Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nationalism and racism a heady mix indeed.

And more Nat whataboutery! You'll probably now understand the Old Firm analogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

:lol:

What a couple of absolute desperadoes.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1455138825.160213.jpg

No doubt the fault of someone else! I await all the SNP whataboutery!

They are just Celtic/Rangers with a Jimmy Wig.

If there's any truth to that then she should...and will be unceremoniously booted out of the party.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1455138825.160213.jpg

No doubt the fault of someone else! I await all the SNP whataboutery!

They are just Celtic/Rangers with a Jimmy Wig.

There's a lot more to this whole story - indeed as a tale of intrigue & shitgibbonry it's almost House Of Cards meets Are You Right There, Father Ted?

It appears there's a host of factors at play:

1. one Parliamentary candidate (a millionaire businessman) who won the nomination fair & square, only to be vetoed by Charlotte Square because reading between the lines they felt Coatbridge wouldn't vote for anyone non-white. The majority of local branch members were not happy (remember, this was before the polls started predicting the SNP landslide - so picking the best candidate was seen as even more vital in this most diehard of Labour heartlands).

2. the replacement candidate (& now MP) greasing the palms of Mcanumptie (who came a distant third in the Westminster selection contest) with a constituency office job to get her & her supporters onside (even though she gets a salary as a full-time councillor anyway) to offset his unpopularity, whilst marginalising the winning candidates supporters instead of trying to get them all working together.

3. Mcanumptie not being too popular with the local old guard because she stood against the SNP locally several times in recent years (accusations of vote splitting, etc) & they now see a former political enemy being fast tracked ahead of long time loyal members during the lean years just at the moment the decades of hard work are finally bearing fruit.

All these factors crop up with other parties in other places - but seldom all of these at once. This is what made the situation out there a timebomb waiting to go off - & what could very well happen elsewhere for the SNP - members feeling their party is being stolen from them at the moment they're finally on top, with the acquiescence of an increasingly autocratic HQ.

Hopefully the SNP will learn lessons from the mess out there in the way Labour never learned with Monklands, but right now they should be thankful everyone's so pissed off with Labour that it's not going to lose them the Holyrood election - it's the council elections after that they need to start worrying about if this sort of idiocy becomes an all too regular occurance.

Spot on. Of the 'old guard' in my branch, you would be lucky if 5 are still active. Sidelined then told we are no longer required and if yer face doesn't fit, you can bolt basically sums it up.

20 years in the party, I've been campaigning since before a lot of the newbies were even born. I was told by someone last time out that I was 'clueless', this was from someone who had delivered half a dozen leaflets and manned a stall during the referendum. There's shit loads more but I will refrain from saying anymore.

It's not an isolated case, far from it. The SNP appear to have taken on board a lot of roasters and it might be a while before they are whittled out, saying that, I was speaking to a mate in the SSP and they have the same problem and I suspect the Greens will have as well.

The 'McGlashan' wing was purged back in the 80's, so the party will do it again without difficulty imo.

Archived