Bernie the Bolt

Thinking of fans of other clubs who I've witnessed either get aggressive or just... arseholey the list would probably take in half the league at one point or another but there's something truly unsettling about many Old Firm fans attitude to it.

I've been to Balmoor twice, as an example, and each time, on the way back to my mate's car wee neds in Peterhead scarves were chucking stones at the Morton fans and when the subject was broached on the match thread at the time the Peterhead fans were giving the usual "not real fans" pish but were also talking about how it's not the first time it's happened, stuff needs to be done, police and club should be more aware of what goes on outside the ground, etc. I seem to recall someone pleading with Arbroath (or whoever they were playing at home next) fans to just kick the shit out of them to teach them a lesson. They were aware of these wee arseholes, much likes the QotS fans seem to be on here, and wanted them to f**k off.

Then ye look at Rangers fans reactions when someone nearly got hit with a Buckie bottle back in December at Ibrox when we went. Just legion of Sevconians saying it didn't happen. When Hibs and Raith fans make similar complaints about getting pelted with coins it's just dismissed as away fans talking shite to get them in trouble. Ye hear their fans on the telly informing the world they're knee deep in ****** blood and we're told it's a "minority" yet the "majority" do a grand total of f**k all about.

Then the Celtic fans with their folk songs and flares and wishing they were on the Curva Nord in some romantic ideal of 1980s Ultra culture, but looking like a faded embarrassment, get into trouble for acting the p***ks more often than not and they're still "The Best Fans In The World™" and turn into discussion into a game of pass the whataboutery.

There seems to be a constant stream of defending, or ignoring, the multitude of fudknuckles in the Old Firm support by their other supporters. I can understand this to a level as they're often the ones getting the most accusations flung their way but it seems a bit incredulous many of their fans don't realise it's their tactics of deny and deflect that aren't helping.

When ye've seen yer mates flung out of grounds for moaning about being forced to sit on a seat covered in bird shite but see hundreds of fake weegies sing about killing folk based on their religion, or singing ditties honouring those that have done so, being ignored by stewards and coppers it begins to piss ye aff a bit.

Good post. When we had that fan being racist a season or two ago it was the other fans around him that singled him so he could be identified. I am happy to admit that there are problem fans at Balmoor, I wish there wasn't but every team seems to have them and that is why this legislation has been brought in. It is singling out football fans as unfortunately football is the mechanism for a lot of idiots to cause trouble. I go to a lot of sporting events and football games are the only place I have seen people being lifted, fighting and generally being massive c*nts.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post. When we had that fan being racist a season or two ago it was the other fans around him that singled him so he could be identified. I am happy to admit that there are problem fans at Balmoor, I wish there wasn't but every team seems to have them and that is why this legislation has been brought in. It is singling out football fans as unfortunately football is the mechanism for a lot of idiots to cause trouble. I go to a lot of sporting events and football games are the only place I have seen people being lifted, fighting and generally being massive c*nts.

We had this debate last season after our visit up to Balmoor- it wasn't the Peterhead fans who singled the boy out to be identified, rather the media coverage. Quite what positive light the Peterhead fans can be shown in from that unsavoury incident is an absolute mystery.

The power of google, eh?

Found an interesting little article on the Scotsman site about Peterhead's racist shame.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/man-fined-300-for-jordan-tapping-racist-abuse-1-3329884

Let's start with the singular and plural case first, shall we? "Mr Sturrock said other supporters were shouting "banana man" and telling the young player to go back to his own country".

How many others? I thought it was just one individual who was dishing out this abuse?

As for turning a blind eye, "The court heard the incident was not reported to the police but officers launched an investigation after reports of the crime appeared in the national and local media".

Why didn't any Peterhead fans report the incident at the time? In light of the outrage about the alleged wrongdoings of the Morton support on Saturday and the need for police intervention, I'd have thought somebody would've been suitably offended enough to act- but no, not one Peterhead fan bothered until the media took it upon themselves to do the decent thing and deal with the matter, bringing only one of the perpetrators to justice.

Sweep sweep.

Of course it isn't. The big problem with the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 is that it treats football fans differently to the rest of the population. That this was passed by the Scottish parliament is utterly shameful.

The bigger tragedy is that the supine diddies and their moronic plastic pals who post on here have no grasp on this.

So everyone's a fanny and a hooligan except the queen's god's chosen teams supporters?

Kincardine of course, doesn't rely on them because of his innate respect for the process by which they were arrived at - indeed he disapproves strongly of the legislation employed.

However, he's happy to labour on with the contradiction of quoting them, because they support his preferred reading.

I have no preferred reading. That the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 is an utter abortion is beyond dispute and that every football fan doesn't lobby for it to be taken off the statute book is a mystery.

What you diddies are calling for is better policing, and I'd agree with you. The two are very different discussions, though.

What you diddies are calling for is better policing, and I'd agree with you. The two are very different discussions, though.

Indeed.

If we agree that policing has not been adequate, why have you been attempting to construct a case on the basis of such actions as the police have taken?

Indeed. If we agree that policing has not been adequate, why have you been attempting to construct a case on the basis of such actions as the police have taken?

The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 is nasty, trivial and ineffectual. I am amazed that you would think otherwise.

The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 is nasty, trivial and ineffectual. I am amazed that you would think otherwise.

When did I say that I think otherwise?

I did say that I understand it to be a poor, possibly unnecessary piece of legislation, although I'll admit to those views being very much received, as I've no real insight of my own on such matters.

I also questioned the motivations of many of those who oppose it.

That's all.

Even if I agreed that that were so, it would not prevent me from perhaps questioning the motives of some who shared my view.

Pathetic response, Monkey. The legislation specifically targets football fans and makes our so-called offences greater than folk at other pubic events.

This is nasty and pernicious and that a. you don't agree and b. challenge my motives is to your great demerit.

Pathetic response, Monkey. The legislation specifically targets football fans and makes our so-called offences greater than folk at other pubic events.

This is nasty and pernicious and that a. you don't agree and b. challenge my motives is to your great demerit.

I'll live comfortably with your judgement of me on this.

Not every thread is about you..much as you think otherwise.

But you were addressing me directly.

How does my direct response to that indicate that I see the entire thread as all about me?

You genuinely seem to struggle to sustain a line of thought or argument these days.

Archived