The Force Awakens - Spoiler Thread!

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted there was not Alec Guinness flashback. I thought it would be braw if R2D2 had show Ray a wee hologram of the original "You see, the Force..." speech.

Ray, maybe Obi-Wan did some shagging at some point? I dunno. Seems a forgone conclusion she's Luke's daughter or nephew.

Well, that was fucking wonderful.

The new characters are all great, Poe in particular. Thought Kylo Ren was class and keen to know more about the Supreme Leader. The nostalgic nods to the old films were done really well. Han Solo is still the most badass c.unto in the galaxy, love him.

I fecking loved that, might have to go see it again.

Set up well for years more guid Star Wars to come. Can't wait to take my wee boy to see the new ones.

I've still got it as an extremely easy second best on second viewing, but I thought IV and VI were merely decent.

Still think VII is really damn good.

The thing that elevates it above IV for me is that despite being basically a rehash of IV it was good to see the First Order and their troops being much more effective and brutal. Plus Kylo as a genuinely conflicted individual was the character development Anakin should have got. I've always liked Star Wars in spite of Lucas and it's good that he's now fucked off. The set pieces were stunning as well.

Just back from the cinema as well having gone to a late showing.

It felt like they've finally dragged Star Wars into the 21st Century, its a shame we had the prequel trilogy before this film finally did that job. It has set up the next film very nicely and I had so many questions as to what would happen next. Only 500 odd days to wait I guess.

Ren has to be Lukes daughter. I thought the scene where she found Lukes lightsaber and it was calling out to her was screaming this point. I'm interested to find out why she was left on Jakku.

If someone I know hasn't seen the film yet and asked me to go with them I would jump at a chance to see it for a second time.

I thought the scene where she found Lukes lightsaber and it was calling out to her was screaming this point. I'm interested to find out why she was left on Jakku.

Not seen anyone else mention it but I thought the bigger clue was when his saber landed in the snow like on Hoth, and like Luke she used the Force to retrieve it. That was the thing that made me sure she's Luke's daughter.

Assume she was hidden in Jaaku under the watchful eye of the old boy who Kylo Ren killed at the start.

As someone who watched the spoilers it was interesting to see what did and didn't make it onto the screen. A very accurate (but with key scenes missing) shooting script was out and about months ago, for example. There was a plan to explain how Maz got the Bespin lightsabre and a 2nd and more complete version of the shooting script revealed they were going to show Luke training Ben Solo at his academy in the flashback but those ideas got ditched. Perhaps they'll return to them in 8.

An idea I had was that Luke's seclusion after the slaughter of his students by Kylo and the Knights of Ren was linked to Rey. She touches the lightsabre and triggers the memories of the past and a vision of the immediate future (seeing Ren in the woods). She is in the centre of the vision when the KoR are killing in the rain (though Kylo appears to protect her by killing someone about to kill her?) and is revealed as a child in the last image when she is left on Jakku by an unknown person/persons.

What if Luke has gone into hiding to protect Rey? By going to the original Jedi temple, he is able to use his power to shield Rey on Jakku and also suppress all of her memories pre-Jakku and perhaps more importantly Kylo's too. Once the timing is right, he reactivates R2 to reveal the map and allow her to reunite with him. She survived the slaughter of the Jedi students for whatever reason. Perhaps as others have suggested, she is Luke's daughter. The trailer with Luke's dialogue from ROTJ to Leia could apply to her. It also applies to Ben/Kylo though.

A few clues along the way: Kylo stops dead in his tracks when a girl is mentioned... "WHAT girl?" It triggers something in him. Only seen it once but does he not tell Snoke about her? Maybe his original plan was to kidnap 'Rey' and take her to Snoke but Luke arrived back in time (unlikely Kylo and KOR would have wiped out the students with Luke there) to save her from him/them and immediately took her to Jakku where 'old ally' Lor San Tekka and his Church of the Force were to act as guardians.

Saw someone ask about how the Resistance didn't know about Starkiller Base. Apparently it is a movable planet and has come from another part of the galaxy.

I'm not going to take much convincing that Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise. We only see him as a hologram - maybe he is communicating from beyond the grave? Maybe he did 'cheat death' after all. And as the person who created Anakin (and thus Luke/Leia and Kylo, and probably Rey) it would give a twist to the whole 'killing your father' motif.

Your final point's a funny one. I was thinking that when he was kept in the shadows and ultimately revealed that it would click that he was Plageuis but then I remembered I had no idea what he looked like :lol: I think it was on here I said that the final battle will be Kylo or Rey or both against Snoke and I still stand by that with Luke most likely getting the chop at the end of 8.

I think Daisy Ridley has a shot for best actress.

Settle down. She's good (and might even get a token nomination) but there are several outstanding female performances ahead of her in the Oscar nomination queue.

I'm not going to take much convincing that Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise. We only see him as a hologram - maybe he is communicating from beyond the grave? Maybe he did 'cheat death' after all. And as the person who created Anakin (and thus Luke/Leia and Kylo, and probably Rey) it would give a twist to the whole 'killing your father' motif.

