Bernie the Bolt

Bernie has a point

She came up on my Facebook the other night, a certain well known Sons fan appears to be friends with her on it. Signs of the secret hooligan tendencies in our support imo.

Perhaps one of his best lines was that anyone who felt uncomfortable or offended at other supporters behaviour should report it to the police. Offence is one of the great growth industries of the 21st century but I have to say there is a supporter who sits in front of me who farts on a regular basis. The resultant sulphuric cloud is just about the most offensive thing I encounter at a game.

Look out for his hearing at the Sheriff Court next week.

I hear a lot of things at games which are offensive to my intelligence. The next time someone claims for offside from a throw in I'm going to get them the jail.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She came up on my Facebook the other night, a certain well known Sons fan appears to be friends with her on it. Signs of the secret hooligan tendencies in our support imo.

A well known Sons fan who befriends everyone on Facebook? I have no idea who that could be :lol:

He was defo just after a swatch, what a boi.

Following Morton, I have only seen trouble at matches on very few occasions. This season we had a group of Motherwell fans who did not like being papped out the cup by us and got involved in fight with stewards and police. Ibrox, however, takes the biscuit. Its the only ground where the visiting fans are routinely pelted with coins, catering items, golf balls and bottles. I have seldom seen any trouble at Parkhead but when their fans are away, its another story the "greatest fans in the world" have repeatedly got the club fined for their behaviour.

Over the years there has been the odd fight, usually between our own support over a difference of opinion over what constitutes supporting the team. I just don't accept that Morton or any other provincial team in Scotland with the odd exception has a big problem with hooliganism home or away. Also, those that do have an issue tend to have them in a particular time period such as Motherwell have just now with their casuals or whatever tribal name they call themselves. 20-25 years ago we had Morton casuals for a time. That ended as they all grew up and got married! The only perpetual problems come from those clubs with sectarian baggage - the old firm and to a lessor extent, Hearts and to an even less lessor extent, Hibs.

Perhaps one of his best lines was that anyone who felt uncomfortable or offended at other supporters behaviour should report it to the police. Offence is one of the great growth industries of the 21st century but I have to say there is a supporter who sits in front of me who farts on a regular basis. The resultant sulphuric cloud is just about the most offensive thing I encounter at a game.

Look out for his hearing at the Sheriff Court next week.

Farters at the football. They really are worse than hooligans. Bernard (who calls their kid Bernard?) should get a task force together to tackle this problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35317169

Away fans: Just report the next incident at Ibrox to the minimum wage, high viz, disinterested looking stewards. They'll sort it all out. Don't know why nobody has thought of this before.

I was thinking this too, I wonder what the reaction of the stewards or police would be at Ibrox at the end of this month if I showed them the article linked there. I'd imagine I'd be told to sit down or I'd be huckled.

Holy f**k.

It's not only at Ibrox where these police have temporary deafness.

I remember watching the news when Mr Craig Whyte returned to Scotland for a court hearing.

On camera you clearly hear a man making death threats to Craig and the policeman standing a yard away does nowt.

If I was standing outside a nightclub threatening to kill a bouncer for not letting me in would the police ignore me too?

Many clubs have a minority of fans who idolise football casual culture. It's not just an old firm problem that a minority of idiots dream of the days of English hooliganism in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Or the fandans who think that "nae pyro = nae party" and are in awe of European ultras groups. It's less of a problem at smaller clubs but it doesn't mean that these idiots aren't out there.

But when you see crazy decisions such as the police allowing Rangers and Dumbarton fans to walk together to the perimeter wall around the ground but force the visiting Gers fans to take the long route around the 3 fenced sides to their part of our stand, It really does raise the question of overly officious policing. A minority of fans from many clubs are utter arseholes - the police response is usually to punish the decent fan with overzealous policing.

It's a bigger problem for OF clubs because they have more fans. That doesn't mean it's solely an OF problem.

Kilmarnock and St Mirren fans had a wee scuffle outside the train station about 3 years ago and I saw a fan getting punched before we player Ayr last season but, like many others, my only other experiences of trouble at games involved 2 clubs........and both were with the police as opposed to with our fans. Will let you guess the clubs.

I hear a lot of things at games which are offensive to my intelligence. The next time someone claims for offside from a throw in I'm going to get them the jail.

:lol: who's this?

Depends on how you definite 'football hooligans' I suppose. There was an incident a few years back when Raith played in Falkirk that te media portrayed as football hooliganism.

What actually happened, when Raith were away to Falkirk, is there was a rammy in Camelon. While the game was on. Suppose if you call that football hooliganism 38 of the 42 clubs probably do have a problem...

It's worth noting that the OF have been depressingly consistent in their ability to embarrass this country on their European travels over the years. They're both up there with the worst offenders in European football. There are many, many other clubs of similar size and stature who's fan-base simply behave better.

Assuming that they're only worse than the rest of us because they have more supporters is a lazy conclusion.

I heard that as well, I'd love to know the statistics around who's been arrested and where. I've certainly never heard anything sectarian (or racist) at the Rock, or seen any crowd trouble.

Surely they must be available somewhere?

Only trouble iv seen was when Hamilton fans spat the dummy and started causing shite near the train station after we gubbed them 4-1 and cost them the league.

Only trouble iv seen was when Hamilton fans spat the dummy and started causing shite near the train station after we gubbed them 4-1 and cost them the league.

The season they won the playoff?

Oh Aye. Them getting paraded infront of us as the 4th went in was hilarious. Nish even scored that day!

They were all about 15, no Brogan though IIRC

Seen square ups and punches thrown at berwick and cowden, same drunk dumbarton fan involved each time on the receiving end. I remember the fans bus had a window bricked in at montrose too 6 years or so ago.

These things are really in frequent however, not like its an issue every week.

I think those young Accies lot had a wee internal bust up pre-match that day as well. I was coming along to the ground via the back road and one of them was crying and picking up his scuffed Stone Island coat from the ground and nursing his bruised chek. Think his wee pals had given him a slap. Those two Accies home matches that season had a ridiculous police presence. I nearly got stopped by them at Dumbarton East before the first home game against them that season when two cops cornered me and my mate and was about to start questioning us when another signalled to him and said "that's not them". Just glad he didn't search me as I was going out straight after the game...

Seen square ups and punches thrown at berwick and cowden, same drunk dumbarton fan involved each time on the receiving end. I remember the fans bus had a window bricked in at montrose too 6 years or so ago.

These things are really in frequent however, not like its an issue every week.

I had a few verbals down at Berwick in our first season back in Division 3 after the Paul Martin relegation season. Nothing to write home about, but I think the arrangements for the toilet block on the terrace there lend themselves to interaction between the two sets of supporters and if there's any needle to the game then you're bound to get the odd terse exchange.

Archived