Want the home nations to do well but it'll be funny if England get "screwed" out of the tournament like they did against Germany in Africa.

Did one of the pundits for that game not refuse to commentate on the game after that? Pretty sure someone said he was silent apart from a few snippets of commentary here and there.

Hope both Irish teams do really well

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amusing how that Germany game has been retconned into a terrible travesty. The Germans absolutely strolled that game, barring a five minute spell where they fell asleep. Makes me wonder about other matches like, say, Germany v the UAE at Italy 1990. Maybe the Arabs remember that match as a close encounter that turned on a single unfair incident :rolleyes:

I would much rather have Scotland there, I can't be bothered with "seethe" about England, if they do well, they do well, if they don't, they don't, it will not bother me a jot I'll be quite happy

My view.

I love seeing ian wright having a breakdown when they make an arse of it

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone's uploaded video of his studio meltdown after England's last defeat to Northern Ireland. Absolutely livid, not just that England had lost to comparative minnows, but that our reality allows such things to happen :blink:

Think England have a decent chance of making this a good Championship for themselves. The usual hype and OTT predictions from the media down south seems to have been tempered, perhaps down to their performances over the last few EC/WC tournaments. Hope it stays that way, and they give their young side some support instead of the pressure of wildly exaggerated expectations.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone's uploaded video of his studio meltdown after England's last defeat to Northern Ireland. Absolutely livid, not just that England had lost to comparative minnows, but that our reality allows such things to happen :blink:

I remember that, I absolutely loved it - best reaction I've ever seen to a football result. TBH I actually like Ian Wright and that made me like him even more, for the comedy value and because he gives a f**k,.

• 2 weeks later...

Want all the home nations to do as well as possible. More coverage and exposure the longer they are in it.

The time England didn't make it it was like there wasn't a tournament going on.

There's this thing called the Internet...

Fair play. It's purely a personal point of view because I enjoy the likes of talksport and 5ive live for build up's during the tournaments and it was party a second thought.

^^^Enjoys Talksport but didn't enjoy Euro 2008.

Turbo-Belm2.gifTurbo-Belm2.gifTurbo-Belm2.gif

Hope all the "home" nations get humped. England are by far the worst, don't get me wrong I don't hate England or English people but when it comes to sport I hate them with their arrogance and their EDL style fans that sing stuff like F*** the IRA at a Scotland-England match which bears no relevance whatsoever to the match the type of fans to say things like "I hate the Scottish sweatie Jock Tramps". Rant over :lol:

I don't want Wales or Norn Iron to well because flip the tables and they would want us out and NI have vile fans (just like foreign Rangers fans) plus Wales have Bale, diving pr*ck

Also don't want ROI to do well if you want to count them.

I just cant bring myself to want England to do well, it's the arrogance that i dislike the most.

The arrogance from both the fans and especially the media has been missing since about 2006, to be fair.

We know we're not great and it seems every tournament we go into we've got our standard set at the minimum of a quarter final. Dreams of winning it have become just that - dreams.

Hey, the lack of expectation could be the key to us actually winning something?.... Time will tell.

• 1 month later...

Archived