Czech Republic v Scotland - 24/3/16

Lex

Ludo doing his best Aberdeen fan impression.

Thanks your stars Barry Smiths retired and Speronis not Scottish

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RandomGuy., on 24 Mar 2016 - 22:12, said:

Thanks your stars Barry Smiths retired and Speronis not Scottish

To be fair, I was raging back in the day when the likes of Murty and Matteo were getting call ups.

To be fair, I was raging back in the day when the likes of Murty and Matteo were getting call ups.

I think we all were tbh

Guest DAVIDB69

Surely tonights result can only be positive despite it only being a friendly. Some would rather we got beat it seems so they can steam in with the negativity for the wc qualifiers. Let's just wait and see. Some good results and performances in last campaign and with luck who knows this time. Give it a chance ffs.

It's true and I am I admit pretty negative regarding Scotland but it's the so many failed false dawns and going places tales over the last 18 years

Which one? No having any joy so far

Sorry for late reply to you. The link was no use anyway as it had crashed two minutes after I posted that.

That top is fucking embarrassing

Agreed.  The sooner this fad for pink away kits dies, the better.

Also, is anyone greeting about Bain not getting a game a fan of any club other than Dundee?  Usual rule of thumb, if it's only fans of a player's own club who get upset about it, he probably isn't that good (cf. Shinnie). 

Agreed. The sooner this fad for pink away kits dies, the better.

Also, is anyone greeting about Bain not getting a game a fan of any club other than Dundee? Usual rule of thumb, if it's only fans of a player's own club who get upset about it, he probably isn't that good (cf. Shinnie).

You clearly have not seen Scott Bain play.

I just think it's disappointing he wasn't given game time when promised. Think it'll be some time till he gets a chance again.

I thought Martin and Berra both did fairly well too.

The clear partnership that Strachan (and probably most Scotland fans) would choose is Martin and Hanley but I think Berra has probably nailed the third choice centre half position just ahead of Greer. Not that Greer has done anything particularly wrong in his appearances for Scotland.

Being honest I wasn't impressed with the partnership or in particular Berra, they coped with anything in the air but there positioning and challenging was poor at times.

Just on the topic of keepers...I watched the U21 game tonight and we were genuinely diabolical and easily should have lost by 5 or 6. We would have had it not been for some heroics from Jack Hamilton in goal, he must have made 4 or 5 goal preventing saves (bit of a clanger for the second, mind) but he looked pretty decent. That is the only time I have seen him however and I guess there must be a reason why he doesn't play for Hearts. Onto the rest of the team, the defence was shocking, Love Souttar McGhee Kingsley, they were all over the fucking shop, miles apart and diving in left right and centre. I'm not entirely convinced we had a midfield that is how non-existent they were and I only realised Ryan Gauld was playing when he was booked for chopping Tolisso. Cummings was up front himself with no support, completely isolated. It was dire. I hope Sbragia fucks off soon, I really dislike him.

Also, Aymeric Laporte was stretchered off with a pretty bad looking ankle injury if anyone cares.

Just on the topic of keepers...I watched the U21 game tonight and we were genuinely diabolical and easily should have lost by 5 or 6. We would have had it not been for some heroics from Jack Hamilton in goal, he must have made 4 or 5 goal preventing saves (bit of a clanger for the second, mind) but he looked pretty decent. That is the only time I have seen him however and I guess there must be a reason why he doesn't play for Hearts. Onto the rest of the team, the defence was shocking, Love Souttar McGhee Kingsley, they were all over the fucking shop, miles apart and diving in left right and centre. I'm not entirely convinced we had a midfield that is how non-existent they were and I only realised Ryan Gauld was playing when he was booked for chopping Tolisso. Cummings was up front himself with no support, completely isolated. It was dire. I hope Sbragia fucks off soon, I really dislike him.

Also, Aymeric Laporte was stretchered off with a pretty bad looking ankle injury if anyone cares.

What was the final score?

You clearly have not seen Scott Bain play.

I just think it's disappointing he wasn't given game time when promised. Think it'll be some time till he gets a chance again.

He won't get a chance because he isn't good enough. Dundee fans need to stop greeting about it or you'll flood your pitch again.

Matty Phillips looked very decent when he came on. I'd be more than happy to have him, Snodgrass and Anya behind the striker for the qualifiers.

I think Scott Bain would of got game time tonight if we hadn't been battered like we did in the first half. Obviously I would of liked to see him play but it was the correct decision from Strachan. McGregor looked impressive as well.

Archived