Twin Squads for March Friendlies

Gordopolis

Was Anya not injured for the end of the campaign?

I preferred the 2nd half of the Ireland game when Anya replaced Ritchie.   

Anya was a very late sub against Germany, christ we improve when he came on.  

Poland he was injured.   

I honestly dont remember a single occasion when Ritchie beat a man and put in a cross.   I include his embarrassing display against Gibraltar in this.   

He's not very good at football, sadly.  

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the 'we shud onli pik playaz born in scotchlind' patter.

If it's good enough for Germany to win the World Cup with Klose & Podolski in amongst them (both Poles btw) it's good enough for us.

Podolski moved to Germany when he was two years old, Klose when he was eight. Do you think anyone on here would have a problem with the equivalent of that?

It's no surprise that Martin has been selected, the big lump cart horse type striker is way past its sell by date and honking to watch, but that's unfortunately the Scottish mentality regarding game plan.

He's a great penalty taker, and could be useful to plough hampden park

Podolski moved to Germany when he was two years old, Klose when he was eight. Do you think anyone on here would have a problem with the equivalent of that?

I imagine a couple of people would yeah

You might be happy to party in the knowledge that mediocre English players are doing the business for us but that wouldn't satisfy me one bit.

Did you sit on your arse and sulk when Matt Ritchie scored against Poland? If not, your argument has literally no credibility.

I imagine a couple of people would yeah

It's besides the point of what has been talked about on this thread in any case. No-one is complain about Fletcher's selection on that basis (unless I missed it). The fuss is about players like Martin rather than players like Maloney. And of course you'll find fans somewhere who have a problem with those players as well, but I don't think any on this thread that I've seen would kick up a fuss about that. The Podolski comparison misses the point.

Im pretty sure Martins outscored both McCormack and Rhodes over the past five seasons or so, at the same level, its fairly obvious why hes selected ahead of those two. Hes never had a proper match for Scotland so is likely to get it this time around.

Im pretty sure Martins outscored both McCormack and Rhodes over the past five seasons or so, at the same level, its fairly obvious why hes selected ahead of those two. Hes never had a proper match for Scotland so is likely to get it this time around.

Back that 1st bit up..? Not saying you're wrong but I'd be very surprised if he's out scored Rhodes.

Back that 1st bit up..? Not saying you're wrong but I'd be very surprised if he's out scored Rhodes.

I'm sure I looked it up last year or two years ago and he either had more goals, or a better goals per game ratio. I'll look it up now, and will likely make an arse of myself.

Over the past three seasons...

Chris Martin - 37-12/ 35-18/ 44-20     -        116/50             -      Goal every 2.3 matches

Jordan Rhodes - 34-12/ 47-21/ 48-25   -     129/58            -       Goal every 2.2 matches

Ross McCormack - 39-20/ 51-19/ 50-29 -    140/68           -        Goal every 2 matches

So yeah, McCormacks been the best finisher  :lol:

Over the past three seasons...

Chris Martin - 37-12/ 35-18/ 44-20 - 116/50 - Goal every 2.3 matches

Jordan Rhodes - 34-12/ 47-21/ 48-25 - 129/58 - Goal every 2.2 matches

Ross McCormack - 39-20/ 51-19/ 50-29 - 140/68 - Goal every 2 matches

So yeah, McCormacks been the best finisher :lol:

And if you do stretch it back to 5 seasons Martin falls away sharply

And if you do stretch it back to 5 seasons Martin falls away sharply

Yeah, but you also have Rhodes playing at a lower level

Well, not that he's ever going to be good enough to get a full cap, but some people were complaining about Islam Feruz who moved here when he was eight.

Some people also complained about Chris Iwelumo and Ikechi Anya, who were both born in Scotland, because they have foreign sounding names so obviously they can't be Scottish...

Guest DAVIDB69

Think the problem might be that we will have no players at all playing in the top league in England next season

Well, not that he's ever going to be good enough to get a full cap, but some people were complaining about Islam Feruz who moved here when he was eight.

Some people also complained about Chris Iwelumo and Ikechi Anya, who were both born in Scotland, because they have foreign sounding names so obviously they can't be Scottish...

To be clear, by "on here" I was meaning on this thread. I was pointing out that the comment wasn't very relevant to the discussion. 

I haven't actually seen anything about Feruz, Anya, or Iwelumo on P&B either, but I'll take your word for it. I'm sure there will be those on TAMB who have expressed views like that (again though a small minority in those cases). 

Archived