Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

Just now, Gibby82 said:

You realise you can be a white ethnic minority? 

You realise England has a considerably higher level of immigration than Scotland which is my point 

Not quibbling over semantics 

If we had the same level of immigration our knuckle scrapers would be rioting 

We do not just have nicer people 

Just now, Binos said:

You realise England has a considerably higher level of immigration than Scotland which is my point 

It's not semantics, the last census literally says the ethnic minority population of Scotland is 12.9%.

“In 2022 12.9% of people in Scotland had a minority ethnic background. This is an increase from 8.2% in 2011.”

I'll leave it at it that. 

13 minutes ago, Binos said:

What's your point caller

You're defining immigration status by skin colour with no reference to place of birth. 

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, Binos said:

Jesus wept, added to your sentence after foreign born, never said you altered your post 

So, is the figure 14%, (and 10%) or 27% and 7% like you claimed.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Gladly, almost nobody argues that. Certainly nobody in this thread.

Why these accusations of complacency annoy me is they're all coming from folk like Iain MacWhirter, someone who writes for the Spectator - a bastion of racism - and who spends the other 364 days of the year not giving a toss about anti-racism.

Yet now, when he senses that an observable disparity between England and Scotland could be "exploited by the SNP!" or something, now he suddenly pretends to care about anti-racism.

If you listen to Scottish folk who do actually care about antiracism, they constantly rail against Scottish complacency. They know the battle is huge and ongoing. They also know well that absence of riots does not mean absence of racism.

Edited by Freedom Farter

1 hour ago, Binos said:

England also a much higher population density hence there are more people down south who say "no more, we're full". 

I can't think of anywhere in Scotland that complains about too many people.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

England also a much higher population density hence there are more people down south who say "no more, we're full". 

I complain about too many people during pretty much every aspect of my day to day existence

11 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Never been to Princes Street or the Royal Mile in August!

13 hours ago, Binos said:

yes, absolutely,  the amount of folk here who upon returning from a visit down south, will comment on the amount of "foreigners" and mosques etc who then remark that we are " lucky not to have all that up here"  shows that we would be in a similar position if we had the same numbers.

Also for aw these fanny's arguing the toss about birthplace, there are direct immigrants, and then there are the children and grandchildren of immigrants, many of whom will be born here and be British citizens, the knuckle draggers won't see any difference between the two as we saw with the f**kin riots last week so stop being f**king difficult.

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

yes, absolutely,  the amount of folk here who upon returning from a visit down south, will comment on the amount of "foreigners" and mosques etc who then remark that we are " lucky not to have all that up here"  shows that we would be in a similar position if we had the same numbers.

Wait, you're saying that after a wee visit to, I don't know, some holiday resort or a concert, on return there's loads of folk commenting on foreigners or mosques? 

200w.gif.fb336f6269ebb6ab6f04e81703230fea.gif

Worst holiday - counted mosques in Guildford when I was a teenager. I was given a notebook and told to note down all the mosques with it. When I asked about dictaphones they laughed and said they didn't have anything so modern. All morning I counted mosques.

If you didn't swing the pencil hard enough, the mosque went f**kin' nuts and tried to break the lead. Hit the thing too hard and the lead smashed the paper and you got covered in shavings. By lunchtime I was knackered, but when I got to the canteen everybody stood up and applauded. Turned out they were having a laugh with the new guy and I could have been using a dictaphone. I walked out and never went back. Didn't even ask for an ice cream.

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Worst holiday - counted mosques in Guildford when I was a teenager

Ah, the I-Spy Book of Mosques. Not as good as this one which is very good for taking note of 'different' people.

download.jpeg.32e28aacacaf1a0fb40c8fdc77852bfc.jpeg

Edited by Dan Steele
Sp.

54 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

yes

Scottish people come out with this sort of stuff all the time - eg saying London, Birmingham etc is full of foreigners and very multicultural but said in a negative way. I’m surprised this is even up for debate.

I think Scotland is bad for casual racism.

33 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think Scotland is bad for casual racism.

Back in the day when Argyle Place (just off the Meadows) used to have a lot of asian owned fruit and veg shops, my old man used to refer to it as "The Khyber Pass".

Just now, Leith Green said:

Back in the day when Argyle Place (just off the Meadows) used to have a lot of asian owned fruit and veg shops, my old man used to refer to it as "The Khyber Pass".

lol. There is a street somewhere in west end Glasgow that my dad always used to refer to as “eth street”