Team 16?

edinabear

Having looked at the Junior clubs and non-pyramid senior clubs, I found that 8 clubs outside the pyramid had licenses. And another 40 clubs had either aspirations to gain a license or had fulfilled, or nearly fulfilled the criteria for one.

Clubs With a license

Juniors: Banks O'Dee (North), Linlithgow Rose (East)

EoS Leagues: Burntisland, CSS, Coldstream, HRA

SoS: Wigtown and Bladnoch

NCFL: Golspie Sutherland

Clubs I deemed as partial e.g. could achieve a License based on their ground with a little bit of work:

East Juniors: Bonnyrigg Rose, Broxburn Athletic, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Kelty Hearts, Newtongrange Star, Sauchie Juniors, Dalkeith Thistle, Falkirk Juniors, Haddington Athletic, Downfield, Dundee North End, Glenrothes, Kirriemuir Thistle, Blackburn United, Dunbar Utd

West Juniors: Auchinleck Talbot, Glenafton Athletic, Hurlford United, Irvine Meadow, Petershill, Pollok, Cumnock, Greenock, Largs Thistle, Rutherglen Glencairn, Whitletts Victoria, Carluke Rovers, Maryhill, Renfrew, Rossvale, Benburb, Port Glasgow

North Juniors: Aberdeen Uni and Lewis United

Eos League: Duns

SoS League: Creetown, Edusport, Newton Stewart and St Cuthbert Wanderers

NCFL: Halkirk United

The vast majority of these clubs will most likely have no interest in joining the pyramid but I was surprised to learn the disparity between the North and East/West Juniors in stadia.

Spartans EoS team are also licenced. When our Lowland League team get promoted to the SPFL then surely they too could go for promotion to the LL?

Grimbo

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure the League rules allow a B team to get promoted.

I will make no comment about when your lowland team get promoted.

Well next season it's got to be Kilby with all the extra dosh they'll have to spend after their biggy pay day with Glasgow Celtic.

But yes It's probably best you don't dwell on our LL team. Magnificent again today btw.

The song "can we play you next week" has a familiar ring to it when we welcome back the Colts.

Grimbo

Well next season it's got to be Kilby with all the extra dosh they'll have to spend after their biggy pay day with Glasgow Celtic.

But yes It's probably best you don't dwell on our LL team. Magnificent again today btw.

The song "can we play you next week" has a familiar ring to it when we welcome back the Colts.

Grimbo

money doesn't always win you titles you know- I mean I notice a lowly unsung team called City beat one of Grim's favourites today... again.... :P

Spartans EOS aren't licensed in their own right. There is no such club as Spartans EOS.

In any case - it isn't possible to cite the LL or EOSL rules as they aren't online, but the SOSL Competition Rules are, and explicitly state that:

18 As part of the Scottish FA “Pyramid” system, the South of Scotland Football League is “opened” up to promotion and relegation, to and from the Scottish Lowland Football League.

18.1 The winners of the South of Scotland Football League may be promoted to the Scottish Lowland Football League provided that the club meets the required entry criteria.

Promotion is mandatory, providing the necessary entry criteria and qualifying process is met.

18.2 Clubs being relegated from the Scottish Lowland Football League will be allowed to join the South of Scotland Football League, provided they meet the entry criteria.

18.3 Clubs are not allowed to have more than one team in the “Professional” structure.

Incidentally the SOSL Constitution has a rule whose wording is a delightful throwback to Victorian times bravely battling on in the 21st century:

6. Gentlemen distinguished for their zeal in the game or otherwise honourably distinguished, may, as a mark of respect be admitted Honorary Members.

:lol:

Some of that plankton has managed to float into the last 16 of the Cup attracting 4 figure home attendances in the process, including double what Forfar managed in the replay.

Go plankton!

...for the biggest games in the plankton club's history; then papped out anyway to general shrugs of no concern. Back in your box.

Spartans EOS aren't licensed in their own right. There is no such club as Spartans EOS.

In any case - it isn't possible to cite the LL or EOSL rules as they aren't online, but the SOSL Competition Rules are, and explicitly state that:

18 As part of the Scottish FA Pyramid system, the South of Scotland Football League is opened up to promotion and relegation, to and from the Scottish Lowland Football League.

18.1 The winners of the South of Scotland Football League may be promoted to the Scottish Lowland Football League provided that the club meets the required entry criteria.

Promotion is mandatory, providing the necessary entry criteria and qualifying process is met.

18.2 Clubs being relegated from the Scottish Lowland Football League will be allowed to join the South of Scotland Football League, provided they meet the entry criteria.

18.3 Clubs are not allowed to have more than one team in the Professional structure.

Incidentally the SOSL Constitution has a rule whose wording is a delightful throwback to Victorian times bravely battling on in the 21st century:

6. Gentlemen distinguished for their zeal in the game or otherwise honourably distinguished, may, as a mark of respect be admitted Honorary Members.

:lol:

So does that mean (if EoS rules are equal to SoS rules) should Spartans (that play in the EoS) are Champions then team runner-up (providing they meet the criteria) would be eligible for promotion/play-off or does everyone get pished off at us for winning the league this denying them a promotion opportunity?

Also I feel rule or point 6 that you've illustrated HJ actually applies to me. How do I invoke it?

Grimbo

You would think that East Kilbride playing Celtic live on TV today would makes some clubs think about taking the jump.

After watching that game they felt probably more like jumping in front of a train - a more diabolical 90 minutes I've not seen for a long while. At least EK will be crying all the way to the bank on the back of it, although considering all the empty seats was it worth it?

There were 7,767 people there - almost half of them supporting EK - not to mention all the coverage from the media build-up and it being broadcast live on terrestrial TV. Even if they hadn't made a penny, of course it was worth it.

Also worth saying - almost 2,000 more than could've got into NDP.

So does that mean (if EoS rules are equal to SoS rules) should Spartans (that play in the EoS) are Champions then team runner-up (providing they meet the criteria) would be eligible for promotion/play-off or does everyone get pished off at us for winning the league this denying them a promotion opportunity?

I imagine it would be the former. If not then it should be.

Also I feel rule or point 6 that you've illustrated HJ actually applies to me. How do I invoke it?

Grimbo

I understand you're required to telegram a postal order to the value of 10 shillings, suitably stamped by the Comptrollers Office, whilst wearing a top hap and an outrageous moustache. Some people dispatch it by horse charabanc, but that would be ridiculous.

I'm afraid Mr O'Grady may be disappointed. It says in the rule "as a mark of respect" whereas no-one has any respect for Grim! :P

Perhaps he should start sporting a large beard and a topper to be more distinguished, like Lord Kinnaird of the FA here.

post-12982-0-63492900-1454887481.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived