Which is the most boring club to follow?

Stoke. They add zero

This is my shout. Before this season they seemed to do nothing but hang about mid table of the EPL and played the most boring football I have ever seen. OK they got to a cup final a few years back and lost 1-0 to Man City, but apart from they offered nothing. Decent team to watch this season mind you, which has come as a shock to me!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my shout. Before the season they seemed to do nothing but hang about mid table of the EPL and played the most boring football I have ever seen. OK they got to a cup final a few years back and lost 1-0 to Man City, but apart from they offered nothing. Decent team to watch this season mind you, which has come as a shock to me!!

They were in the 3rd tier 25 year ago, how can you possibly say they are a boring club for their fans to follow?!?!?

Eta: this isn't who you personally find boring!!

They've constantly got decent results against the supposed top sides and I'd imagine they're enjoying themselves in the top flight, especially given how safe they've been.

That's a poor shout.

Their fans would've absolutely loved watching their rise in recent seasons.

Their fans would've absolutely loved watching their rise in recent seasons.

I'd hate to have been a Stoke fan the past X amount of years.

Imagine being a top flight club and having to put up with Jon Walters continually getting a game.

One that sprung to mind for me was East Stirlingshire always seem to be towards the bottom of the 4th tier, more recently the play-offs have been added which could add some excitement. Other than that though no real big games to look forward to and probably will never get promoted and could never fight a relegation battle until recently.

One that sprung to mind for me was East Stirlingshire always seem to be towards the bottom of the 4th tier, more recently the play-offs have been added which could add some excitement. Other than that though no real big games to look forward to and probably will never get promoted and could never fight a relegation battle until recently.

Don't know how they fans manage to be honest, they're the real fans, the best fans in the world etc, a wee band of them that follow them all over the country knowing they're going to get pumped.

Although a lot of them seem to be absolutely off their tits which might help. Mad Bill back in the day was some sight, not seen him in a while though.

There chairman sold them to an icelandic lot then years later buys them back from someone else. They get promoted and stay middle of the league roughly ever since. He won't big money in. Don't need to as he has made his money, he won't plough money in when he dosnt need to. The fans are getting use to middle of the table.

They beat these big teams. Brilliant. Still middle

Can you please stop havering pish. At least I immediately retracted my terrible shout you just keep coming away with posts like these. It's not who you find boring, it's if the supporters of the club would find following them boring. There's no way Stoke fans find their current/recent years boring.

Give it a rest.

Don't know how they fans manage to be honest, they're the real fans, the best fans in the world etc, a wee band of them that follow them all over the country knowing they're going to get pumped.

Although a lot of them seem to be absolutely off their tits which might help. Mad Bill back in the day was some sight, not seen him in a while though.

To be fair, that game when they won against Elgin or Montrose (not sure which) to avoid getting kicked out the league would have been absolute scenes.

Spurs shout lol

Stoke will always be a middle team now.

Stoke v Norwich on TV. Can see me tuning in to it and watch it right enough. Sounds well exciting.

See my opinion someone agrees. Your spurs shout ( a team playing in Europe you may have missed that ) everyone has laughed at.

Good shout

Again it's not about whether you're interested in watching them or not!!! Fucking hell.

Can you please stop havering pish.

Away and complete a computer game ya clown.

Nae c***s interested in them bar you and some other c**t who thinks there playing better. f**k even Dundee United fans think there playing well and there on 10 points still. Mentalists.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about Stoke either ffs. Do you seriously still not understand this?

I'm out GMan.

Think Aston Villa deserve a mention. Got an owner who has no interest whatsoever, place is like a manager merry-go-round, play Alan Hutton every week who is worst full back i've ever seen and they're just happy surviving every season in premiership and dont even get a decent cup run either

Think Aston Villa deserve a mention. Got an owner who has no interest whatsoever, place is like a manager merry-go-round, play Alan Hutton every week who is worst full back i've ever seen and they're just happy surviving every season in premiership and dont even get a decent cup run either

Apart from the two cup finals in the past six years, I presume you mean.

I think stadium is a big factor as well, at least with Newcastle you're minutes walk from the town centre pubs and it's a decent experience, other than the match usually. Watching someone like Derby, Boro or Scunthorpe at a relatively new ground where the nearest things to the ground are a roundabout, drive through KFC and dm franky and bennys, would also make going to the match a dreary experience despite the glamour of the undoubted aforementioned trio.

Are you talking about Derby, Boro or Scunthorpe, or the roundabout, KFC and franky and bennys when you mention "glamour"?

Archived