Which is the most boring club to follow?

Following on from a boxing day chat at our house, we were trying to work out which is the most boring club in football to support.

In this case boring doesn't mean playing terrible football. Rangers fans had a great time on their run to the UEFA Cup final, despite playing some of the most soul sucking football imaginable. It also doesn't simply mean being rubbish. Being rubbish means relegation battles, and there's always the chance of a last minute moment of redemption. Then there are clubs Newcastle, Leeds, Rangers Mk II and QPR, who can provide moments of high entertainment when they're not even playing.

So, I put it to P&B, who are the most boring club in football? Who never get promoted and scrupulously avoid long cup runs? Who are financially sound while normally remaining tediously safe from relegation year after year?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
West Ham until this year played hoofball year after year, sacrificing cup runs in order to stay up
Relegation fights = entertainment.
Tottenham.
Terrible shout.
If the level of boring is reflected in their P&B fanbase, then Queen of the South are a good shout.
Instantly who I thought of. The epitome of beige to me, although they've had a cracking few years recently.

Albion Rovers & Stenhousemuir.

They've been up and down quite a bit to be fair.

I can't ever remember Montrose being out the 3rd since I started watching us, we've been in the 2nd to the 1st to the 2nd to the 3rd to the 2nd to the 3rd to the 2nd nearly to 1st again then to the 3rd and now trying to get back up.

In all that time I think Montrose have been stuck in the same league, obviously they've had the 1 relegation battle but it must be pretty boring supporting them.

Ipswich have been in the Championship since they got relegated in 2001. Only in the playoffs a couple of times and never reached the final. No relegatations battles (lowest position 15th out of 24)

Kilmarnock - Other than the short stint between Mixu taking over and Kenny Shiels ultimately winning the cup - They've been the most boring team on and off the field in Scotland for me.

Most Scottish Premiership clubs seem fairly boring to follow from the outside looking in. Kilmarnock for example just aiming to be there next year, and the year after and again.

Dundee not so much as they have had so much shambles it must have been interesting albeit in a different way.

Falkirk - there's one.

Na, we get a cup run every couple of years to keep things interesting. Plus we've got the 'thrill' of play-off matches (at least) returning this year to liven things up a bit.

Edit: Thinkng about it a little more, we're probably one of the most interesting clubs to follow, at least outside the top flight anyway.

They will still finish mid table. Like they always do

There's so many other sides you could say that about that haven't just been promoted from the league below 7 years ago though. Why pick on Stoke? If anything they've been really exciting to follow the last 10 year, they seem to have progressed year on year and became an established premier league club that the big clubs now fear going to, the Britannia is also the loudest stadium in the EPL and they have had so many upsets over the years during their rise.

There's so many other sides you could say that about that haven't just been promoted from the league below 7 years ago though. Why pick on Stoke? If anything they've been really exciting to follow the last 10 year, they seem to have progressed year on year and became an established premier league club that the big clubs now fear going to, the Britannia is also the loudest stadium in the EPL and they have had so many upsets over the years during their rise.

Yet you said Tottenham, traditionally a club that signs exciting players and has a reputation for playing good football.

Archived