Cowden v Stranraer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts??

Just as I said in my post IF a good Stranraer turn up then a win is possible , great result but really difficult to understand how we can lose so heavily one week then produce a decent performance the following , IF we could play at this level more often we should be okay but we've seen this before , very frustrating and hard to put finger on our problems .

No, Colin is guilty. He needs to hold his hands up, apologise and accept his punishment.

No need for that as I will batter the ref by myself when I see him next time. What is his full name? I forgot it.

Perhaps you could argue it was unprofessional of Nish to make those post match comments.

However the standard of refereeing in Scottish football is diabolical and I admire Colin Nish's passion for speaking his mind and speaking up on how he felt in which he was probably right.

That's whats wrong with our game you can't criticise a referee when it is clear they have had a nightmare.

He didn't have a nightmare though, the highlights proved he got the decisions correct. Spence put his hand up immediately after his dive!

Which makes his comments, and actions post game in the tunnel all the more bizarre. His comments really were unacceptable

Maybe he should take pre and post match interview tactical comments practice on referees from Alan Johnston? He seems to be allowed to comment on referees performances and demand "strong refs".

Aye, hoping for a strong ref is definitely on par with calling the ref a cheat.

He didn't have a nightmare though, the highlights proved he got the decisions correct. Spence put his hand up immediately after his dive!

Which makes his comments, and actions post game in the tunnel all the more bizarre. His comments really were unacceptable

He didn't call the ref a cheat tho, did he ? He clarified his comments right at the start by saying the ref was influenced by the home crowd. You will find many similar comments from managers along those lines, particularly those facing the old firm.

Johnston phoning the head of referees is a similar action. He is insinuating referees are not good enough. Don't think many will argue with the feeling that refereeing standards are on the decline.

Instead of slagging each other off, clubs fans should be identifying poor refs and highlighting them. There are no sanctions against refs so they are free to conduct vendettas against certain clubs or managers if they wish. Barry Crook for example has previous history with Nish. Just google him to get the evidence so maybe it was personal but he is free to do that in our corrupt football system.

Exhilarating to a see a Dunfermline fan comment about anyone diving when the've the biggest cheat in the league in their squad.

I disagree. I think it is time to panic. Why wait until it is too late to start panicking? Sort it now while we still can.

Teams have bad results and performances. It happens. In my opinion, that was our worst performance since the Arbroath game at home, difference is Stranraer are a better side than them.

As I say, another 2 or 3 performances like that then it is time to panic. We certainly can be doing with a decent central midfielder and put Kane out on loan or something. Or play Dean in the middle? Murdoch was always going to be a miss, almost like two players in one in the sense that he can put a tackle in and can pick a pass/beat a guy.

He didn't call the ref a cheat tho, did he ?

He did in the tunnel afterwards.

Exhilarating to a see a Dunfermline fan comment about anyone diving when the've the biggest cheat in the league in their squad.

Have we aye?

Insinuating that he can't do his job properly.

I'd love to know what referees think of some football managers performances.

He did in the tunnel afterwards.

Have we aye?

No he didn't. Happy to wager anything you like that Nish did not call the referee a cheat.

What about Robbie Neilson before last game with Hamlton. Told the press he was training with 10 players all week because of the ref who had the game.

Result of his comments - no action.

No he didn't. Happy to wager anything you like that Nish did not call the referee a cheat.

What about Robbie Neilson before last game with Hamlton. Told the press he was training with 10 players all week because of the ref who had the game.

Result of his comments - no action.

Impossible wager.

Genuinely have no idea about Neilson, sounds like a stupid comment though and he should face action.

Like a good wine he gets better with age, Check out OOR Wullie's goal on 03;53 @

I know he isn't hugely popular with some of our fans, but I really miss Willie and his ability to do things like that :( Almost a carbon copy of the one against Hibs (where I pinched your video for my signature!)

Lucky I took my camera. I don't think cowden film the games. Airdrie don't put highlights up either. Was a bit of a nightmare using a handheld camera from a long way from the action. Missed the most controversial moment in the game when the cowden goalie handled outside.

Archived