Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

In the past when foreign ‘actors’ have tried to interfere with UK domestic policy they have been subtle about it.  Elon Musk is not hiding anything; direct interference with our politics.

If/when Harris wins in November it will be interesting to see if he pulls his neck in.

27 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Their reporting is a bit schizophrenic, elsewhere they're asking

Are heavy-handed tactics the right approach?

In addition the bulk of readers comments comments seem to be pushing the "two tier policing" line.

54 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

On the Mail, I have often quoted them, mostly in the Compo Faces thread as they do carry a good amount of that kind of content - but no longer. 

A couple of days ago I saw they had an article about Elon Musk and Kier Starmer, with comments open. The comments section - full of racist abuse ("cleverly" disguised to get past filters"), loads of "Spot on, Elon. Well said" - it was just an extension of the worst dregs of twitter. 

The CF thread might suffer a wee bit but I'm done. 

22 minutes ago, Sheas_cake said:

Many of these absolute weapons will end up losing jobs, have cars and houses repossessed, all because they wanted to pavement-dance in front of the Police over a completely manufactured piece of outrage over immigrants. I've no doubt a few of them will get divorced as well. Some of them are going to lose absolutely everything over this. 

Fabulous. 

On the other hand GB News is looking for anchors, or at least something that rhymes with it.

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I know it's hard to keep up with the fash getting lifted but she was arrested on. Tuesday 

Between her and Natalie McGarry, I'm starting to think 'wife of a Tory councillor' should pretty much instantly mark you down as OFTW. That and marrying a Tory, obvs. 

35 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I know it's hard to keep up with the fash getting lifted but she was arrested on. Tuesday 

Yes but was she detained?  Plenty of others have been detained awaiting trial and in some cases awaiting sentencing.

On 03/08/2024 at 12:03, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, 'pulling up a ladder' or 'drawbridge' is hardly some brand new witty construction as the earlier poster seemed to think.

I do enjoy though, how some of those contributing to these threads love to proclaim their objections to prejudice, by bracketing a massive group of people together due to a characteristic over which they've no control, in order to castigate them all as having the same glaring faults.

Most illuminating.

This.

I see a lot of "bad othering" from people who like to project "opposition to bad othering" as a  prominent personality trait.

"Bad othering" is terminology I learned from watching hundreds of hours of videos posted by the  lovely Buddhist teacher called Tara Brach. 

To close the loop on this, Mrs. Tara Brach now seems to have allowed her community and message to be co-opted by activists and she spends most of her time "bad othering" anyone who doesn't align with her political views, albeit with her lovely soft-spoken whisperings that still soothe my soul.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say this has broken my heart and spirit, as this, more than anything else, revealed to me that there is absolutely no hope for humanity. Her philosophy of non-dualism went completely out the window as soon as there were sides to be chosen.

There is no middle way, this is what humans do, prejudge, reduce issues to  binary conflicts, engage in confirmation bias, ignore doubts and cognitive dissonance, pick a side and justify a morally righteous stance that feels good...and then..we fight. 

1 hour ago, Luddite said:

This.

I see a lot of "bad othering" from people who like to project "opposition to bad othering" as a  prominent personality trait.

"Bad othering" is terminology I learned from watching hundreds of hours of videos posted by the  lovely Buddhist teacher called Tara Brach. 

To close the loop on this, Mrs. Tara Brach now seems to have allowed her community and message to be co-opted by activists and she spends most of her time "bad othering" anyone who doesn't align with her political views, albeit with her lovely soft-spoken whisperings that still soothe my soul.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say this has broken my heart and spirit, as this, more than anything else, revealed to me that there is absolutely no hope for humanity. Her philosophy of non-dualism went completely out the window as soon as there were sides to be chosen.

There is no middle way, this is what humans do, prejudge, reduce issues to  binary conflicts, engage in confirmation bias, ignore doubts and cognitive dissonance, pick a side and justify a morally righteous stance that feels good...and then..we fight. 

I'm listening to "Radical Acceptance " at the moment. What has she been saying?

And non-dualism isn't about not taking sides.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes but was she detained?  Plenty of others have been detained awaiting trial and in some cases awaiting sentencing.

It was reported she was being detained at the time.

They should thank their lucky stars nobody was killed as its probably saved some of these idiots from double figure jail sentences.

Edited by invergowrie arab

On 05/08/2024 at 20:39, vikingTON said:

What evidence is there that Gordon Brown's utterly hopeless and completely ineffective 2010 election campaign radicalised English men towards Islamophobic and anti-asylum seeker violence? 

Citing 'political climate' is simply a cop-out from the reality that no such causal chain exists. Whereas there are plenty of causal chains between the National Front, the BNP, the EDL and the current organisation of far-right violence. 

There were similar racial riots in northern English cities in May 2001. When the economy was in the middle of a historic period of growth, the government was churning out policies like the minimum wage, tax credits and record NHS investment that *did* redistribute to working class England before the financial crash of 2007-08. They also took place before radical Islam was a viable scare story because 9/11 (never mind the other red herring explanation, the War in Iraq) took place. 

So given the clear continuity of a fringe bunch of angry white men thrashing neighbourhoods where minorities live, the argument that this unrest is the outcome of recent and specific policy failures is unconvincing to say the least.

Any more red herring causes we want to throw out there? Are the rioters in Rotherham/Middlesbrough really turning to far right violence only because going to uni costs £9k in fees? They hardly strike me as the academic type tbh. 

His language makes it an issue and further pushes the political centre to the right. If a 'good guy' like Brown can say those things then the likes of Farage, Braverman etc will take it and run with it. Brown and the Labour Party may not have 'caused' the current problem but they are part of the problem.