The Force Awakens - Spoiler Thread!

Quentin Taranbino

further thoughts on rey... what if she is rens half sister - Leia had another after han left, hence they do not know each other, only he knows of her

She's Luke's daughter. They're cousins.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harrison Ford would happily work with anything for the money.

Carrie Fisher has made it clear in interviews that Mark Hamil wasn't happy with the way that Harrison Ford came to be viewed as the main star in what would otherwise have been his vehicle to superstardom. Killing off Han Solo leaves the coast clear for him in parts 8 and 9, while the better actor of the two was used to make sure 7 didn't bomb.

Carrie Fisher has made it clear in interviews that Mark Hamil wasn't happy with the way that Harrison Ford came to be viewed as the main star in what would otherwise have been his vehicle to superstardom. Killing off Han Solo leaves the coast clear for him in parts 8 and 9, while the better actor of the two was used to make sure 7 didn't bomb.

:lol:

Yeah they killed off Han just to help Hamill's ego.

Parts 1 to 3 bombed for most people and Disney has billions invested on this, which is why we got what was uncomfortably close to a remake of part 4. Hamill could have told them to do one where appearing as Luke was concerned, so had to be kept happy given the last jedi angle was always going to be pivotal to the plot.

If you think 1-3 bombed, you have no idea what a bomb actually is. So I'd suggest you stop using that term for a start. And as if a complete nobody like Hamill was going to turn down a role in this. Ford might have done so, given he's actually a name. But Hamill would have bitten their hands off for it, hence why he was one of the very first names to sign on for it.

I think Ford probably said 'I'll do it but you'll have to pay me loads of money and I'm only doing one'

Yup or they said "Oh he wants that much per movie, lets kill him in the first". It certainly had nothing to do with Mark Hamill.

The prequels (as Randy pointed out didn't bomb) made $1bn, $650m and $850m. I think the word you are looking for is panned.

Edited to add: The Force Awakens has taken in $1.3bn and is still to hit the lucrative Chinese market.

"What was your job here?"

"Sanitation"

The look Solo gives him :lol:

For me that was a nod to the line in Clerks about "Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main?".

Anyway.

Enjoyed the film, as did my son, who was seeing 3D IMax for the first time.

I avoided all talk of it prior to seeing it, although my brother saying that "I've not seen it yet, but unfortunately I know who Ren is" had me hoping like hell it wasn't Luke.

Seeing Han step onto the bridge I knew what was coming, but the shocked "gasp" from the boy told me how wrapped up in it he was. Han and Chewie stole the show, although the new characters were impressive.

Plenty great comedy moments too (the two troopers doing an about face on hearing Ren having a strop was a standout) and loads of nods to the original trilogy (even down to the big planet-destroying laser beam). Nice cameo by Daniel Craig too.

On the negative side, Carrie Fisher seems to have forgotten how to play Leia in the same way that Billie Piper forgot how to play Rose.

Going to be a long wait for Episode VIII.

Think it's also to do with his age, given that he'd be pushing late 70's by the end of the last one.

His age won't have had anything to do with it I would have thought. Christopher Lee did two Star Wars films in his 80s

yup and ford was on the jonathan ross show talking about trying to get another indiana jones on the go, surely to f**k they films would be harder for him than star wars films

Presumably only for flashback scenes at this point. Having a reunion of the three main characters from part 4 with Ford doing most of the dialogue would have made for a better film. At the end I knew Luke wasn't going to say anything because a speaking part would cost them a lot more and there was no way they were adding a few mill to the budget for a single line to say something like who are you and what are you doing here? Hopefully the next two will revolve mainly around the new characters and will keep the less than stellar acting of Hamill and Fisher to a minimum.

At the end I knew Luke wasn't going to say anything because a speaking part would cost them a lot more and there was no way they were adding a few mill to the budget for a single line to say something like who are you and what are you doing here? Hopefully the next two will revolve mainly around the new characters and will keep the less than stellar acting of Hamill and Fisher to a minimum.

:lol:

I highly doubt budget was cared about in the making of this. Even if it was pish, it was going to run the Avatar record close in terms of money made. As it is, it's decent so it'll surpass it fairly easy.

Archived