Falkirk vs Hibernian - 17/01/16

Thought the same, McGinn made no attempt to go with the ball, just stood waiting for the challenge to come in.

Well aye but the Falkirk player slid in, made contact and was nowhere near the ball so it's a penalty but these things do even themselves out though!

Cracking goal from Alston, great composure.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time under Stubbs reign where I'm starting to have doubts. His decision making whether it be starting Fyvie or the length of time he takes to make a sub costs us at times. We seem to be playing woefully in the first half and stepping it up a gear in the second which is no good to us if we want to win the league. The lack of tempo we play with at times is shocking and I don't see how stokes will change that when it's the service to them that's the problem. I seen a post on Facebook saying we missed Scott Allan today and I find it hard to disagree when we are struggling to find the through ball for Cummings or Dom to get on the end of. McGinn is a battler in the middle and gives us a bit steal and heart. Henderson is a very good player on his day but is more of a box to box player than a creative one. McGeouch is a very good reader of the game and an intelligent player but isn't a creator either. We need another Scott Allan kind of midfielder to split open defences instead of launching long balls up for Cummings to chase or Malonga to hold up.

First time under Stubbs reign where I'm starting to have doubts. His decision making whether it be starting Fyvie or the length of time he takes to make a sub costs us at times. We seem to be playing woefully in the first half and stepping it up a gear in the second which is no good to us if we want to win the league. The lack of tempo we play with at times is shocking and I don't see how stokes will change that when it's the service to them that's the problem. I seen a post on Facebook saying we missed Scott Allan today and I find it hard to disagree when we are struggling to find the through ball for Cummings or Dom to get on the end of. McGinn is a battler in the middle and gives us a bit steal and heart. Henderson is a very good player on his day but is more of a box to box player than a creative one. McGeouch is a very good reader of the game and an intelligent player but isn't a creator either. We need another Scott Allan kind of midfielder to split open defences instead of launching long balls up for Cummings to chase or Malonga to hold up.

Are you sure you're a Hibs fan with that sort of grown up thinking on the game, rather than the usual trolling shite we get from the others?

Falkirk could have walked through Hibs' defence in the first half and should have done.

As soon as they stopped restricting themselves to long balls and shots from outside the box, they scored.

It was a well-worked goal of simple touches, though Hanlon & Fontaine acted as though they were chasing a team of Pelé's shadows.

McGregor was our greatest goal threat, looking more comfortable around Falkirk's box than any of our strikers.

Stevenson was Stevenson and Stevenson Stevenson. He simply needs pitches to curve off to the left and he will be Ballon D'Or bound.

Fyvie, McGeouch and McGinn were largely kept quiet and I don't think Stubbs has even figured out our best combination or setup.

Keatings should have called in sick with a chronic case of sledgehammer feet.

Cummings appeared to have a typical game where he scores yet misses twice as many sitters.

Malonga was largely pushed away from Falkirk's defence who were solid and comfortable throughout the game.

Perhaps McGinn being denied a penalty makes up for a questionable decision earlier in the season; it was still an awful decision.

Leahy's slide was similar to Fontaine's due to the playing surface; I think the pitch almost condemned Falkirk to an undeserved defeat.

The surface looked very difficult and potentially dangerous to play on due to the weather conditions.

I think Falkirk played better overall by some distance, although we should have won the game.

At this moment in time, I believe Falkirk would beat us in a playoff tie though neither side has shown enough to challenge Rangers.

Though I'm not particularly happy about bringing in Stokes & Thomson, I think the club have identified two people capable of fixing our greatest problem.

We have struggled to break teams down and finish chances that are put on a plate for us throughout this season.

Stokes should put away what would be a myriad of misses without him.

Thomson will hopefully help our array of decent midfielders during games and in training.

Both could spectacularly combust and our season will go up in flames - and not in a good Danny 'Flames' Handling way either.

Have to agree. Stokes and Cummings upfront will score goals. Would even start Thomson and Bartley for minor games and give the likes of McGinn etc a rest.

About Stubbs. I'm backing him to get us up. I'll get slaughtered for saying this but Stubbs has to go if we don't go up.

Houstie really has to teach his boys how to hold onto a lead, that's twice they've blown it against us this season now. Failkirk indeed.

He shat the bed by taking Miller of for a midfielder, it should have been for another striker and kept us pushed back. Houstie should take the blame for his team not seeing out the game.

He shat the bed by taking Miller of for a midfielder, it should have been for another striker and kept us pushed back. Houstie should take the blame for his team not seeing out the game.

He did the same at ER. Took off a striker when they went 1-0 up. Shitebag.

Archived