Irvine Meadow Management Team

Irvine Meadow

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit strange that they didn't have a game at the weekend, normally sackings are straight on the back of a defeat.

Medda on paper have a great squad filled with quality but when they played us at Bellsdale I thought they looked very much like a side full of individuals rather than a team. Rankin is still a good manager though and he'll bounce back.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for, Strain and his management team were amongst the most successful in recent years and were hounded out of Meadow Park. Ayrhire is fortunate enough to have the three best Juniour managers in the west of scotland in Sloan, Henderson and Strain, Meybe even in Scotland.

Tucker is doing his usual at Talbot a few changes every now and then to raise the quality, Henderson puts strong, fit and talented players together, Strain is doing a re-building job at Ardrossan, my tip for this season to do very well in the league, moved a few out, brought better quality in.

Steve will get another big job and come back stronger, he will know the pitfalls of dealing with a club whose fans expectations are outrageous, demanding to win everything, having been at meadow park on numerous visits there is still a hard core of fans who would give Sir Alex Ferguson a hard time!!

Good luck to the next manager, and happy christmas and a successful new year to all

I'm sure it's only Arthurlie and Talbot who's never been relegated from super premier.

We haven't either, but like Arthurlie we started off the new set up in the Super First. Talbot are the only team to be ever present in the Super Premier from the start.

Archived