Next Celtic Manager

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The smart thing to do would be to get rid now and immediately bring in your new man. Give the incoming manager five games with little pressure (win 3 and you have the title) and suss out his best players for next year. Pre-season isn't long enough anymore.

We've seen this work when McInnes came into Aberdeen.

There's just no point in wasting more time with that dude, he's a dud.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know anything about football? Are you that keen to be proved right that you will suggest winning the title with Stromsgodset in Norway makes him a far, far more plausible candidate for the Celic job than Alan Stubbs would be? It's effectively the same as Robbie Neilson winning the title with Hearts in a league with no OF, and getting the job at Galatasary. Ask any Celtic fan if they were expecting Deila as their boss and see what kind of answers you get, which takes me back to my original point of stranger things having happened in football than if Celtic were to turn around and appoint Stubbs.

For the record, I don't think he'll get the job either - and nor do I think he's anywhere near a strong enough candidate for Celtic. But you're still missing my point. You're accusing me of touting my shit club's manager for the biggest job in Scottish football. I'm merely saying that given his Celtic connections, decent (but no more) record thus far, and the little cost it would take to appoint him, that it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the history of the game if they went in for him. But after Deila they are highly unlikely to make the same mistake twice with inexperience.

P.S.... sworded by Alloa and Dumbarton? They've taken points off Rangers the last couple of years too. You wouldn't be saying this sort of thing were it not for the recent spell of bad form.

FWIW the Hearts/Stromsgotset comparison isn't accurate.

They're a yoyo club and there are plenty of more established names in the Tippeleigen, Brann, Valarenga, Viking, etc, and Rosenborg absolutely dominated for a decade or so. Stromsgotset are comparable to Hamilton, for example if they'd have kept up the charge under Alex Neil and won the league. It was a pretty remarkable achievement, in terms of Norwegian fitba.

Paulo Di Canio or Roy Keane please. The seethe on here would be marvellous.

From who? Di Canio wouldn't go down well with the political wing of the Cellic fans and Keane could be as big a mistake as he was playing for them.

Can't see either of them making me seethe.

You wouldn't be saying this sort of thing were it not for the recent spell of bad form.

Incredible insight, but as you say Hibs are actually in a run of dreadful form and results are kind of the primary basis for judging a manager. Stubbs could be weeks from the sack at Hibs - it would be the strangest appointment of all time.

FWIW the Hearts/Stromsgotset comparison isn't accurate.

They're a yoyo club and there are plenty of more established names in the Tippeleigen, Brann, Valarenga, Viking, etc, and Rosenborg absolutely dominated for a decade or so. Stromsgotset are comparable to Hamilton, for example if they'd have kept up the charge under Alex Neil and won the league. It was a pretty remarkable achievement, in terms of Norwegian fitba.

Fair enough, but I'd say you're splitting hairs somewhat. I would say the Hamilton comparison is far too inaccurate the other way. I'm taking the quality of the Norwegian top flight teams as a group as slightly higher than the SPL (I think if you paired them all off in Europen competition they'd come out on top).

Not sure about yo-yo club either, they've been back in the top flight for about 10 years now

Incredible insight, but as you say Hibs are actually in a run of dreadful form and results are kind of the primary basis for judging a manager. Stubbs could be weeks from the sack at Hibs - it would be the strangest appointment of all time.

Appreciate the input - the sarky, smug tone adds such authority to your opinion, or so you'd wish. I was more trying to counter his inaccurate claim that we get "regularly" dicked on by the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and also recently your pishy wee club, and are indeed just suffering an undeniable trough in form. And I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact that I don't think he'll be anywhere near the Celtic job either

From who? Di Canio wouldn't go down well with the political wing of the Cellic fans and Keane could be as big a mistake as he was playing for them.

Can't see either of them making me seethe.

Celtic's political wing didn't have much to say about Griffiths, Tonev and Biton being found out as vicious racists.

They are only offended by things that won't have a detrimental effect to Celtic's results.

Do you know anything about football? Are you that keen to be proved right that you will suggest winning the title with Stromsgodset in Norway makes him a far, far more plausible candidate for the Celic job than Alan Stubbs would be? It's effectively the same as Robbie Neilson winning the title with Hearts in a league with no OF, and getting the job at Galatasary. Ask any Celtic fan if they were expecting Deila as their boss and see what kind of answers you get, which takes me back to my original point of stranger things having happened in football than if Celtic were to turn around and appoint Stubbs.

For the record, I don't think he'll get the job either - and nor do I think he's anywhere near a strong enough candidate for Celtic. But you're still missing my point. You're accusing me of touting my shit club's manager for the biggest job in Scottish football. I'm merely saying that given his Celtic connections, decent (but no more) record thus far, and the little cost it would take to appoint him, that it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the history of the game if they went in for him. But after Deila they are highly unlikely to make the same mistake twice with inexperience.

P.S.... sworded by Alloa and Dumbarton? They've taken points off Rangers the last couple of years too. You wouldn't be saying this sort of thing were it not for the recent spell of bad form.

Erm, no we haven't  :(

Everytime we play Rangers we Hibs ourselves and lose comfortably 

Erm, no we haven't  :(

Everytime we play Rangers we Hibs ourselves and lose comfortably 

I stand corrected, you have indeed been thoroughly pumped by them, bar running them close a couple of weeks ago. It's Alloa who have been slightly less utterly pathetic 

The smart thing to do would be to get rid now and immediately bring in your new man. Give the incoming manager five games with little pressure (win 3 and you have the title) and suss out his best players for next year. Pre-season isn't long enough anymore.

We've seen this work when McInnes came into Aberdeen.

There's just no point in wasting more time with that dude, he's a dud.

I disagree, that wouldn't be a smart move at all.

Archived