• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I've been at Rugby Park in a decade or so, Killie were better than I thought they would be, cracking strike for the winner.

Accidentally may have sent some Caley fans the wrong direction post match, who were looking for the station, my bad.

That was great fun. f**k summer football!

We really worked for that one today. Hamill was excellent and Slater's technique for the goal was sublime. Hopefully a corner has been turned.

Credit to the RP staff for keeping the game on today.

Hamill was superb today, easily his best showing since his return. Carrick played well too. Held the ball well and made the proper runs when required.

Decent performance and the better team won. Hopefully take the momentum into next week's six pointer at the sand dome.

Great performance. Thought we dipped in the later stages of the first half, but we did well in the second. I thought Hamill was an absolute dynamo, didn't expect to be saying that. Slater was great too, as was Macdonald, Kiltie...A few folk who get top marks today.

Some strike for our second goal.

Reckon we should play in those conditions every week.

Games in the snow are brilliant fun, snow every week please!

Enjoyed the game, thought we dealt with the conditions much better than ICT did. If we play like we did yesterday and last weekend then I don't see any reason why we can't take the game to United and (hopefully) tank them.

It was indeed a MOM performance from Hamill (who would have believed it).Solid showings from

Macdonald (again), Slater, Kiltie, Frizzell, Balatoni and Carrick. Attitude and work rate across the whole team was excellent.Fair play to the ref for getting the game finished as well..was convinced he was going to abandon it in the 2nd half.

Chance to hopefully kick on a bit now in the next 2 crucial matches.Would take a point next week and 3 v Accies.

Is there a way we can get Carrick and Magennis in the team at the same time?

Loved Carrick's performance yesterday, although he's so committed to running the channels that there were a couple of occasions where we won the ball high up, but didn't have a body near the box to capitalise.

I thought it was a poor game, certainly from an ICT perspective, but it was made quite enjoyable with the conditions. Killie just shaded it. I think we had more shots on target but a lot of them didn't really test MacDonald. A header from Warren in the second half and a couple of long range efforts from Tansey were probably as close as we came to drawing level. I can't recall us creating an awful lot in the first half but we did have some long range efforts that MacDonald struggled with a wee bit in the conditions something I would liked to have seen us try and replicate in the second half more often given how much the ball was squirming about.

I think we were a bit unfortunate with the first goal. We struggled to clear our lines and Tremarco, who had a reasonable game at CB, seemed to fire his clearance off a Killie player and it looped up in the air and found Kiltie unmarked who coolly slotted past Fon Williams. On another day the ball might deflect somewhere else so bad luck for us but still a good finish.

Rare goal for Draper to get us back into it. Corner from Tansey was played back to him by Wedderburn and the second cross wasn't cleared and Draper swept the ball into the next from close range. Tansey, as mentioned above, had a couple of long range efforts in the second half. One from a free kick that clipped the net and looked, from our angle, as though it had gone in and the second was a shot across goal which bounced just wide of the post.

Great goal from Slater for the winner. We didn't cover ourselves in glory again at the back struggling again to clear our lines. Looked like Raven could actually have taken the ball down as he didn't appear to be under any real pressure but regardless, the finish from Slater, under pressure, was superb. A wonderfully controlled volley over Fon Williams which you just knew was in as soon as he hit it. Few crumbles from ICT supporters that we should have had a free kick prior to the goal but the referee had allowed us to play on as we had an advantage but we wasted it and then allowed Killie to go up the other end of the pitch and score. No issues with it for me.

Still a concern about how narrow we are playing just now. Storey continues to have run all across the front line and finds himself with little support. As I've said before a player like Watkins or Doran who can attack down the flanks and play balls in for Storey is desperately missed. Tansey and Draper played well and Tremarco, as mentioned, was competent enough in the centre of defence. Big game v Partick next week. We're only four points off the relegation spot and we need to start putting some daylight between us and 11th spot.

EDIT: Just watched the highlights and it was a block by Raven not Tremarco that saw the ball deflect up for the first Killie goal.

Archived