Bernie the Bolt

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested to see the figures if they were broken down to show offences by fans of all clubs at games against Rangers and Celtic. Looking at the Rovers figures we are a statistical irrelevance in 2012/2013 but have nine arrests in 2013/2014. Guess what season we were in the same league as Rangers? Anecdotally I know of a number of fans arrested and charged at games against Rangers but I'm struggling to think of anyone charged for behaviour against anyone else. The away corner at Ibrox throws up a lot of tit for tat pish.

The other issue is about how, and what, is recorded. Do these figures relate to what goes on inside grounds or is the net spread wider? If it is I'd have thought all clubs would be tarred by random neds with no affiliation with the clubs, as per Paco's comments above.

Oh aye, and the old Airdrie were a bunch of p***ks back in the nineties.

The other issue is about how, and what, is recorded. Do these figures relate to what goes on inside grounds or is the net spread wider? If it is I'd have thought all clubs would be tarred by random neds with no affiliation with the clubs, as per Paco's comments above.

My helpful link is your friend. Here's the table summarising 'locus':

post-44711-0-48015900-1452886575_thumb.j

I'd stress that these are figures from 2013/14. Oh and there were only 203 charges levelled which says Scottish football is relatively crime free.

She came up on my Facebook the other night, a certain well known Sons fan appears to be friends with her on it. Signs of the secret hooligan tendencies in our support imo.

I hear a lot of things at games which are offensive to my intelligence. The next time someone claims for offside from a throw in I'm going to get them the jail.

To be fair Optimistic only pumped her once

Fair point Kincardine, by my brief fag packet calculations there is less than a quarter of an arrest per game. Scottish fitba is indeed crime free.

You can twist these results however you want I suppose but if you contrast the arrest figures in grounds with the ones in pubs it's pretty clear that arrests at games would plummet if we were allowed to drink at them!

They are responsible for 22% of charges and we for 29%. The balance of 49% is down to you diddies.

Still less than half are down to Diddy fans and that's according only to one half of your table.

The other has just two clubs responsible for having followers who account for 57% of charges.

Even if we thought that OF fans were treated as harshly as fans of smaller clubs, this would be damning.

Still less than half are down to Diddy fans and that's according only to one half of your table. The other has just two clubs responsible for having followers who account for 57% of charges.

It isn't my table and it's for two different years. The rest of us have been discussing 2013/14. Do try and keep up.

It isn't my table and it's for two different years. The rest of us have been discussing 2013/14. Do try and keep up.

Right, we're only to consider the set of grossly misleading figures that cast a slightly less harsh light on the two clubs at the heart of the problem.

Laughable.

You haven't. All you've said is that they are 'grossly misleading' but haven't attempted to explain why or who is mislead. I suspect that you never will.

Yes I did.

Early in the thread, I outlined a scenario whereby a fan of a smaller club would face sanctions, while those of OF ones don't.

It's been said that the Queen thinks the world smells of fresh paint because everywhere she goes is freshly decorated.

The same effect can be seen with fans of the bigot brothers, thinking the world is a violent place.

199The major issue is clearly with Celtic and Sevco and once again those in the media and in authority are pretending otherwise. You will get a few issues with other teams, but as this thread has established, this is pretty infrequent.

I've been to plenty of games to see us play where the fans are not segregated (off the top of my head Arbroath, Forfar, Brechin, Annan, Peterhead, Berwick, Montrose, Elgin) and have been to many games where fans have mixed freely in pubs before games, often in the opposition teams' supporters clubs (Motherwell, Inverness, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Peterhead, Dumbarton, Morton, Livingston for example) without even the slightest hint of trouble. I've even been in Robertson's before we played Hearts at Tynecastle without any trouble (it was mostly full of older guys drinking bottles of Magners). In fact we were once in some Celtic bar before a game at Parkhead (near the shopping centre that is close to Parkhead) where we had a laugh with the home fans who even told some wee fannies to shut up when they started some IRA chants.

Most of the trouble I've seen at the football (and I've been going for over 25 years) has involved seething Celtic and Oldco and Sevco mutants. Celtic fans threw stones from the car park at home fans after a game at East End (0-0) and an Oldco fan ran after me to threaten to batter me after I did a comedy lip tremble motion to him to indicate how upset he was after we drew 1-1 at East End (he then just walked away). The first bit of trouble I ever saw was in 1995 after we lost 0-1 to Dundee at East End and some fanny was trying to fire down Halbeath Road in their car, which is always busy with fans after games, almost knocking quite a few folk over. Someone kicked one of the guy's wing mirrors off and they ended up having a wee scrap.

199The major issue is clearly with Celtic and Sevco

No need to read the rest of the dross that you posted. The charge figures show that The Diddies are as culpable as The OF. I am wondering why Diddies find this difficult to admit.

To indulge you, the worst I've seen at football is running battles on the terraces between Stirling Albion and East Fife. Blood was drawn.

The tragedy is that the diddies don't admit they are part of the (very small) problem.

No need to read the rest of the dross that you posted. The charge figures show that The Diddies are as culpable as The OF. I am wondering why Diddies find this difficult to admit.

To indulge you, the worst I've seen at football is running battles on the terraces between Stirling Albion and East Fife. Blood was drawn.

The tragedy is that the diddies don't admit they are part of the (very small) problem.

We're not.

Strict liability considerations relate to the OF.

The charge figures are wildly misleading and do not reflect the spread of offences being committed.

If you read literally the next sentence you would have seen that I said there are some issuea with other clubs.

However, it is undeniable that the main issue lies with Celtic and Sevco. The tradegy is that you diddies won't admit it and will play the victim again

Archived