Sons versus queens

optimistic

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Higgins injury hope it's not serious as a couldn't handle watching brownie every week poor reasult chaseing the game needing a goal yet leaves smith on the bench strange

How did he manage to cost us a goal by diving?If we lose today, our season isn't quite over but it'll have a Hell of a dent in it.

Chucked himself to the ground looking for a foul infront of Steven Saunders. No foul. Saunders plays a perfect through ball to Garry Fleming who scores.

Bit of a minter for him

Our cup showings this season have been very poor. A big disappointment it has to be said. Mind you, a win next week would go some way to lifting the cup gloom.

Good luck to Dumbarton though and I hope they get a decent and winnable draw in the next round.

The only teams we have beaten this season are Morton, Livingston, Dumbarton and Alloa. And we have lost to Morton, Livingston and Dumbarton in the cups. It is a pity there isn't another cup for Alloa to beat us in.

The only teams we have beaten this season are Morton, Livingston, Dumbarton and Alloa. And we have lost to Morton, Livingston and Dumbarton in the cups. It is a pity there isn't another cup for Alloa to beat us in.

That's really pretty grim.

Good performance from us today and in particular Gallagher and the Flembot. Match winning, captains performance from him and he looked like he was loving it. Future chairman material.

Queens weren't all that bad but we managed to nullify them for the most part.

Regarding Russell - I know it's been discussed to death and I know he loves playing the pantomime villian but that first half showing from him was an absolute embarassment to Queens. I think he's a great player, happy to admit that, but the diving theatrics are crigeworthy to watch at times. I'm glad he cut it out in the 2nd half, he restored at least a shred of credibility there but I was pretty surprised by how bad he tried to cheat in the 1st half. I would hate to see the likes of Fleming behave like that, the fact he doesn't actually need to do it makes it more frustrating. It was hugely pleasing to see him make a total arse of it for our first goal, justice if ever I've seen it. I'd like to see referees do more to cut that nonsense out.

Hopefully we can take this into next week. Well done Sons!

Pleasing! Beany is an embarrassment and it was so much more enjoyable that he threw himself to the ground in the lead up to our first goal. Queens were pretty disappointing and they had a fair bit of possession but I felt we were everything we haven't been today. We shut down, competed for every ball and played some nice football at times. Has to be a marker for our performances in the next few weeks though!

Ref was pretty poor as well. A few dreadful decisions. Saunders booked but then Russell wasn't... amongst others. Not that there were any big decisions to make but he, and the standside linesman, weren't very good.

Despite our Goalkeeper's attempts to throw Queen's a lifeline, we dug in and got the result. Great effort all round, Frazer Wright was brilliant again. Wins everything in the air.

Delighted Fleming bagged a brace, his finishing for the 1st goal was sublime.

What's Higgins injury hope it's not serious as a couldn't handle watching brownie every week poor reasult chaseing the game needing a goal yet leaves smith on the bench strange

Looked as though he landed awkwardly after an aerial challenge.

Russell is a cracking player, but the justice towards him after throwing himself to the ground, (not for the first time), was pleasing, and even after the goal, he rose above(Wright?), and instead of heading the ball, elbowed it goalwards, a few around me thought he was deliberately elbowing the Dumbarton player.

The stand side linesman was appalling, an offside in the first half when he couldn't keep up that he missed, an arm around a sons player in the box he refused to signal for, another sons player held down with no one obscuring his view, and I very much doubt that he gave the correct team the decision for a throwing in. The referee was not any better.

Very pleasing to see every player give their all and fight for the cause.

Stand outside for me were Fleming, routledge, Lindsay and Saunders, but my man if the match goes to Gallagher, covered every blade of grass, some excellent passing, and ripped the piss a few times.

Lyle was raging with Russell's antics in the lead up to the first goal. You could see him gesturing in a "what the feck was that all about" way. Very pleasing and justice done, especially as he was trying to get Saunders a second yellow card.

Excellent all round team performance, with special mention to Wright, Docherty, Lindsay, Gallacher and Fleming.

Russell is a cracking player, but the justice towards him after throwing himself to the ground, (not for the first time), was pleasing, and even after the goal, he rose above(Wright?), and instead of heading the ball, elbowed it goalwards, a few around me thought he was deliberately elbowing the Dumbarton player.

The stand side linesman was appalling, an offside in the first half when he couldn't keep up that he missed, an arm around a sons player in the box he refused to signal for, another sons player held down with no one obscuring his view, and I very much doubt that he gave the correct team the decision for a throwing in. The referee was not any better.

Very pleasing to see every player give their all and fight for the cause.

Stand outside for me were Fleming, routledge, Lindsay and Saunders, but my man if the match goes to Gallagher, covered every blade of grass, some excellent passing, and ripped the piss a few times.

Gallacher was outstanding today, we were talking about him before the game and hoping he could rediscover the form he showed at the start of the season. He did that today, hopefully we continue to play him centrally, where he is at his best.

Additionally I know he was hit and miss today but as moonster pointed out during the game, Kevin Cawley never hides. Always shows for the ball and tries to make things happen, was pleased for him to get the assist for Flemings second.

Thou shalt never doubt thy Grant Gallagher*. What an outstanding performance from him today, not a failure in the team, but he looked like a completely different player to the Grant Gallagher who had looked completely lost of the wing. Hopefully that wasn't Saunders last game for us either, comfortably his most impressive performance in a Sons shirt.

Now to do it all again next week - and hopefully come away with the same result. Looking forward to Sportscene tonight.

*When played centrally

Archived