangers-obessed misogynist. Shite to be you, Clowny.

Edited to add 'Rangers-obessed'.

This thread has turned into utter drivel , the same shite arguements with the same diddies regularly cast up on the bralt now repeating itself as it probably will again next week

And the same old denials and I didn't see it response from supporters of rangers, old and new until it hits them in the face again and it's everyone else fault.

I think WillieA has got this, but basically, anyone who envied Rangers fans could simply become one. That would suggest to me that this envy must be absent in those who choose to follow other clubs. I'll throw it back. What exactly would I envy?

So when Barcelona win the Champions League for example, a Queen of the South fan wouldn't envy them because they could simply become a Barcelona fan if they wanted to?....

I suppose you're correct but you and I both know most fans don't change clubs so your logic is flawed.

Of course opposition fans envy the success of other clubs. Anyone who disagree's with that is in denial.

So when Barcelona win the Champions League for example, a Queen of the South fan wouldn't envy them because they could simply become a Barcelona fan if they wanted to?....

I suppose you're correct but you and I both know most fans don't change clubs so your logic is flawed.

Of course opposition fans envy the success of other clubs. Anyone who disagree's with that is in denial.

I can honestly say I've never, ever envied fans of Barcelona.

If that kind of scale and guaranteed success was what football fandom was about for me, I would not invest the time and money I do, on the club I do.

I will admit to experiencing twinges of envy when seeing St Johnstone or ICT lift the Cup, because those are fans I can more readily identify with, who support their teams for the same reason I do, mine.

There's a vicarious pleasure in watching those triumphs too though.

It's a lot harder to become a supporter of Barca than Rangers if you live in Scotland.

Anyone in Scotland can realistically support any club in the country easily enough. The majority of non-old firm supporters of other sides do because a) it's their local side and don't want to glory hunt and b)don't feel sad enough to support a football club because of religious reasons.

Why would I envy a club based on sectarianism and bigotry that is followed by either glory hunters or the former? Why would I want to mix with supporters of a club like that? Cheer a victory in a cup final beside thousands of glory hunters or bigots? Makes no sense.

That goes for Celtic as well as the club you support or supported.

I can honestly say I've never, ever envied fans of Barcelona. If that kind of scale and guaranteed success was what football fandom was about for me, I would not invest the time and money I do, on the club I do. I will admit to experiencing twinges of envy when seeing St Johnstone or ICT lift the Cup, because those are fans I can more readily identify with, who support their teams for the same reason I do, mine. There's a vicarious pleasure in watching those triumphs too though.

So using your own logic.......... why would you envy St Johnstone or Caley Thistle when you could simply choose to support one of them?.....

You've just defeated your own argument.

Comparing Rangers to Barca.

Who did that?....

Unfortunately, though, we seem to be dealing with the sort of lowlifes here who will probably read this, shout "RESULT!!"

In truth it will be read by reasonable people who wonder why you're being such an arrogant, bumptious and self-important tosser when your only contribution to the thread has been 'bumbuddy'.

In truth it will be read by reasonable people who wonder why you're being such an arrogant, bumptious and self-important tosser when your only contribution to the thread has been 'bumbuddy'.

Fs that "bumbuddy" was cringey , the sort of patter you hit out with in high school

I will admit to experiencing twinges of envy when seeing St Johnstone or ICT lift the Cup, because those are fans I can more readily identify with, who support their teams for the same reason I do, mine. There's a vicarious pleasure in watching those triumphs too though.

Watching Rangers win something of note (I'm sure they'll do it one day) would be like the guy at work who is constantly objectifying women and making rape jokes turning up at the office party with a stunner who is an empty shell of a human being with nothing of note in her conversation or character aside from how she looks. There may be some superficial "glory" that man seeks to project with his trophy fanny but just makes him look like the arrogant narcissist we already knew he was. He, however, seems to believe everyone in the room is jealous of his new bit of fanny when, really, we just pity them both.

Watching St. Johnstone or ICT win something of note is more like bumping into yer mate ye've naw seen in a wee while and his new missus and she's not only good looking but is wearing a Joy Division t-shirt and is full of good craic and a surprising knowledge of spaghetti westerns or Father Ted and ye think "Aye. Ye've won a watch there mate".

So using your own logic.......... why would you envy St Johnstone or Caley Thistle when you could simply choose to support one of them?.....

Christ! but you're thick!

A simple vacuous person incapable of all but the most basic linear thoughts.

Nah, it's entirely different from what you describe as envy.

I've seen these fans enjoy and appreciate their rare moments in the sun and enjoyed them too. I've thought 'that must feel great'. I've not wished I supported their clubs at all times though, because I've already got one of those, that means a great deal to me.

When the OF triumph, there's none of that at all. I have no vicarious share in what's happening and would hate a world in which 'success' of that nature felt inevitable and therefore utterly hollow.

You don't suggest anyway, that this envy we all feel is one-off in nature. You reckon we always feel it and wish we supported teams like yours.

Believe me. We fucking don't.

I sense Tedi is 1 of a good few 'Rangers men' who was always gonnae be that way because his dad supported them and so on.

Sadly for Tedi their are also they other Rangers men who started out supporting someone else but didn't like being laughed at by Rangers men at school.

If you cannae beat them eh.

Then theirs the Rangers men who dinnae have a fucking clue about anything.

They can't tell you last week's score, next weeks fixture, who Rangers have in the cup, who plays left midfield or where the f**k Ibrox is.

These are the guys who shout from the rooftops about how Rangers are the greatest thing on earth.

They like to start songs about the cry being no surrender when folk are listening and laughing.

Basically the entire Rangers support is broken up into brackets with the decent ones constantly having to defend the human shite that attaches themselves to a club dripping with problems.

Watching Rangers win something of note (I'm sure they'll do it one day) would be like the guy at work who is constantly objectifying women and making rape jokes turning up at the office party with a stunner who is an empty shell of a human being with nothing of note in her conversation or character aside from how she looks. There may be some superficial "glory" that man seeks to project with his trophy fanny but just makes him look like the arrogant narcissist we already knew he was. He, however, seems to believe everyone in the room is jealous of his new bit of fanny when, really, we just pity them both.

Watching St. Johnstone or ICT win something of note is more like bumping into yer mate ye've naw seen in a wee while and his new missus and she's not only good looking but is wearing a Joy Division t-shirt and is full of good craic and a surprising knowledge of spaghetti westerns or Father Ted and ye think "Aye. Ye've won a watch there mate".

The writings of a man who has watched a collegue he hates walk in with an absoloute stunner and been filled with inner rage and seethe ever since

It does not feel hollow at all, it feels fucking brilliant, as you could see from the video you tried to put down as nonsense, there was not a single Rangers fan in that crowd with any 'hollow' feelings. We also have something extra, years later these achievements still fill us with a warm fuzzy feeling, every time dour face c***s like you bump their gums it just add to the mirth, please never stop.

Don't the 'achievements' all blur a bit? Rangers have won so many things (not recently, obvs) it must be hard to keep track.

The obvious financial advantage,over everyone but Celtic, makes success almost inevitable; unless you employ McCoist as manager.

Archived