Dundee v Dundee United (Non Deluded Dee's Return)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With international clearance now received, Dundee United Head Coach Mixu Paatelainen today confirmed that Japan internationalist Eiji Kawashima...

It's all coming up Millhouse.

The Dens Park surface has always been vastly superior to ours. It used to be one of the few things I was slightly envious of but now I can add league position to that list (alongside this newly found right to gloat).

What I want from the game on Saturday is a decent game, a good performance and to avoid defeat. Please can we start 2016 in a decent manner? Is that too much to ask?

Interesting team selection coming up for this one.

With Morris and Durnan out, that means either Souttar, Donaldson or McGowan coming into CB if Mixu wants to keep 3 at the back.

Kawashima should start even if he has literally just got a taxi from the airport.

Pongolle will probably be back, but on the bench.

I'll guess....

McKay

Erskine Fraser Spittal

Rankin Demel

Dixon Gunning Dillon McGowan

Kawashima

subs: Szromnik, Donaldson, Spark, Souttar, Telfer, Bodul, Pongolle.

With Morris and Durnan out, that means either Souttar, Donaldson or McGowan coming into CB if Mixu wants to keep 3 at the back.

Kawashima should start even if he has literally just got a taxi from the airport.

I'll guess....

McKay

Erskine Fraser Spittal

Rankin Demel

Kawashima

I would be happy with that side but I think he will stick with his 'tried and tested' formation so we will probably see Souttar back in (maybe instead of Spittal or Fraser in that team you have posted).

I'll guess....

McKay

Erskine Fraser Spittal

Rankin Demel

Kawashima

That should definitely be the starting line up. Only down side is nothing on the bench (assuming Pongolle is out) and Erskine and Demel will be knackered after 70 minutes.

Mixu must be absolutely desperate to use a different goalkeeper. I've been surprised that Zwick hasn't been used at all recently, given that Szromnik has been howling and Zwick looked okay at the start of the season (plus looked much more confident with the ball at his feet).

I would sort of agree with this.

However, this time last season, Ross County were only a point off 11th and seven points off 10th.

United are ten points off 11th and twelve points off 10th.

It'll be difficult enough to catch 11th, let alone 10th.

They are certainly not out of it yet though. If United can string together a good run, it can all change.

The thing that Ross County had that United don't, is that no team in the league this season look likely to be as shite as St Mirren or Motherwell were last season.

It's much easier to catch up when there's two other teams in absolute freefall.

FWIW - I still haven't got over get beat at home by that St Mirren team last year. An absolutely gutless, embarrassing display.

Add to the fact they were absolutely shite and just punting it like some 12 year old FIFA player only doubled the rage.

Mallan's goal was decent though.

Archived