Cowden v Stranraer

Lucky I took my camera. I don't think cowden film the games. Airdrie don't put highlights up either. Was a bit of a nightmare using a handheld camera from a long way from the action. Missed the most controversial moment in the game when the cowden goalie handled outside.

Certainly seemed like he handled it to me. Was amazed the ref never produced a card. Not sure what the rules are after playing the advantage but if he'd been sent off I wouldn't have complained.

Can only think the ref didn't see a handball but everyone round me thought it was.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got told afterwards that someone asked ref supervisor about it. Once he has waved play on. He can't go back and give a red. However he could or should have given him a yellow. Not sure if it's true. Still should be a red in most people's opinions.

Lucky I took my camera. I don't think cowden film the games. Airdrie don't put highlights up either. Was a bit of a nightmare using a handheld camera from a long way from the action. Missed the most controversial moment in the game when the cowden goalie handled outside.

The club do film the games but it's just for the manager's use.

Most opponents set up their camera next to ours and film from the main stand.

Got told afterwards that someone asked ref supervisor about it. Once he has waved play on. He can't go back and give a red. However he could or should have given him a yellow. Not sure if it's true. Still should be a red in most people's opinions.[/quote

That is correct - in a case like this involving denying a clear goal scoring opportunity if the referee plays advantage and the attacking side squanders the advantage then a yellow card is appropriate. Thus either the referee made an error in not booking Grant Adam or he did not believe that there was a handling offence outwith the area eg the ball hit keeper on chest, shoulder, body. Playing advantage was indeed the correct decision if ref saw it as a foul - it was a Stranraer player who messed it up or it was a goal

He never ever used the word "cheat" in the interview. Do you have to invade every Cowden match thread Grant?

I never said it was in the interview, he said it in the aftermath of the game to the referee, he wasn't exactly subtle about the matter.

Invade? Have you ever gotten to grasps with PnB? What would be the point in the forum if you only posted on the one thread concerning your team?

Pretty sure Airdrie do put highlights up. Don't think they're the quickest but they certainly did highlights when wd lost there earlier in the season.

I never said it was in the interview, he said it in the aftermath of the game to the referee, he wasn't exactly subtle about the matter.

Invade? Have you ever gotten to grasps with PnB? What would be the point in the forum if you only posted on the one thread concerning your team?

So you were in the tunnel at end of the game when the teams came off and heard him say that?

You do seem to post on a lot of Cowden threads Grant, not that it bothers me but you seem to get a few bites from my fellow Cowden fans! This is meant to be about yesterdays game and its totally went off track. Pars v Cowden thread for all this what Colin was meant to have said pish.

Pretty sure Airdrie do put highlights up. Don't think they're the quickest but they certainly did highlights when wd lost there earlier in the season.

Aye Airdrie do highlights on their website CC. Would be good if we could get a regular YouTube site for highlights.

Townies complain pretty quickly if anyone posts on their precious threads. Put your own house in order.

I think you are really a closet fan, you post more on theses threads than any other non Cowden fan.

Have you really nothing better to do with your time.

So you were in the tunnel at end of the game when the teams came off and heard him say that?

You do seem to post on a lot of Cowden threads Grant, not that it bothers me but you seem to get a few bites from my fellow Cowden fans! This is meant to be about yesterdays game and its totally went off track. Pars v Cowden thread for all this what Colin was meant to have said pish.

Personally I wasn't, a friend was and he relayed it to me afterwards when I mentioned Nish was angry in his interview.

Some Cowdenbeath fans seem to have a big chip on there shoulder regarding Dunfermline and get riled at the mere presence of any Pars posters. My other half is from Cowdenbeath so I have a soft spot for the place so I usually have a look through the threads.

Personally I wasn't, a friend was and he relayed it to me afterwards when I mentioned Nish was angry in his interview.

Some Cowdenbeath fans seem to have a big chip on there shoulder regarding Dunfermline and get riled at the mere presence of any Pars posters. My other half is from Cowdenbeath so I have a soft spot for the place so I usually have a look through the threads.

^^^ Loves the Cowden and loves our threads. Who can blame him?

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not...

No one understand my GREAT sense of humor. :lol:

Anyway, I still believe the ref received cash from a rich Pars supporter. It was on Yahoo Japan news last week _ there was cross / fixed game in international tennis tournament.

Not difficult to create a YouTube site. Someone connected to the club can make a channel attached to their own Google/YouTube account. You can have a few guys looking after it using their own Google names. Once logged in they switch user to say BlueBrasilTv login. Then create playlists. Upload footage into appropriate playlist. You need to know the spfl rules though on video footage. Correct logos etc.

No one understand my GREAT sense of humor. :lol:

Anyway, I still believe the ref received cash from a rich Pars supporter. It was on Yahoo Japan news last week _ there was cross / fixed game in international tennis tournament.

You're my new favourite poster, Rie. Well played!

Sebu. . . ? Where are you? You've fallen to second fave.

Shull in at third.

Thank you.

Archived