Next Celtic Manager

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whoever comes in needs to clear out the entire team. Its dreadful through and through.

Ambrose, Boyata, Lustig (legs are going I feel), Biton, Brown, GMS, Johansen, Forrest, Kazim-Richards, Cole, Ciftci, Scepovic & Stokes can all get to f**k as far as I'm concerned. That's over £10m in transfer fees there and not to mention the wages that will be freed up.

You'd be lucky to get a million for the lot.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever comes in needs to clear out the entire team. Its dreadful through and through.

Ambrose, Boyata, Lustig (legs are going I feel), Biton, Brown, GMS, Johansen, Forrest, Kazim-Richards, Cole, Ciftci, Scepovic & Stokes can all get to f**k as far as I'm concerned. That's over £10m in transfer fees there and not to mention the wages that will be freed up.

Is that 10m you've spent or likely to receive? Please say it's the former.

Can you please break that down into likely fee to be received per player reconciling to the 10m you speak of?

£0.01

£500k+

£1m+

£3m+

£1.5m+

£500k+

£1.5m+

£0.01

£0.01

£0.01

£500k+

£1m+

£500k+

So you want 1.5m for Forrest who is available on a free at the end of the season.

Edit. I misread. Probably too busy laughing at 1.5m for Mackay-Steven and 500k+ for Stokes

Despite being totally deluded he is referring to johansen there I think.

I realise he's a Rangers fan which hilariously actually matters to Celtic fans, and obviously he wouldn't take it if Deila was to be sacked now rather than at the end of the season, but I'm surprised there's been no mention of Derek McInnes.

While he's turned out to be an utter dud who will remembered as fondly as Barnes and Mowbray, Deila was the right kind of appointment at the time for Celtic. A young manager who'd had success at a smaller club in a similar standard of league to our was worth taking a chance on to see if he could have sustained success in Europe, because even if he turned out badly he surely couldn't fail to win the league anyway. Now that he's not only turned out to be shite but has kept his job for a full two seasons despite allowing Aberdeen to make a credible challenge for the title and being utterly humiliated in Europe, Celtic aren't in a position to take a risk on a manager who could turn out to be the next big thing but could just as easily turn out to be another Deila.

They need to get this one right to ensure they keep winning the title, because another backwards step will mean Aberdeen and probably Rangers winning a title before too long. That means they need a safe pair of hands who's a proven success in Scotland. Derek McInnes is quite clearly the best manager in the country by a mile and Celtic would absolutely walk the league for the foreseeable future with him in charge. The only question mark over it should be whether McInnes would rather stay at Aberdeen, because Celtic aren't likely to get a better manager than him - the likes of Moyes or Rodgers could maybe be tempted, but they'll probably prefer to hold out for English jobs. While winning the league once with Aberdeen would be a bigger achievement than winning it ten times with Celtic, the offer of basically guaranteed trophies and the chance to have a crack at the Champions League should be enough to tempt McInnes if he's offered it in the summer.

Obviously the ideal scenario here is that McInnes stays put and Celtic appoint Roy Keane, Alan Stubbs or some other 'Celtic-minded' disaster of a manager, but any Celtic fans who say they'd rather have Lennon back than McInnes are deluding themselves.

Are you looking at my Derek? You want some ay? Do ya? You want some??

Aberdeen keen to keep the same manager who persistently gets them papped out of cups to team below them with a lesser budget. 8 points behind Celtic now and 17 point gap last season?

Minter.

Lol

You stated a couple of facts re our performance in cups and points difference between us and yourselves. Absolutely no substance towards why we wouldn't want to keep mcinnes and absolutely no reference to the positives of mcinnes.

We understand yesterday hurt and we're flattered that were the targets of your rage but best go to bed and sleep it off m8.

Serious question. Will it be the same folk who appointed Deila who will appoint his successor?

No, I've heard it will be a fight between the board of directors at Poundland and the owners of M&Ds amusement park who will appoint the next guy.

What?

Archived