Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny how the only person to comment on this ignores the SNP bad stories,denial me thinks.

Racist tweets if he is guilty then he deserves everything he gets. Councillor definitely bad. Suspended from the party pending investigation. Correct course of action. SNP Good

Union rep. Probably a labour man. Who cares. It's the same tired old shit that every other labour gadgie comes out with

funny how the only person to comment on this ignores the SNP bad stories,denial me thinks.

The SNP Councillor (now ex Councillor) got what he deserved. I found this bit particularly grating; The suspended SNP member, who represents Maryfield and is the city’s environment convener, said in a statement that “pressures” of the “deeply distressing” claims made against him had forced him to resign.

I don't think he has denied sending the texts yet spouts that pish rather than apologising.

As for the other story, I have a fair bit of sympathy for Richard Whyte's comments.

The SNP Councillor (now ex Councillor) got what he deserved. I found this bit particularly grating; The suspended SNP member, who represents Maryfield and is the city’s environment convener, said in a statement that “pressures” of the “deeply distressing” claims made against him had forced him to resign.

I don't think he has denied sending the texts yet spouts that pish rather than apologising.

As for the other story, I have a fair bit of sympathy for Richard Whyte's comments.

Whats the story with his Cllrs pension having resigned. I would be tempted not to accept and see it through to a disciplinary. I wonder if that is why he is not admitting any wrongdoing yet.

Whats the story with his Cllrs pension having resigned. I would be tempted not to accept and see it through to a disciplinary. I wonder if that is why he is not admitting any wrongdoing yet.

As for the other story should SNP and Yes voting council areas get preferential treatment from the Scottish Govt?

Councillors get pensions? Changed days.

No I wasn't suggesting YES areas should get better treatment, that's not how I interpreted Richard Whyte's comments. But we are sticking our heads in the sand if we don't accept that there are real and serious budget cuts hitting Local Authorities. The freezing of the Council Tax for the last five years has contributed to this and the refusal of the Scottish Government to increase income tax could also mitigate the worst effects.

Is most of the problems down to a UK Tory government? Undoubtedly. Do the Scottish Government have any powers that they could have and can use to mitigate the worst effects that they have not and are not using. Yes.

Well one of the things they have done to support local authorities is invested £250 million through the backdoor from NHS into local authorities through health and social care integration. Something you rarely see reported when the £350 million of cuts are mentioned.

Anyway, im up for a discussion on local taxation and income tax. I just think we should make it absolutely clear to people why their pay is going down.

Well one of the things they have done to support local authorities is invested £250 million through the backdoor from NHS into local authorities through health and social care integration. Something you rarely see reported when the £350 million of cuts are mentioned.

Cuts to services will always get all the headlines,because thats what will effect peoples jobs and the services that they use.

As a social care worker with dundee city council i see first hand how the cuts are going effect me and my colleagues.

Is all fine and well spending £250m on the health and social care integration but can dundee city council with the huge cuts and uncertanty they are facing even meet the criteria.

Cuts to services will always get all the headlines,because thats what will effect peoples jobs and the services that they use.

As a social care worker with dundee city council i see first hand how the cuts are going effect me and my colleagues.

Is all fine and well spending £250m on the health and social care integration but can dundee city council with the huge cuts and uncertanty they are facing even meet the criteria.

I'm not at all sure what you are even asking.

Also, please take this as friendly advice, I'm not a grass, but if youb really are a DCC employee I would brush up on the social media policy if I were you.

Who knows ? The broad shoulders will be along any minute now to splash the cash.

ame="kevthedee" post="10167935" timestamp="1454744796"]

I'm not at all sure what you are even asking.

Also, please take this as friendly advice, I'm not a grass, but if youb really are a DCC employee I would brush up on the social media policy if I were you.

We all got an updated policy a few weeks back on our conduct through social media,standard stuff really.

Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale has called on trade unionists to "unite against SNP" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35323736
Labour’s biggest donor by far is Unite, which has provided 20 per cent, or £11.9m, of party donations since the election.
Richard Whyte, regional officer for the Unite trade union, said SNP councillors are putting their party before their city.

Archived