Czech Republic v Scotland - 24/3/16

Lex

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall is out with pneumonia, so there is probably a decent chance Bain will be on the bench for the Denmark game.

Strachan made the right decision not to bring him on - the victory was more important given that morale probably isn't/wasn't great.  Realistically, Bain isn't going to be anywhere near starting a competitive game for Scotland for 3/4 years.  There are three goalkeepers ahead of him in the pecking order.  He'll have plenty more chances to make his debut.

Marshall is out with pneumonia, so there is probably a decent chance Bain will be on the bench for the Denmark game.

Strachan made the right decision not to bring him on - the victory was more important given that morale probably isn't/wasn't great. Realistically, Bain isn't going to be anywhere near starting a competitive game for Scotland for 3/4 years. There are three goalkeepers ahead of him in the pecking order. He'll have plenty more chances to make his debut.

Agree.

Agreed.  The sooner this fad for pink away kits dies, the better.

Also, is anyone greeting about Bain not getting a game a fan of any club other than Dundee?  Usual rule of thumb, if it's only fans of a player's own club who get upset about it, he probably isn't that good (cf. Shinnie).

Exactly. Why Cerny wasn't in goal for Czech Republic is a scandal.

Just on the topic of keepers...I watched the U21 game tonight and we were genuinely diabolical and easily should have lost by 5 or 6. We would have had it not been for some heroics from Jack Hamilton in goal, he must have made 4 or 5 goal preventing saves (bit of a clanger for the second, mind) but he looked pretty decent. That is the only time I have seen him however and I guess there must be a reason why he doesn't play for Hearts. Onto the rest of the team, the defence was shocking, Love Souttar McGhee Kingsley, they were all over the fucking shop, miles apart and diving in left right and centre. I'm not entirely convinced we had a midfield that is how non-existent they were and I only realised Ryan Gauld was playing when he was booked for chopping Tolisso. Cummings was up front himself with no support, completely isolated. It was dire. I hope Sbragia fucks off soon, I really dislike him.

Also, Aymeric Laporte was stretchered off with a pretty bad looking ankle injury if anyone cares.

Tbf France are in a different league compared to us. Look at the players they have at their disposal, Laporte, Haller, lemar, Rabiot, Cornet, Dembele and Gbamin.

Tbf France are in a different league compared to us. Look at the players they have at their disposal, Laporte, Haller, lemar, Rabiot, Cornet, Dembele and Gbamin.

This. Frances team is going to be fucking insane in four years

Also, is anyone greeting about Bain not getting a game a fan of any club other than Dundee?  Usual rule of thumb, if it's only fans of a player's own club who get upset about it, he probably isn't that good (cf. Shinnie). 

Not upset about him not playing but no denying he is a great keeper and great back up to have.

Strachan made the right decision not to bring him on - the victory was more important given that morale probably isn't/wasn't great. Realistically, Bain isn't going to be anywhere near starting a competitive game for Scotland for 3/4 years. There are three goalkeepers ahead of him in the pecking order. He'll have plenty more chances to make his debut.

Great post Craig, although you didn't take into consideration how demoralised he will now be.

Will he turn up on Tuesday to cover for Marshall? I'm not so sure.

You clearly have not seen Scott Bain play.

I just think it's disappointing he wasn't given game time when promised. Think it'll be some time till he gets a chance again.

I highly doubt he was 'promised' anything. And even if he was, it's no biggie. Scott will have learnt a lot from the last week.

It's great to see him on the verge of a cap, but he's one for the future really.

This. Frances team is going to be fucking insane in four years

I remember the Dutch kids giving us a proper doing in Paisley not so long ago. Some of the boys we were up against are going for £5M-£10M+ .

We are so far off the elite nations at under 21 level, and of course the main squad too.

Winning should not be the point of this game - it should've been an opportunity to give all of the players a run out and try a few things that you couldn't do in a competitive match. Cannot see if we've learned very much at all from tonight's match.

But you can guarantee if we had lost the match, guys like you and the strange David fella would be in here getting tore into Strachan for 'tumbling down the rankings' or such like.

It must be demoralising (And I'm not just referring to Bain here) to bypass your free time during international break, do an intensive training camp, travel all the way to the Czech Republic and just sit on your arse for the whole duration of the actual thing you're there for.

Well it seems like he was told he was getting some time and now is getting f**k all - what's the point of being on the bench - to get splinters in his arse?

Just. Get. A. Grip.

Greeting about getting called up for your national team? Fucking X-Box Generation.

Not particularly bothered by this game, but the following line on the BBC website caught my attention:

Alan Hutton. 50 caps. Fucking hell.

Yup. He's always heeded the call when needed by his national team.

And he is the best right-back on these isles as voted by esteemed fitba' magazine, L'Equipe. Some of you need to show a bit more reverence and gratitude.

Archived