Czech Republic v Scotland - 24/3/16

Lex

It must be demoralising (And I'm not just referring to Bain here) to bypass your free time during international break, do an intensive training camp, travel all the way to the Czech Republic and just sit on your arse for the whole duration of the actual thing you're there for.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLean wasn't great, and we've certainly got a lot better since he went off. A lot of that is to do with bringing Bannan on in MF. Not anything about him in particular but his style of play. Fletcher and Mulgrew was so pedestrian, but Bannan adds a bit of dynamism in order to win the ball and keep it in midfield.

It must be demoralising (And I'm not just referring to Bain here) to bypass your free time during international break, do an intensive training camp, travel all the way to the Czech Republic and just sit on your arse for the whole duration of the actual thing you're there for.

Aye getting called up for Scotland at 24 years old after you were part time 2 years ago, travelling in luxury and training with guys like Darren Fletcher etc must be really fucking demoralising like, where do I sign up??

Tony Watt coming on ffs - if I were Bain I'd be checking to see if I had an Irish Granny and telling Strachan to go do one.

:lol:

Jesus Christ.

Well it seems like he was told he was getting some time and now is getting f**k all - what's the point of being on the bench - to get splinters in his arse?

He's been training with the squad, Strachan would've seen him, would've done him wonders getting used to the set up etc. Happens to plenty of players, he'll be back and get his chance. Stop being a drama queen about it ffs.

1320Lichtie, on 24 Mar 2016 - 21:28, said:

Aye getting called up for Scotland at 24 years old after you were part time 2 years ago, travelling in luxury and training with guys like Darren Fletcher etc must be really fucking demoralising like, where do I sign up??

Did you see the point where I posted that I wasn't just referring to Bain you fucking closet DAB?

Thank you.

Guest DAVIDB69

He's been training with the squad, Strachan would've seen him, would've done him wonders getting used to the set up etc. Happens to plenty of players, he'll be back and get his chance. Stop being a drama queen about it ffs.

He won't be seen unless Gordon, Hutton or Marshall or injured

I can't help but think if we're playing 4-2-3-1, the 2 have to be able to contribute a lot more than say Brown or Fletcher. Since Bannan has come on he's looked a lot more mobile and able to find a pass, rather than the overly defensive style we're used to.

Being part of a Scotland squad - demoralising?

Mon tae f**k.

Did you see the point where I posted that I wasn't just referring to Bain you fucking closet DAB?

Thank you.

Point stands for everybody, you acting like they players will be sitting there gutted they're no getting on when they've been called up by their country is embarrassing, especially Bain who'll be pinching himself at just how far he's come the past few years. The game isn't the only thing that matters believe it or not.

1320Lichtie, on 24 Mar 2016 - 21:33, said:

Point stands for everybody, you acting like they players will be sitting there gutted they're no getting on when they've been called up by their country is embarrassing, especially Bain who'll be pinching himself at just how far he's come the past few years. The game isn't the only thing that matters believe it or not.

I like how you're now speaking on the behalf of Dundee players.

Exactly, the game isn't the only thing that matters which is why every player should have got a run out tonight which is what Strachan had originally implied.

I'm pretty sure most players that didn't get on tonight will be gutted not to get on - I think it's embarrassing to suggest they wouldn't be.

Archived