Hopefully he isn't. The EU isn't canon anymore so the "Plagueis created Anakin" stuff no longer applies to the Star Wars universe.

My theory on Snoke is:

that he's Force-sensitive without explicitly being a Sith (he could be a Jedi, albeit one with different motivations to Luke). He'll have something to do with Luke and his efforts to create a new Jedi Order. Han and Leia talk about "Snoke" as if they know him. Perhaps he sees the Jedi Order as a way to rule the galaxy and Luke, obviously, disagrees. A bit of seduction here, some "You are the grandson of the great Darth Vader" to Ben Solo there, this all leads to Kylo Ren massacring the new Jedi Order to prove himself to Snoke. Snoke, in the manner of Palpatine, sees (a) the First Order as the perfect vehicle to establish control over the Galaxy, and (b) can use Kylo Ren (or indeed the "Knights Of Ren") as his enforcer. Snoke knows that Kylo Ren is more powerful than himself, so uses opportunities like Han Solo's death to exert some control over his "apprentice". As for Snoke's injuries? Probably sustained in a battle with Luke. Over the future of the Jedi Order.

Settle down. She's good (and might even get a token nomination) but there are several outstanding female performances ahead of her in the Oscar nomination queue.

Hopefully he isn't. The EU isn't canon anymore so the "Plagueis created Anakin" stuff no longer applies to the Star Wars universe.

My theory on Snoke is:

that he's Force-sensitive without explicitly being a Sith (he could be a Jedi, albeit one with different motivations to Luke). He'll have something to do with Luke and his efforts to create a new Jedi Order. Han and Leia talk about "Snoke" as if they know him. Perhaps he sees the Jedi Order as a way to rule the galaxy and Luke, obviously, disagrees. A bit of seduction here, some "You are the grandson of the great Darth Vader" to Ben Solo there, this all leads to Kylo Ren massacring the new Jedi Order to prove himself to Snoke. Snoke, in the manner of Palpatine, sees (a) the First Order as the perfect vehicle to establish control over the Galaxy, and (b) can use Kylo Ren (or indeed the "Knights Of Ren") as his enforcer. Snoke knows that Kylo Ren is more powerful than himself, so uses opportunities like Han Solo's death to exert some control over his "apprentice". As for Snoke's injuries? Probably sustained in a battle with Luke. Over the future of the Jedi Order.

The Plagueis creating Anakin stuff isn't restricted to the expanded universe. Schmi states that Anakin is a virgin birth, and Sidious states that Plagueis had the ability to manipulate midichlorians to produce life. Going from that two specific things we are told the deduction that Plagueis created Anakin isn't too much of a leap nor would it be restricted to the legends banner of the expanded universe. Snoke could be Plagueis

Snoke must be a Sith to fit in with the rule of two that was introduced in the prequel trilogy. The stealth thing to rise to power as Sidious previously showed could easily be repeated again, hence why they talk about him.

Saw it earlier. Loved it.

It's Supreme Leader (not General) Snoke (not Snokes). I'm also intrigued to learn more about him. Don't think he's dead (he told Hux to come with Ren to meet him) or Darth Plagiues (who is dead after Palpatine/Sidious killed him). He has trained Ren in the dark side so why would he hide that he's a Sith (which the aforementioned training means he can't hide)? Will be interesting to see how he 'completes' Ren's training.

Rey being Han and Leia's daughter makes no sense. Why would they abandon her but raise Ben? Ben lived with them until Leia asked Luke to train him. What reason could they have for not raising Rey that wouldn't apply to Ben? Plus you think they might have told her when they met if she was.

I think she is Luke's daughter. She had the force vision after touching Luke's lightsaber (which 'awoken' the force in her). I think her mother was pregnant with her when Ben became Ren so Luke hid her on Jakku to protect her (it worked for him!). He tracked down the original Jedi temple to try and find a way to save Ren but also to ensure he can't be captured and made to give up Rey's location.

I think Luke knew exactly who she is at the end scene.

Unlike others, going in I didn't think Han was dying. However it was clear to all when he stepped on the bridge what was going down. There were tears.

Also Leia could have been trained a bit by Luke..

The Plagueis creating Anakin stuff isn't restricted to the expanded universe. Schmi states that Anakin is a virgin birth, and Sidious states that Plagueis had the ability to manipulate midichlorians to produce life. Going from that two specific things we are told the deduction that Plagueis created Anakin isn't too much of a leap nor would it be restricted to the legends banner of the expanded universe. Snoke could be Plagueis

Snoke must be a Sith to fit in with the rule of two that was introduced in the prequel trilogy. The stealth thing to rise to power as Sidious previously showed could easily be repeated again, hence why they talk about him.

In that case, if he is Plagueis, surely there were always 3 rather than 2 - Plageuis, Sidious, and Maul/Dooku/Vader.

Archived