Motherwell v Ross County

Reaction required here from Motherwell. Firstly from the shambles of Saturday, and secondly from the horrendous perfromance we put in at Dingwall in the 3-0 loss in November.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting a midfielder in before Saturday, although with Lasley back, it shouldn't be as bad as it was on Saturday.

Law at right-back, Hammell and left-back, and go from there.

Ross County - what are the chances of you bringing down some of those haggis pies for me? A sublime bit of scran!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reaction required here from Motherwell. Firstly from the shambles of Saturday, and secondly from the horrendous perfromance we put in at Dingwall in the 3-0 loss in November.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting a midfielder in before Saturday, although with Lasley back, it shouldn't be as bad as it was on Saturday.

Law at right-back, Hammell and left-back, and go from there.

Ross County - what are the chances of you bringing down some of those haggis pies for me? A sublime bit of scran!

Send us up Hammell for left-back and we can talk.

Will he take payment in haggis pies too?

Yeah get Hammell and Law back to their normal positions. Kennedy got dropped after having a mare in a couple of games so does hall get dropped?

The midfield will pick itself with Lasley back in. Ideally we sign someone so we don't have to play with two out and out wingers. We could really do with three points in this one.

Call it 6 haggis pies, we'll give you Joe Chalmers for your left-back spot and we'll say no more about it.

Please send all haggis pies to me.

Arrange for us to be able to play Chalmers and Reckord together, but only counting as one player, and we'll call it 9 haggis pies (inc. VAT).

Assuming you can arrange that, PM me an invoice and I'll get the oven on.

Gianfranco's just brought it up while I've been typing but given Kennedy was pretty much told to take a seat after the fairly disastrous pairing with Laing in Dingwall and his mistakes against Hearts at Fir Park then under normal circumstances a 6-0 bleaching at Tynecastle would see some changes. In this case though I'd hope the changes would be to simply revert back to the defence we were playing since as poor as they were I can't help feeling that the players were hung out to dry off the back of McGhee's team selection.

I'm not even sure we need someone in this week for this game, longer term though I'd say we need someone who can step in for Lasley and Pearson as our over reliance on both of them is a concern but for Saturday I'd be happy enough starting Cadden as any time I've seen him he looks capable enough of playing in that position alongside Pearson and Lasley. As long as we're not going with 2 wingers, we've got the other 10 players playing in their actual positions hopefully McGhee can pick the team up and get them playing as they were then I'd hope we could get something out the game.

Something like the below would be fine with me:

Ripley

Law Hall McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley Pearson

Johnson

Moult McDonald

I wonder whether McIntyre will be tempted to name a weakened side before the Celtic game to avoid injuries?

I've yet to see County win this season, so a change in fortunes would be welcomed here.

Stay. Away.

With the form we're in, we don't need your bad luck stinking up the place :angry::ph34r:

Hopefully we'll bounce back here but I reckon that result in Saturday will knock the stuffing out of us for a good few weeks yet.

Ross County have had our number for a good while now and I don't see us beating them on Saturday either I'm afraid. Reckon we'll scrape a 1-1 draw just as we did against them earlier this season at Fir Park.

Hopefully we can respond here with a win to help put that horror show at the weekend behind us.

These are exactly the kind of games that we need to be taking all three points from and hopefully the players will be fired up to restore some pride after being completely embarrassed.

2-1 home win.

Would Quinn be cup tied?

He was named in the squad in their defeat to Hibs but never made it on to the pitch. I am not 100% sure on the rules, but I would say that he wouldn't be cup tied in that situation.

Edited to add: He also never made it on to the pitch in the cup defeat to Hearts. So could be available for the Scottish Cup also.

The midfield will pick itself with Lasley back in. Ideally we sign someone so we don't have to play with two out and out wingers.

I don't know that it does - well maybe in 3 of the 4 positions it does. Lasley, Pearson, Johnson and who else? We do need to someone else though.

Let's go back to people playing where they're supposed to. Hammell at right back is the worst idea since playing Hammell in midfield in a cup final.

I don't understand why Luke Watt wasn't put in at right back. It's his natural position and he's a better player than the absolutely chronic Joe Chalmers.

Call it 6 haggis pies, we'll give you Joe Chalmers for your left-back spot and we'll say no more about it.

Please send all haggis pies to me.

Let's go back to people playing where they're supposed to. Hammell at right back is the worst idea since playing Hammell in midfield in a cup final.

I don't understand why Luke Watt wasn't put in at right back. It's his natural position and he's a better player than the absolutely chronic Joe Chalmers.

I'm re-thinking my offer.

I don't know that it does - well maybe in 3 of the 4 positions it does. Lasley, Pearson, Johnson and who else? We do need to someone else though.

I can't see him picking anyone other than ainsworth to be honest even though there is merit in what your saying

I can't see him picking anyone other than ainsworth to be honest even though there is merit in what your saying

It'll be Ainsworth unless we sign someone this week. Problem is it leave us wide open playing two wingers.

So without a signing it'll be Ainsworth, the untested Cadden or the failed experiment with Laing.

Archived