Sons versus queens

optimistic

The challenge Saunders was booked for was as clear a foul as you'll ever see! He was incredibly late and went right through Russell. There was also howls of derision from the home fans when Russell was clearly pulled back, by Gallacher I think, just inside the Dumbarton half. Again, a clear foul.

The incident in the lead up to the goal was too far way to really see at the time. If he dived, fair enough, he deserves stick for it but, as I said, the reaction of the home fans toward him was laughable at times

No, he wasnt that bad, no worse than most games. As he often does, he goes down easily, particularly when he feels contact, sometimes when he doesnt. As I said, the tackle on him when Saunders was booked was a clear foul.

In terms of performance he was poor. As SD said, the final ball from him and Oliver, in particular, was poor.

have queens fans forgotten about the hack Russell had on Gallagher I think while driving goalwards, clearly brought down from the back, yet salmond forgot his card again

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have queens fans forgotten about the hack Russell had on Gallagher I think while driving goalwards, clearly brought down from the back, yet salmond forgot his card again

No not forgotten it. I thought he was lucky not to be booked there but the issue being discussed was his diving not his fouling.

Both Dumbarton goals were late Xmas presents from Queens.

They were, although you could argue that the first goal was down to a well timed run and good pass, rather than poor defending.

Given that the Queens goal was fumbled through his legs by Brown, though, Im not sure theres much cause for complaint

Oh Iain. That is utterly embarrassing, I mean I knew it was bad, but Jesus wept that's mortifying. Don't think Lyle or Dowie were too impressed with him either :lol:

Hopefully it gets laughed at/discussed on Sportscene tonight.

in my 40 odd years supporting qosfc i have never seen a worse team than the queens team today . no pride no passion no ideas . some of the players dont deserve to wear the queens shirt . i would give my all to play for queen of the south . simply not good enough . dumfries until i die

Russell was a very lucky boy to stay on the park in hindsight. Could easily have seen two yellows in that first half. He's an excellent footballer, but doesn't seem to have any desire to eliminate one particular aspect of his game. It would have been interesting to see him try some of his nonsense, in a bygone era, against say, John Cushley or Ronnie Curran.

I'd love us to have some sort of standing area behind either goal, even if the view wasn't great, purely for a bit of a change. Unfortunately, due to there only being one access road to the stadium, the council won't allow any stadium expansion.

It's ok, we don't have a big home support, that wouldn't be an issue! I'm pretty tall as well so I'll just block everyone else's view.

I suppose 'dive' and 'going down easily' are two different things, diving would suggest no contact whereas Beanie always seems to wait until there's the slightest contact before going down. He does go down easily, and did a few times around Saunders and Lindsay.

Without wanting to sound all Arsene Wenger here, what were the shouts at both Beanie and the ref like? I sit in line with the penalty box so I'm almost as far away as you get from the away end, but I didn't hear anything really out of the ordinary.

There's no difference between going down easily and diving. They both mean the player goes to ground when he doesn't need to

Yeah, as mentioned by a couple before, the reason he got it so bad was because he made out that he was so hurt from Saunders foul on him. I think he caught him slightly but he jumped about 4 feet in the air and let out a hell of a noise when there was no need. Then proceeded to ask the ref to book him (which he obliged). Then he dives like he did in the lead up to the goal, which is a bookable offence. The ref obviously decided it was a dive, therefore it is a booking. The last one was when he hacked down Gallacher when he had a decent run in towards goal which was also a booking in my opinion. Very lucky to stay on the park I think.

He had a fairly quiet second half so wouldn't be surprised if his team mates and management went through him at half time for his first half performance.

Disappointed that Sportscene didn't call out Ian Russell for that blatant attempt at cheating. I am not going to give him the benefit of describing it as diving, simulation, or going down easily; it was a deliberate attempt to con the referee - cheating. All clearly caught on camera. No contact at all but he goes down as though he has been booted on the shin.

I liked him as a player when he was with the Sons but that was beyond the pale.

He should hang his head in shame.

Good to see the Queens fans on here having no truck with his antics.

in my 40 odd years supporting qosfc i have never seen a worse team than the queens team today . no pride no passion no ideas . some of the players dont deserve to wear the queens shirt . i would give my all to play for queen of the south . simply not good enough . dumfries until i die

I'd hazard a guess that the Gus Mcpherson relegation team were worse

There's no difference between going down easily and diving. They both mean the player goes to ground when he doesn't need to

To be fair if there's a small amount of contact and the player goes down it's not as bad as going down without being touched as Russell did. A lot of players, including our own, will go down when they've had a wee touch. Very rarely does the player who has been fouled actually need to fall over.

I'm going to go against the grain here, I don't think we were all that good yesterday. Every win this season has been the result of our players battling for every ball, what exactly is the game plan? We don't use width, we don't keep the ball, we don't play through the middle and we don't play long ball. It seems to me that we throw 11 players on the park and hope they can fight their way to victory. I do enjoy watching us fight for every ball, but I'd like to see a bit more cohesion when we have the ball. We are far too wasteful, I think we were lucky that Russell and Oliver were having absolute stinkers, any time we gave Oliver a yard of space be put the ball into the Clyde. Delighted we got the win and there were a few notable performances from Sons in Wright, Gall and Fleming but I do feel we need to show more, hopefully a couple of new players in before next week will give us that.

Now! I know you are hurting and have probably consumed alcohol when you posted, but that is just not even close to being true.

My first game was January 65 . Many of the teams in the 80's and 90's especially were much worse than todays

Archived