El Bakhtaoui

Are you really that incapable of grasping the fact that it may be possible for a guy in his early 20s to develop massively as a player, especially for someone who never played 11 a-side football?

Faiss being ineffective in 2 games that were played 20 months ago has no bearing on his current ability.

I was laughing more at the statement that he only started playing up front this season but you bash on with your own agenda chap.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was laughing more at the statement that he only started playing up front this season but you bash on with your own agenda chap.

Fais was not a regular striker in the playoffs. If you can be bothered, check out the stats for that season.

Johnston and the coaching staff have developed him into a proper striker. Hence the contrast between the playoffs and Saturday.

It's nice to have players with potential, good luck to Fais and if he stays and gets top scorer, I will be supergrateful. (Nothing to do with my £15 bet on Fais at 12's to be top scorer, honest)

Actually bollocks.

His first start for us didn't come until a year and a half? After he'd actually signed, waaaay after the redundancy had taken place, this was after scoring fairly regularly in the U20's, he wasn't just chucked in like many were, was a reaaal gradual process.

The likes of Millen would never have got played, same can't be said for Faiss, he actually had genuine potential.

It was against Lochgelly Albert, we had another foreign trialist named Ivan D'angelo playing for us aswell. We couldn't figure out what Faiss was actually called though and we thought he was called Ivan.

He played really well, set up a goal for the real Ivan, was pretty exciting and he was all over the place skipping past players etc. Think he was just doing whatever he wanted and was given a free role rather than being tied down with a position.

:lol: Ivan?

Fais was not a regular striker in the playoffs. If you can be bothered, check out the stats for that season.

Johnston and the coaching staff have developed him into a proper striker. Hence the contrast between the playoffs and Saturday.

It's nice to have players with potential, good luck to Fais and if he stays and gets top scorer, I will be supergrateful. (Nothing to do with my £15 bet on Fais at 12's to be top scorer, honest)

This. Cowden fans love a good bitch at their supposed rivals but the truth is that he was pretty much a bit-part player until the start of this season. He did always seem to get a game on plastic & scored a lovely goal at Stenny in one of his first starts but always seemed to drop out the next week. Just checked stats & he surprisingly played over 20 games last season.

The transformation in him from last season to this has been quite phenomenal. Most Pars fans wouldn't have seen it coming to this extent. He always had skill & endeavour but he's added awareness & finishing to his game. He still has loads to learn though & can be a bit greedy at times but when you're in the form he's in he can't be blamed too much for that.

If he moves, then so be it. I've a feeling he'll stay until the summer at least.

Should make it clear that I was in no way criticising Moffat. He's definitely not got as much natural talent or potential as wee Faiss though. He has been excellent this season, actually finishing chances, unlike last year. I still wish he was a bit more ruthless and took more shots when he gets the opportunity.

As for the other points:

• Dyslexia doesn't excuse have a pish argument.
  • Just because we might not get a big fee for Faiss, it does not mean he's not a good player with potential to get even better.
  • Saying someone isn't all that great because he didn't perform well 20 months ago is extremely dumb, although I suppose it's to be expected that the Cowden fans would try and make their club's only notable moment relevant to every situation.

Absolutely hilarious viewing to see Michael "the Moff" Moffat and sand-dancers like El Bakhraoui and Joe Cardle - Joe fucking Cardle :lol: - being touted as superstars of the game now. Dross standing solely because the level they're playing at is now even worse: when proper teams were in the division, needless to say that the gulf in quality showed.

Absolutely hilarious viewing to see Michael "the Moff" Moffat and sand-dancers like El Bakhraoui and Joe Cardle - Joe fucking Cardle :lol: - being touted as superstars of the game now. Dross standing solely because the level they're playing at is now even worse: when proper teams were in the division, needless to say that the gulf in quality showed.

Although keeping the mouth firmly closed about Pars reject, Ross Forbes. Having been to Cappielow, I can understand your desire to focus on anything not Greenock related.

Even with a season start, Morton will not get to SPFL before the Pars. Fact.

Although keeping the mouth firmly closed about Pars reject, Ross Forbes. Having been to Cappielow, I can understand your desire to focus on anything not Greenock related.

Even with a season start, Morton will not get to SPFL before the Pars. Fact.

?

They are already in the spfl.

*Plays really well against top flight teams, thus catching the attention of teams in higher divisions*

Apparently branded as "superstar."

?

They are already in the spfl.

I fear he's made the error of thinking that the SPFL is the top league in Scotland. Sadly this error is the hallmark of morons (e.g. Peter Houston who seems to believe Falkirk are playing in the Lowland League given his desire to get them promoted to the SPFL).

Archived