Motherwell v Ross County

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter shite from us today.

County were never in the game until we gifted them a goal from their first attack and after that we fannied about with powderpuff and ineffective attacking play. I don't know how many times we floated a cross into the box that their keeper scooped up without an attacker near him.

The second goal all but killed the game although we somehow almost spawnied a point out of that at the end, an indicator to how 'good' County are. It was very much too little, too late from us though as the damage had long since been done thanks to more slack play at chronic defensive play. And on that note, if Hammell is out for any length of time then we are in serious trouble.

The only one to come out of today with pass marks was young Chris Cadden but otherwise we were utterly desperate and we are bang smack in this relegation/playoff battle.

I'm still struggling as to why we didn't at the very least get a point out of that? Oh wait no shoddy marking at every corner and a break away goal that you could see coming even though it was massively against the run of play.

Hammell and Law been out is very concerning indeed hopefully both recover quickly. To be fair to us we dominated the game and had the vast majority of the chances. One of those days.

Ross County are a decent side. They don't do anything spectacular but they are effective.

There's definitely a few of their players could walk into our team.

They are certainly a decent side, but they weren't anything special today, indeed they almost blew a two goal lead in the last few minutes. The problem was we gifted them three points due to shoddy marking and slack midfield play, as well as an inability to make it could at the crucial times up the other end. Sounds all too familiar from us and it's traits like that are all the hallmarks of a side in relegation trouble.

And to add, today's results were significant with our debacle and United thrashing Killie as I will stick my neck out right now and say that if United can maintain their momentum from that result and put together a run then they will catch us.

Thought we started the game like a team who had been scudded 6-0 the week before. Hesitant, nervous and lacking a bit of belief. Cadden gave Irvine the freedom the box for their first but other than that I thought he showed up well.

On another day we could easily have won that as we had more than enough chances but County took theirs at key moments.

"On another day" we wouldn't have conceded three against Accies.

"On another day" we wouldn't have made a Highland League side look remotely competent and unfortunate not to score against us. And we'd have taken 10 off them.

"On another day" Hearts wouldn't have taken six off us. We'd have converted at least one of the chances we were presented with and would have made it relatively competitive.

And "On another day" we'd have hit County for four or five and wouldn't have gifted them two goals on a plate.

I'm sorry, but for me this "On another day" thing just isn't happening.

We just aren't good enough.

Thought we started the game like a team who had been scudded 6-0 the week before. Hesitant, nervous and lacking a bit of belief. Cadden gave Irvine the freedom the box for their first but other than that I thought he showed up well.

On another day we could easily have won that as we had more than enough chances but County took theirs at key moments.

I was impressed with Cadden he was unlucky not score. We never really started playing until they scored.

A few thoughts from today;

- 3 points dropped, County were shite

- Mr Kennedy isn't a right back

- Hammells injury could be a real blow for us if it's as bad as it appeared

- Cadden wasnt sparkling but he didn't look out his depth...hopefully he appears more confident in himself next time he gets a start

- Hopefully Bournemouth weren't watching Johnson today...pretty poor

- Scott Boyd had Moult in his pocket for most of the match

- Our decision making in the final 3rd and final ball was poor overall

- why it took to 75mins to make an attacking change when we were flat from about 60mins was bizarre, as was the fact that Johnson managed to stay on even though he was cunted

- I didn't really get the vitriol towards the referee...yes, he's a wee bawbag in general, but today I didn't think he done much wrong...certainly nothing that overly influenced the outcome of the match

"On another day" we wouldn't have conceded three against Accies.

"On another day" we wouldn't have made a Highland League side look remotely competent and unfortunate not to score against us. And we'd have taken 10 off them.

"On another day" Hearts wouldn't have taken six off us. We'd have converted at least one of the chances we were presented with and would have made it relatively competitive.

And "On another day" we'd have hit County for four or five and wouldn't have gifted them two goals on a plate.

I'm sorry, but for me this "On another day" thing just isn't happening.

We just aren't good enough.

Aren't good enough for what? We're clearly good enough to be competitive in and around mid table Scottish Premiership level. Which, tbh, is all I expect for this season after the Baraclough disaster.

Aren't good enough for what? We're clearly good enough to be competitive in and around mid table Scottish Premiership level. Which, tbh, is all I expect for this season after the Baraclough disaster.

Most Motherwell fans would agree with that. mjc however...

Too right I wouldn't agree with it. With the exception of a good spell in December we have been dire this season and have been languishing around the lower reaches since the off. We are nowhere near mid table, we are firmly one of the relegation contenders and today's failings have been all too evident in several matches this season.

Too right I wouldn't agree with it. With the exception of a good spell in December we have been dire this season and have been languishing around the lower reaches since the off. We are nowhere near mid table, we are firmly one of the relegation contenders and today's failings have been all too evident in several matches this season.

In all honesty, I don't see much between teams outside the top three. United have had a really poor start but it looks like they're on their way back. We've done alright so far but the margins are pretty tight. Our hope is that we can maintain it until the split and avoid the dreaded bottom six run in. None of the nine are far from the consequences of a good or bad six game run.

Archived