Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

I like his stance on Scotland being a place that should be working to take in more Syrian refugees and his work to allow asylum seekers the dignity of work when they come here. I also thought his get up at his swearing in was cool as f**k.

Which ones do you like the best?

Honest answer. I don't know a great deal about him so I went on to his website and I still don't know a great deal about him.

I am happy with the stance on refugees that you explain above but would never support a politician based on his/her sartorial elegance.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest answer. I don't know a great deal about him so I went on to his website and I still don't know a great deal about him.

I am happy with the stance on refugees that you explain above but would never support a politician based on his/her sartorial elegance.

He backed equal marriage too which I know he was under immense pressure from certain quarters not to do so.

He is also a lightning rod for every racist arsehole, including elected politicians out there.

As for personal policies he is an SNP minister which pretty much means his politics are SNP policy.

I would say he is one of the good guys.

He backed equal marriage too which I know he was under immense pressure from certain quarters not to do so.

He is also a lightning rod for every racist arsehole, including elected politicians out there.

As for personal policies he is an SNP minister which pretty much means his politics are SNP policy.

I would say he is one of the good guys.

I think the SNP have done a good job with maintaining unity amongst their elected members at both Scottish and UK level but I'd be pretty worried if they were all mind clones when it comes to political issues.

The fact is amongst any group of politically active people, whether they hold elected office or not, there will be differences of opinions on a whole raft of policies. If I were to do a bit of digging on this guy or any other politician I'd like to think I could build up some picture of where they stand politically. I just found it a bit strange that his website was so nondescript.

I think the SNP have done a good job with maintaining unity amongst their elected members at both Scottish and UK level but I'd be pretty worried if they were all mind clones when it comes to political issues.

The fact is amongst any group of politically active people, whether they hold elected office or not, there will be differences of opinions on a whole raft of policies. If I were to do a bit of digging on this guy or any other politician I'd like to think I could build up some picture of where they stand politically. I just found it a bit strange that his website was so nondescript.

He's pretty active on twitter. You could follow him on there.

Wiki tells me I'm wrong but I'm positive he had some involvement with Dundee Labour. Maybe Granny can confirm my error.

Stood as a Liberal 4 times - 1974 & 1979 in Dundee East; 1983 in Ayr and 1987 in Surrey North West. Then stood as a Lib Dem in 1992, 1997 and 2001. Stood for the SNP in 2010 in Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock.

Lost every one of these votes before standing for the Scottish Parliament in Ayr in 2011 - and losing again only to make it via the South of Scotland list.

Can't say he hasn't persevered!!

Wiki tells me I'm wrong but I'm positive he had some involvement with Dundee Labour. Maybe Granny can confirm my error.

Doesn't ring any bells with me. Mind you my memory is not what it used to be!

I thought Chico was loved in Dundee by everybody, and the people of South Ayrshire were so lucky to get to share in the Joy that is Chic.

If he told you that he's a fucking liar. The people of Dundee don't do love; particularly for Liberals.

I thought Chico was loved in Dundee by everybody, and the people of South Ayrshire were so lucky to get to share in the Joy that is Chic.

If he told you that he's a fucking liar. The people of Dundee don't do love; particularly for Liberals.

I think Tam's post is bathed in more than a touch of bitterness.

Archived