Away fans visiting Ibrox

Rangers abuse of away fans  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, not once have I thought about 'financial advantage' when celebrating any of the trophies we have won.

Yes, that's cause you're a gloryhunter who chooses guaranteed success and the chance to get it right up everyone else, and gloryhunters don't want to entertain any rational thoughts - such as the ability to afford players that all but Celtic cannot - that may lessen the joy they desperately crave.

I'm not asking for clues. I'm asking what the songs grown adults supporting a football team are singing about mate? Don't suppose I'll get a reply.

Well the title of songs are what the song are about , the sash is about the sash and derry's walls is about the defence of derryduring the siege of Derry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Derry

You want to find out more have a read, you might even see that scotland was not exactly "nothing to do with it"

'Altogether now the cry was no surrender' is a pretty fitting when your team is down or fighting back, the song is certainly not religiously offensive in any way.

Shite.

The references to Ireland are what makes it a Rangers song.

It's sectarian in nature, which is why it gets sung.

Well the title of songs are what the song are about , the sash is about the sash and derry's walls is about the defence of derryduring the siege of Derry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Derry

You want to find out more have a read, you might even see that scotland was not exactly "nothing to do with it"

I'd be putting quite a few of those songs in the "folk" bracket.

They do not blur at all, honestly I am not trying to be disrespectful to you here but it really is nonsense when people try to suggest winning means less to us and it is a genuine added extra when people try to play it down, it just adds to the enjoyment.

Also, not once have I thought about 'financial advantage' when celebrating any of the trophies we have won.

That's one of the most pathetic things I've ever read on here.

I'm genuinely feeling uncomfortable on your behalf.

What age are you again Ted?

In that sense flower of scotland is anti english in nature

There is no criticism of Rangers that cannot be defended with yet-another example of whataboutery.

Scotland is a nation mainly thanks to defending herself from the English in centuries gone by. So when people are supporting that country they are entitled to sing the anthem. And as far as I know, English people don't find it offensive. Whereas the baggage sung by Rangers & Celtic has hee haw to do with football clubs in Glasgow. It's only been sung to be deliberately divisive.

There is no criticism of Rangers that cannot be defended with yet-another example of whataboutery. Scotland is a nation mainly thanks to defending herself from the English in centuries gone by. So when people are supporting that country they are entitled to sing the anthem. And as far as I know, English people don't find it offensive. Whereas the baggage sung by Rangers & Celtic has hee haw to do with football clubs in Glasgow. It's only been sung to be deliberately divisive.

Scotland is also a nation which has been in Union with England for over 300 years now , we also defended ourselves from the Romans and Vikings so why not sing a song to mention those aswell . the song in question is also a song about defence and struggle so again another diddy shooting himself in the foot again

Oh look another cliche ridden mess of a post, as I said earlier bump your gums all you want, i consider they just add to the enjoyment of winning.

You're a gloryhunter, deal with it.

Have you dotted Bennett your full quota of dots today? 365 days a year of unconditional green-dot love. Interspersed with deleting old posts you made so people can't quote things you said. So long as you don't take place this too seriously eh... :lol:

Archived