The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

I was heading to the doctors and saw an old friend coming out looking very down.

"Whats wrong? Is everything ok?" I asked.

"The Doctor has told me that I have 'The big C'" He replied.

"Cancer?!?!"

Spoiler

"No, Dyslexia"

On 13 June 2017 at 17:21, deej said:

What do you call a deer with no eyes, no legs and a big cut right up it's belly ?

Still bloody no idea

What do you call a deer with no eyes, no legs and no genitalia?

Spoiler

Still no fuckin idea.

12 hours ago, GordonD said:

What's black and white and can go up and down but not left or right or turn round?

A nun in a lift with a spear through her neck.

What goes black and white, black and white, black and white?

A nun rolling down a hill.

On 14 June 2017 at 01:02, Eednud said:

Two drovers standing in an outback pub. One asked, "What are you up to?" "Ah. I'm takin' a mob of 6,000 from Goondiwindi to Gympie." "Oh yeah . . and what route are you takin'?" "Ah, prob'ly the Missus; after all, she stuck by me durin' the drought."

Soz, Eednud. You'll have to explain this one to this ignoramus! I've read it over and over, even tried an Aussie accent. I guess it's a play on the word route?

7 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Soz, Eednud. You'll have to explain this one to this ignoramus! I've read it over and over, even tried an Aussie accent. I guess it's a play on the word route?

Root: sexual intercourse. This one can get really get foreigners in trouble. There are numerous stories about Americans coming to Australia telling people how they love to "root for their team." If you come to Australia, you would want to use the word "barrack" instead. On the same note, a "wombat" is someone who eats roots and leaves. - See more at: http://mentalfloss.com/article/61847/25-awesome-australian-slang-terms#sthash.JGOt5kgG.dpuf

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Root: sexual intercourse. This one can get really get foreigners in trouble. There are numerous stories about Americans coming to Australia telling people how they love to "root for their team." If you come to Australia, you would want to use the word "barrack" instead. On the same note, a "wombat" is someone who eats roots and leaves. - See more at: http://mentalfloss.com/article/61847/25-awesome-australian-slang-terms#sthash.JGOt5kgG.dpuf

To be pedantic the version I heard was about the habits of the Kiwi; it eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Edited by welshbairn

So.....

I was in hospital the other week,

Monday I got Haggis, neeps and tatties.

Tuesday, same again, haggis, neeps and tatties.

Wednesday and Thursday; Haggis, neeps and tatties.

I asked the nurse, 

"Why Haggis, neeps and tatties everyday?"

Spoiler

"This is the Burns unit sir"