• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As bad as Barbour is, Findlay at full back simply doesnt work. Itll ruin the guys confidence to persist with him there.

Any news on the guy we were linked to earlier this month? Hodson or Hodgson or something.

That's why I'd play a simple 4-4-2 with Findlay there. I don't think he can play left back in the 4-2-3-1. Nothing fancy and no overlapping with the winger - just use your pace and defend. It also gives us extra height in the team for set pieces as Josh is a huge loss defensively at corners and adding Barbour does virtually nothing to help, (I don't think I've ever seen the boy win a header).

In case I'm not clear - I'd play Nutz the squirrel before Barbour.

That's why I'd play a simple 4-4-2 with Findlay there. I don't think he can play left back in the 4-2-3-1. Nothing fancy and no overlapping with the winger - just use your pace and defend. It also gives us extra height in the team for set pieces as Josh is a huge loss defensively at corners and adding Barbour does virtually nothing to help, (I don't think I've ever seen the boy win a header).

In case I'm not clear - I'd play Nutz the squirrel before Barbour.

Can we afford to lose a body in the middle though?

It's shite when a player gets under your skin. I had it for what seemed like aeons with Danny Invincibile. At least you can console yourself with the fact that Barbour isn't the first name on JJ's teamsheet for at least two years while being easily our worst player...

It's shite when a player gets under your skin. I had it for what seemed like aeons with Danny Invincibile. At least you can console yourself with the fact that Barbour isn't the first name on JJ's teamsheet for at least two years while being easily our worst player...

For me it should be the test of Carrick. If he can be the extra man in midfield when required and push on to support Boyd then we should be ok.

Danny Invincible was an abomination, (Alice bands are unacceptable!).

Another option is to play Obi wide left, Kiltie right and McKenzie behind Boyd in the same 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. That should mean that they couldn't play a high line or push their fullbacks up too far due to the pace we would have, (not exactly rocket science I know). Then we would definitely need Findlay at LB for height though as with Syme, Kiltie, Slater, Hamill, and McKenzie we'd be very vulnerable from set pieces.

Interesting who our left back will be. I'd put Findlay out there personally and play a flat, nothing fancy, 4-4-2 with Boyd and Carrick up front.

Ashcroft and Conrad at centre half because Balatoni and Connolly can't play together.

McDonald

Syme Ahcroft Balatoni Finday

KIltie Slater Hamill McKenzie

Carrick

Boyd.

I reckon Frizzel will be in there somewhere... also Higgy is back from injury

Start of an important run of games. We need to pick up 3 points here for sure. Not sure I would bring back Higgy back yet unless he is fully fit. Carrick needs to prove why hes here otherwise like Barbour, Hamill and Robinson should be shown the door.

McDonald

KIltie Slater Frizzel McKenzie

Carrick

Boyd.

Start of an important run of games. We need to pick up 3 points here for sure. Not sure I would bring back Higgy back yet unless he is fully fit. Carrick needs to prove why hes here otherwise like Barbour, Hamill and Robinson should be shown the door.

McDonald

KIltie Slater Frizzel McKenzie

Carrick

Boyd.

That's a lightweight looking midfield and Frizzell is maybe a wee bit more suited to a slightly further forward role, but it has pace and creativity, so could possibly work.

Playing alright but badly missing Josh. Frizzell and Carrick upfront are just totally toothless. Kiltie is right up for it though, looks buzzing after getting his contract signed.

Defending for the goal we lost was as comical as ever. Ball goes back out to corner taker and no one had bothered thinking about him. Allowed to put ball across box with impunity.

Archived