Cowden v Stranraer

It was a big opportunity to put distance between us and the bottom there and close in on fourth.

Murdoch is a real miss now, as we look like we are back to the pre Murdoch dross.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really disappointing performance after much improved performances lately.

Don't know if the players didn't fancy the conditions but Stranraer boss's the game from start to finish.

Think we are missing smith a lot. No link up between midfield and forwards. Spence should have just sat in the stand as never got the ball from a completely missing midfield.

Also, the pitch is an absolute bog. What the hell has happened? Hope it doesn't require some major attention but I'm not confident judging by how it was today.

The more I think about it, Stranraer should have hit us for at least four. As CC has said, no time to panic but another two or three performances like that and we are serious relegation contenders again.

Thoroughly enjoyed that, although we should have scored more. Was nice to see us playing with both flair and direction and while we didn't really have any failures, our midfield looked really strong and purposeful.

Was nervous that, for all our first half possession, we were goalless at half time. But what a cracker of a free-kick from Wullie Gibson to open the scoring. It clearly meant a lot to him, given that he was booked for over-celebrating.

The referee clearly felt that was a worse offence than Cowden keeper Adam handling a couple of yards outside his box as he gave no card - red or yellow - for this offence. To compound our frustration play ranged on and Malky poked the ball into the abandoned net to make sure and was then promptly flagged offside. I have absolutely no beef with that, but the keeper should have been punished.

It was game over when wee Andy was tripped and Malky did get his goal from the spot.

Good, confident display from our new loan keeper right through the eleven. We need to build on this now, starting with Brechin next Saturday. However, we are better away from home with a good travelling support behind the team.

No question about whether Stranraer deserved that today or not. Far the better side. We were rotten.

Couple of genuine lol moments today including some hilariously bad officiating and the Stranraer player making a top job of goal snatching when clearly offside.

Grant Adam is still a liability and a p***k.

Horrific performance from Cowden. Take nothing away from Stranraer, they were streets ahead and we were let off lightly. No midfield yet again and punts up to Spence didn't work because the Stranraer defenders mopped everything up and we had no plan B. Felt for Spence, not one decent pass all game.

Disagree about Adam, him and Spence were the only players who got pass marks, and yes he did handle the ball outside the box but got away with it. Stopped a certain goal though, not that it mattered.

Also, the pitch is an absolute bog. What the hell has happened? Hope it doesn't require some major attention but I'm not confident judging by how it was today.

The more I think about it, Stranraer should have hit us for at least four. As CC has said, no time to panic but another two or three performances like that and we are serious relegation contenders again.

From what I heard there was 2 inches of snow on it on Wednesday which them melted and coupled with the heavy rain on Thursday night Friday morning left the pitch covered in puddles yesterday. Stewart the groundsman done a good job getting the game on although given the score maybe it would have been better if he hadn't!

That was shit from a cowden point of view. And fair play to Stranraer they were faster and got in front of their man to win the ball to get a deserved win.

At about 30 mins in I thought it was fairly even and cowden maybe had the best chances if not all the ball but only one winner from there.

Bald 14 was my MOM but from a cowden POV despite some hairy moments thought Adam did well.

Caldwell had a great chance at 0 0. Would it have change the result who knows. Did he merit MOM who can say...

I wasn't so sure Adam handled it outside the box and he was beat by two set pieces that few would have saved.

Not the best conditions for the Patrick loanee to show his stuff.

Wish the game was called off now. Well done Stranraer on a well earned victory though.

I (and everyone) just have to believe Nishy makes the team better again.

BTW, some Stranraer players looked like over weight for footballers. I do not see them compared to other clubs. Are they just well fed?

I disagree. I think it is time to panic. Why wait until it is too late to start panicking? Sort it now while we still can.

They seemed to move quickly enough for overweight.

Agreed but how can they can run so quickly???

I read the match programme today. 'Manager Colin Nish has been advised that no further action will be taken by the SFA as regards his dismissal from the technical area in the recent derby match at East End Park. However, a hearing has been set for Hampden on 28 January regarding post-match media comments.'

Should I go to Hampden to protest with banner 'Nishy is innocent! The Ref was f***ing sh***!! Anyway, I am thinking to email SFA but they never read email from supporters, do they?

Nish hardly left the park at eep. Five yards away from the dugout.

He should be banned for five games for hos comments. Suggesting the ref came to the game to deliberately cheat is a disgrace.

Perhaps you could argue it was unprofessional of Nish to make those post match comments.

However the standard of refereeing in Scottish football is diabolical and I admire Colin Nish's passion for speaking his mind and speaking up on how he felt in which he was probably right.

That's whats wrong with our game you can't criticise a referee when it is clear they have had a nightmare.

He should be banned for five games for hos comments. Suggesting the ref came to the game to deliberately cheat is a disgrace.

5 games aye? Where did you pluck that number from?

Should I go to Hampden to protest with banner 'Nishy is innocent! The Ref was f***ing sh***!! Anyway, I am thinking to email SFA but they never read email from supporters, do they?

No, Colin is guilty. He needs to hold his hands up, apologise and accept his punishment.

Maybe he should take pre and post match interview tactical comments practice on referees from Alan Johnston? He seems to be allowed to comment on referees performances and demand "strong refs".

I thought it was an even game at the start but Stranraer were closing down well and we couldn't get going. The latter part of the first half and the second half was all Stranraer. They found their men easily and had plenty room to play. When we got the ball we were closed down quickly and there were a lack of options. Fair play to Stranraer as they played better than us on a bad pitch. I was at the Ayr game and the pitch was in a much better state. This incessant rain is annoying. As CC said we need to regroup. Still a lot to play for.

Archived