Mug Betting - 30 day audit

welshbairn

With all the excitement over matched betting (which I don't really understand and would probably screw it up by being greedy if I tried) I thought I'd do a totally unscientific experiment to see how the returns for 30 days of normal punting might compare. I'll be sticking to a daily £10 treble and aiming for an average return of £300 so if I win once over the 30 days I break even. It's also a way of controlling my betting a bit which got a bit silly over Christmas with too many big accas and daft perms, despite having a few decent wins in December. I realise this topic may not be of interest to most people and I would urge people strongly not to take my bets as tips, but selfishly I hope posting the bets and outcomes on here will help me keep to the discipline. If anyone else wants to join in and post their own bets feel free.

Day 1. (started yesterday)

post-30062-0-35797200-1452595743_thumb.j

So Pot stands at £21 with £11 profit.

Day 2.

post-30062-0-21164900-1452595955_thumb.j

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll watch with interest. I think betting's a mugs game (I always lost when I used to do it!) and guys I know who do bet either win or are only ever beaten by one game for a small fortune (aye, right), but watching this thread should be entertaining. As an aside,I think it's incredible that you can bet on under-20 matches.

All the very best.

Well I, for one, can see this being a spectacular success.

If WB hits some wins, he could be better off than doing matched betting, but he could equally be out of pocket, but with matched betting you are guaranteed not to be out of pocket.

Good idea, you won't match chapsticks but could end up similar to someone like myself.

As Viper says it's like comparing apples and pears really. BTW chapstick's profits are considerably boosted by an inadvertent mug punt he made, they could have been reduced by £471 if the result had gone the other way.

You said in the first post you were running this as a comparison so it's not really apples and oranges.

Fair point about chapticks but even without that I'd be surprised if you matched him.

The battle between mugs and matchers is just for fun really, even if I pump you lot senseless it won't prove anything, I could just as easily lose every bet next time around.

Well, I could if I didn't have a pet spider telling what games to pick.

Update.

attachicon.gifbet3.JPG

Think I might allow myself to take cash outs in this experiment, was well tempted when Toon equalized, only £47 though with the the other 2 bets ahead.

what made you bet against deportivo, shocking odds on them tonight, every bookie had them as stone cold favs and they got horsed all ends up

what made you bet against deportivo, shocking odds on them tonight, every bookie had them as stone cold favs and they got horsed all ends up

Bookies odds aren't about who they think will win, it's about how much money is piling in on which side. Around the world everyone's heard of Deportivo but who's heard of Mirandes? My tactic is to think punters tend to go for the famous teams so the bookies are forced to go along with it. Had a quick look at both teams records though, home and away. And more importantly I saw Deportivo play live a month or so ago, and remembered that they had a fixed way of playing that didn't change when the opposition went on full on attack and were very lucky to survive against Las Palmas. So a lower league team like Mirandes might have had a chance if they had a real go is what I'm saying.

Well that was shit..

post-30062-0-25412800-1452723481_thumb.j

Day 4 Pot is zero, down £19

There weren't many games to choose from for tomorrow so the potential return is low, only £110, but the last couple were 4-5 hundred so I'm vaguely sticking to the £300 average target.

post-30062-0-98945900-1452723589_thumb.j

Looking good in a bar in Ullapool with no Wifi. Will probably go conservative again tomorrow with few games to choose from, but a bet that will shake the Y fronts loose from the matchers is coming on Saturday.

Archived