Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clueless. We've had trident, NATO, fracking, currency, land reform, the trams and loads of other stuff discussed. Maybe you should go along to one to see what actually happens.....

Good to see such a varied list of topic's discussed that are important issues to the people of scotland.

However i would ask why currency would be something worth discussing at this time as it is clearly not a currant issue or concern.

Good to see such a varied list of topic's discussed that are important issues to the people of scotland.

However i would ask why currency would be something worth discussing at this time as it is clearly not a currant issue or concern.

Join the snp kev and come and find out :lol:

I'd go Euro. Not doing Ireland any harm. Economy head and shoulders above Northern Ireland and Britain

Do you think that folk stop debating stuff after a vote?

Debate, implement, review, debate, implement, review.

Otherwise you just become labour in Scotland. Unable to debate anything radical, no policies, stuck in a 1950s council house mindset.

Then you die.

That's how our local branch works.

The CA on the other hand is perhaps more of a set menu where you are there to listen to elected members and receive instruction.

I've been to four branch meetings since joining 15 months ago. Only one in which we had a decent political debate. I'm sure it varies significantly between branches but experience for me so far is not a great one.

I've been to four branch meetings since joining 15 months ago. Only one in which we had a decent political debate. I'm sure it varies significantly between branches but experience for me so far is not a great one.

You need to push for it.

I reminded our convener that constitutionally we only need officer updates 6 times we year inc. Agm so we should use the others for topical debate.

When I first joined it was like a community Council meeting with local councillors updating on overhanging trees on the temple hall to monorgan farm road.

We really only started topical debate when the new members joined but they were the ones who were really up for it.

If we didn't do it I certainly wouldn't feel obliged to keep attending meetings.

As for the CAs I don't mind them as Pete Wishart is always good value. Bit of a pain when they are in Ballinluig or Blair Atholl though.

Another SNP bad story.

Think he will quit before he gets sacked as if this is true which it appears to be then its a big step over the line.http://news.sky.com/story/1624059/snp-aide-suspended-over-anti-islamic-texts

I assume the SNP had some preliminary investigation before suspended him, this suggests the reports are true.

How can someone who is a political aide to an MP be such a fucking halfwit?

Anyway, I don't see this as an 'SNPbad' story, if true it's a genuine story that merits reporting.

As an aside, does dislike of Islam immediately make someone Islamophobic?

I assume the SNP had some preliminary investigation before suspended him, this suggests the reports are true.

Anyway, I don't see this as an 'SNPbad' story, if true it's a genuine story that merits reporting.

Your last point is a good one,i think he let his emotion cloud his judgement with his tweets but dont think you can class him as "islamophobic"

The joys of expanding too quickly. Far too many zoomers kicking about for my liking at the moment, the party needs a serious look at who is in and what they are up to.

No saying anymore although I will reply to PMs....

Funny that Mr Rational has all these super duper debates in his local branch.

Maybe a special branch more like.

I haven't a clue if they are still like that, I haven't been to a branch meeting in about a year and will not be attending for the foreseeable.

I suspect that the meetings are mainly dull these days with most folk clapping along like enthusiastic seals at a cult of personality meeting.

I haven't a clue if they are still like that, I haven't been to a branch meeting in about a year and will not be attending for the foreseeable.

I suspect that the meetings are mainly dull these days with most folk clapping along like enthusiastic seals at a cult of personality meeting.

Can you point me in the direction of where to go if I wanted to see what meetings were happening locally to me? Living in Glasgow central. Would be interested in coming along and seeing what it's like here.

Archived