Dundee v Dundee United (Non Deluded Dee's Return)

This is our last chance of salvation, with Dundee, Airdrie, Killie, Partick and Hamilton being five of our next six (Celtic at home the other) it is the last throw of the dice to get a run going, we need a minimum of 10 points from the 5 league games.

Looks very unlikely we can double our 6 month total in 6 weeks but we were in a similar position to where we were 10 years ago and where Ross Co were this time last year.

Going to have a decent amount on Dundee-2 @ 7/1, just in case.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the Hamilton game (which is looking more like the blip), Dundee have been terrible of late and a win is not guaranteed.

The Celtic postponement definitely helps Dundee out a bit and hopefully means that Thompson is fit. Greg Stewart missing out is a blow but with Harkins, Hemmings and Loy, we should still have a bit about us.

One positive is that United's mentality seems fragile. They don't look like winning once they go behind and don't look like holding onto a lead. Hit them from the off and score early and I think Dundee will win it.

It took until late February for Ross County to come good last year so I don't think it's fair to bill this as United's last chance quite yet. Mixu has come in and taken over a pretty wrecked team and had limited options in what he's been able to bring in and it might be that when guys like the 'keeper, Demel and Pongolle get used to the environment, the points pick up rapidly. I wouldn't bet against it anyway.

It took until late February for Ross County to come good last year so I don't think it's fair to bill this as United's last chance quite yet. Mixu has come in and taken over a pretty wrecked team and had limited options in what he's been able to bring in and it might be that when guys like the 'keeper, Demel and Pongolle get used to the environment, the points pick up rapidly. I wouldn't bet against it anyway.

I would sort of agree with this.

However, this time last season, Ross County were only a point off 11th and seven points off 10th.

United are ten points off 11th and twelve points off 10th.

It'll be difficult enough to catch 11th, let alone 10th.

They are certainly not out of it yet though. If United can string together a good run, it can all change.

Difference for County though was the fact that Motherwell and St Mirren were getting horsed every week too. The most they were adrift at any point was 6 points IIRC. They were level on points with St Mirren at this stage last season too.

It was a United fan who text me saying he pulled a hamstring last night.

I can see him being taken off if he's felt something strain. There's no danger you take your best goal threat off at 3-2 with 10 men and hope to get something from the remaining 45 minutes 'tactically'.

Whether he recovers in time is inconsequential, forever in McPakes pocket.

I can see him being taken off if he's felt something strain. There's no danger you take your best goal threat off at 3-2 with 10 men and hope to get something from the remaining 45 minutes 'tactically'.

Whether he recovers in time is inconsequential, forever in McPakes pocket.

I've just had the same discussion with a DAB. What is tactical about taking your only striker off when a goal behind? Was his intention to sit in and hang on to the 3-2 loss?

You need to think he's felt a tightening or a wee twinge and its precautionary - games coming thick and fast so no surprise if that's the case.

Morris out for 6 weeks - officially worse than KT for the treatment table.

Hearing draining system is fucked and take a few days for pitch to dry out? Any truth in this??

I seen a poster from here saying on another forum that he's heard it's totally collapsed and we have to wait until the summer to tear the pitch up and sort it.

I'm calling bullshit.

Archived