Next Celtic Manager

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chances are we will do our usual and go for the cheap option, an available Neil Lennon or try and tempt John Hughes or Alan Stubbs who would both genuinely jump at the offer

That would be absolutely fucking hilarious.

Unfortunately it would never, ever happen. Not even the Celtic board are that inept. 

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can assure you there most certainly is IF certain guarentees were made, the kind of backing RD sadly didnt get

Chances are we will do our usual and go for the cheap option, an available Neil Lennon or try and tempt John Hughes or Alan Stubbs who would both genuinely jump at the offer

But in which direction?

Why?

By all accounts Aston Villa want Moyes and will pump millions into getting back into the Premier League. Simply put, an English club with plenty of money to splash will be a much better prospect than Celtic because the potential for growth both as a club and as a manager is far greater. Neil Lennon got Celtic into the Champions League, won titles, beat Barcelona and the only club in for him was a clusterfuck like Bolton. Do even relatively well in England and you'll get an even better job there or abroad. 

Celtic just isn't a draw anymore.

Aye, penalties saw to that...

You actually think there is the remotest chance Celtic would pay Hibs compensation to take your absolute failure of a manager off your hands??

One who has Hibs trailing in the wake of a Falkirk side with a fraction of your resources and is regularly dicked by all manner of Championship dross?

My word.

Stubbs :lol:

No need to be a little c**t about it, I've not at any point said Stubbs would be a good appointment - my point is mainly that stranger things have happened. After all, who would have called the appointment of Deila before that was confirmed? 

No need to be a little c**t about it, I've not at any point said Stubbs would be a good appointment - my point is mainly that stranger things have happened. After all, who would have called the appointment of Deila before that was confirmed? 

Deila was a young manager who'd had success in a similar size of league to Scotland with a much smaller club. It was a gamble and he's turned out to be an absolute disaster, but there was reason to believe it would turn out to be a good appointment.

Alan Stubbs on the other hand has got Hibs sitting third in the Championship, in real danger of finishing fourth, with Hibs in relegation form over the last 10 games. It would be an infinitely stranger appointment than Deila - giving him a new 20 year deal would be more sensible than appointing Stubbs, who will be extremely lucky not to be sacked by Hibs in the summer.

Deila was a young manager who'd had success in a similar size of league to Scotland with a much smaller club. It was a gamble and he's turned out to be an absolute disaster, but there was reason to believe it would turn out to be a good appointment.

Alan Stubbs on the other hand has got Hibs sitting third in the Championship, in real danger of finishing fourth, with Hibs in relegation form over the last 10 games. It would be an infinitely stranger appointment than Deila - giving him a new 20 year deal would be more sensible than appointing Stubbs, who will be extremely lucky not to be sacked by Hibs in the summer.

He's not turned out to be an absolute disaster. He's been pretty poor, but they'll still win back to back titles. John Barnes, Tony Mowbray or Lou Macari were disasters.

Celtic get a wee bit of competition and their fans want to sack the manager who won them a double and looks likely to win the title.

Yep, Aberdeen have definitely competed pretty well up until this point.

Deila, laughable manager though he's turned out to be, did at least win the title with Stromsgodset. He's a useless diddy at Celtic level, but still way way way above Stubbs.

Haven't you worked out yet why fans of every Scottish club are pishing themselves with laughter at Stubbs and Hibs?

Do you need a clue?

And you think the utter failure who is being sworded by Alloa and Dumbarton could plausibly get the biggest job in Scottish football? With compensation going to Hibs?

:lol:

Deila, laughable manager though he's turned out to be, did at least win the title with Stromsgodset. He's a useless diddy at Celtic level, but still way way way above Stubbs.

Do you know anything about football? Are you that keen to be proved right that you will suggest winning the title with Stromsgodset in Norway makes him a far, far more plausible candidate for the Celic job than Alan Stubbs would be? It's effectively the same as Robbie Neilson winning the title with Hearts in a league with no OF, and getting the job at Galatasary. Ask any Celtic fan if they were expecting Deila as their boss and see what kind of answers you get, which takes me back to my original point of stranger things having happened in football than if Celtic were to turn around and appoint Stubbs.

And you think the utter failure who is being sworded by Alloa and Dumbarton could plausibly get the biggest job in Scottish football? With compensation going to Hibs?

For the record, I don't think he'll get the job either - and nor do I think he's anywhere near a strong enough candidate for Celtic. But you're still missing my point. You're accusing me of touting my shit club's manager for the biggest job in Scottish football. I'm merely saying that given his Celtic connections, decent (but no more) record thus far, and the little cost it would take to appoint him, that it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the history of the game if they went in for him. But after Deila they are highly unlikely to make the same mistake twice with inexperience.

P.S.... sworded by Alloa and Dumbarton? They've taken points off Rangers the last couple of years too. You wouldn't be saying this sort of thing were it not for the recent spell of bad form.

Archived