Which is the most boring club to follow?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about Derby, Boro or Scunthorpe, or the roundabout, KFC and franky and bennys when you mention "glamour"?

Bit of a composite. I recall franky and bennys at Scunthorpe. Derby being next to a retail park. As pointed out previously boro might be nearer pubs although as am away fan I wouldn't have been welcome in them. They were just three at random that sticked in my mind, sure there's loads more. That said Ewood park is an older ground and Blackburn is a very dismal place around there.

Bit of a composite. I recall franky and bennys at Scunthorpe. Derby being next to a retail park. As pointed out previously boro might be nearer pubs although as am away fan I wouldn't have been welcome in them. They were just three at random that sticked in my mind, sure there's loads more. That said Ewood park is an older ground and Blackburn is a very dismal place around there.

If going to Boro head to Doc Browns, there always seems to be a lot of away fans in there whenever I go past.

If going to Boro head to Doc Browns, there always seems to be a lot of away fans in there whenever I go past.

Think visitors from Tyneside may be less welcome. Used to just get train to Hartlepool drink there and get taxi to ground. Could well be swapping leagues next year.

Kilmarnock always strike me as a boring side to support. A large stadium that always seems a bit soulless doesn't help, but they never seem to be involved in the race for European spots, and usually don't seem to get into proper relegation dogfights.

They've won a Cup and gone to the last game regarding relegation a couple of times in just the last few years.

Newcastle takes a bit of beating. An easy walk from Newcastle Central and loads of good pubs.

I lived in St James's Street in Newcastle in 1990/91- true story.

Is it the most centrally located ground in the whole of the UK?

I certainly can't think of many grounds closer to the centre, at least in terms of major cities.

Is it the most centrally located ground in the whole of the UK?

I certainly can't think of many grounds closer to the centre, at least in terms of major cities.

Exeter City is the best I can come up with. A lot of grounds were built on the edge of towns and cities in Victorian times on parcels of land railway companies had bought to build lines but didn't need once they were built.

They've won a Cup and gone to the last game regarding relegation a couple of times in just the last few years.

Also had various off-field wrangles, and a borderline lunatic of a manager who made sure we were never boring.

Oldham Athletic seemed to have been in the 3rd tier of English football for about 20 odd years. Also can't remember them doing anything of note in the cups.

I think Oldham are a good one. Relegated to League 1 in 1997, and have been there ever since. They've made only the play-offs twice in that time, and had very few real relegation battles.

Saying that, they have knocked both Liverpool clubs out of the FA Cup in recent times (including a Gary McDonald screamer at Goodison Park :o )

I suppose Fort William are probably the ultimate, although you are guaranteed goals I suppose.

I think Oldham are a good one. Relegated to League 1 in 1997, and have been there ever since. They've made only the play-offs twice in that time, and had very few real relegation battles.

All the more incredible then that a side which has spent the vast bulk of the Premier League era in the 3rd tier was one of the founders of that racket.

Archived