Celtic V St Johnstone, 23/1/16

St J charge Celtic £26 pounds but do offer a free child ticket with that.

Yes, our away section is shit and far too expense. That can be said about all our tickets.

Would like to see reciprocal agreements in place and the away fans moved.

You are the only team we charge £26 for entry. We only do it because you do it to us. I suppose it's good business for saints though, as we only have a hundred, you have 4000..

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, our away section is shit and far too expense. That can be said about all our tickets.

This

Motherwell also charged £26 in October but gave a free childs ticket with it in the Main Stand

The flip of that is £28 for Tynecastle a few weeks ago, no concession tickets at all for the away support although at least you can see all of the pitch with a decent view there unlike the afforementioned fence at Pittodrie obscuring about one third of the pitch, £26 & no concession tickets for away fans

Having now viewed the clearance off the line I can safely say Radford was correct and the ball certainly does not look like it is close to being all over the line. On the flip side I am now even more convince that it was a foul in the build up to the third goal.

Easton clattered late and off the ball, two seconds later the guy who clatters him finds himself unmarked and scores :lol: Absolute shitebag ref for us at Celtic Park yet again

Seriously? You are complaining about the ref. Was this the same ref who allowed your players to put in several poor tackles without showing them the bookings they deserved? I think one player, can't recall who it was, put in about 3-4 poor tackles and wasn't booked for any of them.

Agreed mate. I went to McDairmid Park last season & took my 9yr old son to his first away game & got the free child ticket. Would like to see Celtic offer this to St Johnstone fans when they visit Celtic Park.

Predicted a 3-0 win and wasn't far off.

Was a decent game. Could've finished 7-3 to Celtic had both sides taken the chances they should've done better with. I thought the Saints were well organised & compact which snuffed out Griffiths, but allowed others to take advantage. I thought O'Halloran looked good for Saints yesterday too & if he goes in this window for less than £600k then St Johnstone will have robbed themselves.

I thought the ref was very lenient on several St Johnstone tackles & they could've seen their team go down to 10 men with a stronger ref.

Big Efe was solid again & it's good to see this superb run of form from him to shut up his critics. Another good hard fought victory to keep the gap to 6 over the great pretenders.

Seriously? You are complaining about the ref. Was this the same ref who allowed your players to put in several poor tackles without showing them the bookings they deserved? I think one player, can't recall who it was, put in about 3-4 poor tackles and wasn't booked for any of them.

Yeah, he seen Easton clattered, put the whistle to his mouth then shat it when he realised Celtic were attacking and allowed play to continue, one pass later and the player Easton was marking is now free due to the aforementioned clatter and scores a simple chance.

Predicted a 3-0 win and wasn't far off.

Was a decent game. Could've finished 7-3 to Celtic had both sides taken the chances they should've done better with. I thought the Saints were well organised & compact which snuffed out Griffiths, but allowed others to take advantage. I thought O'Halloran looked good for Saints yesterday too & if he goes in this window for less than £600k then St Johnstone will have robbed themselves.

I thought the ref was very lenient on several St Johnstone tackles & they could've seen their team go down to 10 men with a stronger ref.

Big Efe was solid again & it's good to see this superb run of form from him to shut up his critics. Another good hard fought victory to keep the gap to 6 over the great pretenders.

interesting that Celtic committed double the fouls that saints did, yet never picked up one booking, whereby saints got 3 :huh:

Think Saints only got two bookings, Shaughnessy for a mistimed attempt to stop Johansen (I think) and then Davidson at the same time for I've no idea what. Wotherspoon was all over Johansen like a rash most of the game but didn't commit anything too henious and I'd be interested to hear examples of these bad challenges.

Arguably the only red card should have been for Griffiths who impeded Mannus taking a goal kick from hand and then caught Cummins in the face in front of the benches. A Celtic player also had a challenge early on, similar to Logan's at Pittodrie the night before, that caught O'Halloran in the chest and saw him require treatment IIRC.

As said though, I'm sure examples of these bad challenges from Saints players will be forthcoming.

Think Saints only got two bookings, Shaughnessy for a mistimed attempt to stop Johansen (I think) and then Davidson at the same time for I've no idea what. Wotherspoon was all over Johansen like a rash most of the game but didn't commit anything too henious and I'd be interested to hear examples of these bad challenges.

Arguably the only red card should have been for Griffiths who impeded Mannus taking a goal kick from hand and then caught Cummins in the face in front of the benches. A Celtic player also had a challenge early on, similar to Logan's at Pittodrie the night before, that caught O'Halloran in the chest and saw him require treatment IIRC.

As said though, I'm sure examples of these bad challenges from Saints players will be forthcoming.

The only player I can think of was McLean, who got away with a fairly blatant booking for a kick at Tierney early in the second half, then a few minutes later had a bit of a petulant swing at the same player which looked as though it caught him with a bit of a slap. Over the piece I thought Clancy was his usual inconsistent, centre of attention self.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Saints are a very physical side, but don't think they played ugly. I can't remember anything particularly bad at least. I thought the ref was a bit inconsistent and if anything there were too many free kicks IMO, but I don't think he got any major decisions wrong.

Got a good laugh out of that one. The ref had his back turned and clearly never had a clue what had happened so just gave a free kick against Griffiths despite it being that Mannus made an arse of his kick out. Collumesque.

Ah yes, "can't recall". Must be true then.

Well when far up in the stand and you see several tackles going in from a few Saints players and you can't remember who was who then yes, that's why I couldn't recall his name. As it happens, from watching on Sportscene, I now know it to be Wotherspoon!

interesting that Celtic committed double the fouls that saints did, yet never picked up one booking, whereby saints got 3 :huh:

For a start 18 bookings isn't the double of 11. Secondly you got 2 players booked, not 3. Thirdly the number of fouls does not interpret the nature of the fouls but merely the refs interpretation.

Got a good laugh out of that one. The ref had his back turned and clearly never had a clue what had happened so just gave a free kick against Griffiths despite it being that Mannus made an arse of his kick out. Collumesque.

Exactly mate. Another farcical decision. Griffiths didn't do anything wrong & should've been in possession with Mannus well off his line and a goal almost certain but the ref found it within himself to somehow penalise Griffiths.

Exactly mate. Another farcical decision. Griffiths didn't do anything wrong & should've been in possession with Mannus well off his line and a goal almost certain but the ref found it within himself to somehow penalise Griffiths.

I take it youve never actually bothered to learn the rules of the game if you think it shouldnt have been a free kick

Archived