The Force Awakens - Spoiler Thread!

Quentin Taranbino

Would be interested in others views on the Han and Kylo Ren scene. Was Ren genuine in his supposed turn to the light prior to killing Han or was it just a way to lower Hans guard before killing him? Will need to watch it again!

I thought about it at the time and I think he was on the brink but used that moment to cement his place on the dark side (but I think he'll still turn by the end of the trilogy).

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really didn't buy into Renn. He just struck me as an incredibly dweeby antagonist. I was seething that after all Han has went through a dweeby character like that bumped him off.

Renn certainly doesn't have the presence of Maul or Vader and I think he's the weak point of the first film.

Some great nostalgic bits and other than that I thought the other new characters meshed really well.

As predictable as it became throughout the film - the discovery of Luke still managed to give me goosebumps.

http://www.hellou.co.uk/2015/12/this-force-awakens-fan-theory-could-be-a-game-changer-theres-a-big-twist-74141/

I like this theory..... thoughts?

OK SO WE GOT OUT OF OUR SECOND THE FORCE AWAKENS SHOWING AND MY DAD WAS DRIVING US HOME AND OUT OF NOWHERE HE WAS LIKE: ………………….oh my god. w HAT IF KYLO REN CHOSE TO GO TO THE DARK SIDE SO HE COULD HELP THE LIGHT SIDE! AND I WAS LIKE WHAT! SO HE WAS LIKE HEAR ME OUT WHAT IF HE WENT TO THE DARK SIDE JUST SO HE COULD KILL SNOKE!!!!

AND THATS WHY HE’S SO CONFLICTED, AND THATS WHY HE FEELS THE TEMPTATION OF THE LIGHT SIDE STRONGER THAN THE DARK!!!!!

THATS WHY HE TALKS TO VADER’S HELMET, BECAUSE HE IS GONNA FINISH WHAT ANAKIN, THE CHOSEN ONE, STARTED!!!
HE HAD TO COMPLETELY TURN AWAY FROM HIS FAMILY IN ORDER TO DO THAT! TO BECOME A SITH FULLY AND COMPLETELY YOU HAVE TO SACRIFICE SOMEONE YOU LOVE TO DEATH, IN HIS CASE IT WAS HAN!

1147.jpg

THATS WHY HE TELLS HAN HE FEELS LIKE HE’S BEING TORN APART INSIDE, BECAUSE HE DOESN’T WANT TO DO IT AT ALL, BUT IT’S THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY TO BECOME A SITH AND COMPLETE HIS TASK!!!!! KYLO LITERALLY UTTER THE WORDS “WILL YOU HELP ME” TO HAN, AND HAN SAYS “ANYTHING YOU NEED” (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT I CANT REMEMBER)! WHAT HE’S ASKING IS IF HAN WILL DIE IN ORDER FOR HIM TO COMPLETE HIS F*CKING TASK

THATS WHY IT LOOKED LIKE HE KNEW WHO REY WAS, BECAUSE HE NEEDS TO PROTECT HER THATS WHY HE OFFERS HER TO BE HER TEACHER, HE NEEDS SOMEONE AS POWERFUL AS REY IT’LL BE LITERALLY THE DARK SIDE AND THE LIGHT SIDE JOINING UP TO DEFEAT ONE ENEMY TOGETHER AS ONE, WHICH IS BASICALLY WHAT THE FORCE IS.

THEY LIVE SIDE BY SIDE IN IT THATS WHY HE’S SO CONFLICTED ALL THE TIME, THATS WHY HIS FIGHT STYLE ISNT LIKE A SITH’S AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE ALWAYS SAYING THAT THE DARK SIDE AND THE LIGHT ARE TOGETHER IN THE FORCE

THEY NEED THE PERSONIFICATION OF BOTH SIDES (KYLO AND REY) IN ORDER TO BE STRONG ENOUGH TO DESTROY SNOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE LITERALLY HAS TO BECOME A SITH TO JOIN FORCES WITH A JEDI

BECAUSE THE LIGHT IN HIM IS SO MUCH STRONGER THAN THE DARK AND HE HAS TO GET RID OF IT IN ORDER TO DO WHAT HE HAS TO DO AND SAVE THE GALAXY WITH REY AND LUKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE NEEDS TO KNOW WHERE LUKE IS AT ALL TIMES SO THE FIRST ORDER WONT CAPTURE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IF THEY STAGED LUKE’S JEDI ORDER MASSACRE!!! WHAT IF LUKE KNOWS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!1 WHAT IF KYLO KNOWS THEY LEFT HER IN JAKKU SO SNOKE WOULD THINK SHE DIED IN THE MASSACRE ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER JEDIS!!!!!!!! AND THATS WHY HE REACTED THAT WAY WHEN THE GUY SAID THE DROID HAD “HELP FROM A GIRL IN JAKKU”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”
you know how a lot of people are saying: OH BUT IT LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE EPISODE IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!1 I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S ON PURPOSE!!!!!! BECAUSE THE PATH THEY ARE TAKING IS GONNA BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! EPISODE VII WAS LITERALLY JUST AN INTRODUCTION!!!! CALM DOWN PEOPLE PLEASE IT’S GONNA BE AWESOME!

THIS IS STAR WARS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A PLOT TWIST LIKE THIS IS MANDATORY WE ARE NOT GETTING “REMAKES” OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY I PROMISE YOU

idk if u like it but i THINK ITS SO F*CKING AWESOME IF THATS THE REASON ITS THE ONLY POSSIBLE GOOD EXPLANATION IN MY HEAD.

WHY SOMEONE THAT HAS LEIA AS HIS MOTHER, HAN AS HIS FATHER AND LUKE SKYWALKER AS HIS UNCLE WOULD TURN TO THE DARK SIDE U KNO

HAN DYING WOULDNT BE FOR NOTHING, HE LITERALLY DIED SO HIS FAMILY COULD FINISH SAVING THE GALAXY
REY, KYLO, LUKE, LEIA, FINN AND POE ARE GONNA DESTROY THE LAST SITH TOGETHER AND BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really didn't buy into Renn. He just struck me as an incredibly dweeby antagonist. I was seething that after all Han has went through a dweeby character like that bumped him off.

Renn certainly doesn't have the presence of Maul or Vader and I think he's the weak point of the first film.

Some great nostalgic bits and other than that I thought the other new characters meshed really well.

As predictable as it became throughout the film - the discovery of Luke still managed to give me goosebumps.

I see where you coming from in regards to Renn, however, I found it refreshing that we have villain that has a screw loose rather than someone like Vader who is in complete control.

You have to remember as well that Han wasn't killed by any "dweeb" but by his own son. Han thought that he could turn him to the light and failed. Hopefully the other films will flesh this story arc out.

There's no doubt that Renn is a flawed character but I think that's a good thing.

I went to see it last night in Inverness. The place was half empty. I'm not sure if that's just Inverness, but I recall it being much harder to get in to see the Phantom Menace when I was in Aberdeen back in the late '90s. Is that a result of the latest generation not really caring that much about Star Wars?

I've only watched the other films on dvd etc so and I never thought much of them, this is the first one where I've got to be with the hype etc and I still don't get it, a solid 7/10 film that completely re uses everything that goes on before it. Not a patch on the avengers etc.

If any other film series had just done a re-make like that then tried to pass it off as a sequel it would get panned, absolutely incredible.

Watched it again last night and thought it was even better on second viewing.

Something kept getting in my eyes near the end which was annoying

The film makes no apologies for the story. Han brushing off that the star killer Base will be easy to knock out. It's all about the characters and every single one worked.

The visuals are up there with the best Iv ever seen accompanied by the amazing sound track (which is now on Spotify).

10/10 all day long.

Would be interested in others views on the Han and Kylo Ren scene. Was Ren genuine in his supposed turn to the light prior to killing Han or was it just a way to lower Hans guard before killing him? Will need to watch it again!

Looks like he is just about to give in to the light then the sun goes out causing everything to go dark :(

I've only watched the other films on dvd etc so and I never thought much of them, this is the first one where I've got to be with the hype etc and I still don't get it, a solid 7/10 film that completely re uses everything that goes on before it. Not a patch on the avengers etc

The Avengers is, of course, renowned for both its originality and its well rounded characters.

BzdVfXZIAAEmpXk.jpg

Yeah I like seeing Ren as an actual person under the mask rather than merely a soulless killing machine. More fleshed out characters get you more emotionally involved in the films

Nope. This had lessened him as a bad guy. He went from Darth Vader's equal to difficult teenager during the course of the film. Should never have taken off the mask.

Surely the rule of 2 is a no goer as in the prequels you have palpatine maul and dooku, granted not all 3 at the one time in a film but surely they can't have dooku suddenly become a sith when maul dies?

I think that's exactly how it works. One master and one apprentice. Maul died and another apprentice took his place.

Nope. This had lessened him as a bad guy. He went from Darth Vader's equal to difficult teenager during the course of the film. Should never have taken off the mask.

If I remember correctly, Rey fucked his face up in their fight so I can see him keeping the mask on for a lot more (if not all) of Episode 8.

the point is that palpatine had the whole galaxy seemingly under his control, so where did snoke come from

Surely there are hundreds of Siths in the galaxy operating under the rule of 2 that will never or have never met each other. I'd like to imagine he was hidden on the outer rim waiting on his chance or something.

DA raging over something daft? Stunned.

As for the whole two sith thing. Did it not cross folks minds that they might just decide to break that rule?

Raging? Where did you get that from? Do you know what the word 'raging' actually means?

Archived