Dundee v Dundee United (Non Deluded Dee's Return)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know United are shite. Like, really shite. But am I the only one who thinks we'll get beat?

Surely every Dundee fan goes into each derby thinking we'll get beat?! I always do. That's what makes the wins so special though!

I'd take a draw now.

We win and I'd reckon United are doomed. There's no way the footballing gods would allow that. Would they??

Surely every Dundee fan goes into each derby thinking we'll get beat?! I always do. That's what makes the wins so special though!

Haha aye, I guess so. Pessimism ahead of these ties is ingrained in my brain.

We win and I'd reckon United are doomed. There's no way the footballing gods would allow that. Would they??

Stranger things have happened...

If we win this, then surely there has to start being questions about what the hell Mixu is doing. He's making a horrendous attempt at turning United round, he's signing complete duds (In terms of being injury prone/red tape) and he's not inspiring confidence in the team either. Genuinely believe McNamara would probably still have United rooted at the bottom, but with a couple of extra points in the bargain.

The signing of the Japanese keeper has been ludicrous. Granted, not totally United's fault but there's plenty of other options around - we managed to bring in Steve Simonsen when we were in dire straits for a keeper a few year back - there's plenty out there and United's goalkeeping spot has arguably been their weakest position and been costing them goals for months, a change should have been made.

Despite having about 50 players on the books, he brings Bodul back onto the bench last night after telling him to find a new club - great way to get him playing for the shirt.

Sinama-Pongolle and Guy Demel will be earning substantial amounts you'd imagine and neither able to complete a full match and Demel regularly actively asking to be substituted.

This is a situation Dundee of old would find themselves in.

Dees should be betting on a home win. This is the worst United team in 10 years easy. Your mob turned Hamilton over easily enough, we managed f**k all against them. Lady Luck is seriously in the huff with United so I can't see past a safe win for the dee.

Be too early for the samurai to play and if McKay is out, what have we got left?

Not being defeatist, just realistic. The table doesn't lie.

Guest DAVIDB69

Paatallainens managerial record was patchy at best and realistically was way down the pecking order.

If we don't improve soon he will be gone by February

If we win this, then surely there has to start being questions about what the hell Mixu is doing. He's making a horrendous attempt at turning United round, he's signing complete duds (In terms of being injury prone/red tape) and he's not inspiring confidence in the team either. Genuinely believe McNamara would probably still have United rooted at the bottom, but with a couple of extra points in the bargain.

The signing of the Japanese keeper has been ludicrous. Granted, not totally United's fault but there's plenty of other options around - we managed to bring in Steve Simonsen when we were in dire straits for a keeper a few year back - there's plenty out there and United's goalkeeping spot has arguably been their weakest position and been costing them goals for months, a change should have been made.

Despite having about 50 players on the books, he brings Bodul back onto the bench last night after telling him to find a new club - great way to get him playing for the shirt.

Sinama-Pongolle and Guy Demel will be earning substantial amounts you'd imagine and neither able to complete a full match and Demel regularly actively asking to be substituted.

This is a situation Dundee of old would find themselves in.

The pedigree that kawa has looks very atractive on paper and would have started to solve a lot of problems had he been in weeks ago. Did no one ask how long it would take to get the guy cleared and up and running?. . Of course they may have thought that the changes made alleady would have had an effect, which isn't unreasonable. It's just that they haven't !

Kawa could be too little to late and as GD said on the untied thread, it may be we now accept what is coming and start to plan to rebuild for next season in the wasteland.

Reverend Maynard, on 31 Dec 2015 - 01:17, said:

The pedigree that kawa has looks very atractive on paper and would have started to solve a lot of problems had he been in weeks ago. Did no one ask how long it would take to get the guy cleared and up and running?. . Of course they may have thought that the changes made alleady would have had an effect, which isn't unreasonable. It's just that they haven't !

Kawa could be too little to late and as GD said on the untied thread, it may be we now accept what is coming and start to plan to rebuild for next season in the wasteland.

So did Kelvin Jack on paper. Plying his trade for Trinidad who were performing admirably and looking like they might just make it to the WC, keeping Shaka Hislop out of the side (Who was West Ham's number one at the time) with 33 international caps and leaving Trinidad to sign with a British club with aims of going to the EPL.

Look how that turned out.

Thinking of even just a few ex-United keepers - Nicky Weaver was available on a free, surely that'd have been a more sensible choice for example? Kawa may turn out to be excellent, but I think the smart thing to do would have been to turn attention elsewhere when it turned out that it was going to drag on and on.

Archived