Which is the most boring club to follow?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of Scottish football it has to be Celtic. Maybe they get a little bit of variety when playing in Europe (and getting pumped) but in domestic competition nothing comes close to what I imagine how boring it must be to follow Celtic.

They've been up and down quite a bit to be fair.

I can't ever remember Montrose being out the 3rd since I started watching us, we've been in the 2nd to the 1st to the 2nd to the 3rd to the 2nd to the 3rd to the 2nd nearly to 1st again then to the 3rd and now trying to get back up.

In all that time I think Montrose have been stuck in the same league, obviously they've had the 1 relegation battle but it must be pretty boring supporting them.

You're not wrong. We were promoted in 1995, relegated in 1996 and have been stuck in the basement ever since. We've only been in the playoffs once and that was the year both Arbroath and Stranraer were promoted alongside champions East Fife due to Gretna going bust. Decent cup runs have been few and far between. The only one I can think of was in 09/10 when we faced Hibs in the 5th round. There's been far too many defeats to non-league sides and uninspiring trips to Clyde.

Yip, it's fair the say that the last 20 years have been utter pish and it's no real wonder that the club has pretty much lost the support of the town. The 20 years before that were pretty good though, with a few promotions, relegations and cup heroics. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if we never see that again...

"Who is the most boring club in football to support"

"Tottenham"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet you said Tottenham, traditionally a club that signs exciting players and has a reputation for playing good football.

I took it back straight away. State Marshmallo is getting himself into. Ffs.

Still finishing mid table? 2008 since being promoted they finished 12th. Lowest has been 14th and highest 9th within that time. Like I said. It's boring.

I'm sure Stoke supporters will most definitely think otherwise, the last 10 years have been superb for them.

it was a c**t of a shout tbf, CL football, EL football fwiw, chase for 4th, young exciting manager, loads of big money signings all within the last decade

aye f**k that, they are boring as f**k :P

It was, but I changed it straight away tbf, frustrating is a better word for it. They always seem to look so promising before falling away into a Europa League spot, can't remember them winning much if anything in the time I've been watching football.

Mid table team. The chairman and everyone knows that's them reached there peak. Like I said that's been them for 8 years. Just a team nobody gives a toss about. They make up the numbers of the league

Again you could say the same with so many other sides. I don't know how you could call them boring, an awful shout, not as awful as Tottenham to be fair but still absolutely terrible.

To clarify we are on about how boring it is for the clubs fans aren't we...?

It was, but I changed it straight away tbf, frustrating is a better word for it. They always seem to look so promising before falling away into a Europa League spot, can't remember them winning much if anything in the time I've been watching football.

their spending power just isnt whats required to win the league, and unless they actually focus on a cup they wont win that either

they could potentially win the EL, thats probably their best bet which is quite a damning statement of english football and their attitudes within it

Would agree with the fella that said Celtic.

A relatively big club in the grand scheme of things, with a budget millions of times bigger than anyone else in the same country. If they don't win the treble it's a failure, and they never do. Even winning the league has no excitement because beating teams like Aberdeen and Hearts with f**k all budget means little. The only big occasions for Celtic are European games and even then they're getting pumped out by Molde or whatever their name was. Not much to get properly excited about if you're a Celtic supporter, it seems pretty dull.

I think Rochdale and Montrose are the clear leaders here.

To clarify, this is about how boring it would be to support them, not whether you think a club are boring. Stoke clearly don't count, they've been in a Cup Final, played in Europe and have one of the most exciting attacks in the country. All of which would have been unimaginable 10 years ago.

Motherwell?

Usually nowhere near the relegation battle or the European spots

:lol: In the last five years we've finished 6th-3rd-2nd-2nd-11th. The Year we were 6th we reached the Scottish Cup final and the League Cup semis. We've qualified for Europe 6 times in the last 8 years.

Raith

Won the Challenge cup, made the Scottish cup semis and had a promotion battle with Dunfermline that went down to the wire all in recent years.

Also Scottish cup wins at Pittodrie, Ibrox and to a lesser extent Easter Road in recent years too.

:lol: In the last five years we've finished 6th-3rd-2nd-2nd-11th. The Year we were 6th we reached the Scottish Cup final and the League Cup semis. We've qualified for Europe 6 times in the last 8 years.

Was it yourselves the league kept to stop Falkirk getting up?

Kilmarnock always strike me as a boring side to support. A large stadium that always seems a bit soulless doesn't help, but they never seem to be involved in the race for European spots, and usually don't seem to get into proper relegation dogfights.

Archived