Scotrail

ScottR96

I see they slipped through cuts to the HS2 plans that would have speeded up links to Scotland during all the PM drama yesterday. Partly a bribe to the 1922 committee chairman by the looks of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/07/rail-bosses-outraged-as-hs2-golborne-link-quietly-scrapped 

Anyone know if the Aberdeen to Inverness line signalling is performed by Network Rail or Scotrail staff? I'm supposed to be travelling on it during 2 of the three RMT strike days coming up, which doesn't include Scotrail as yet.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-launch-3-days-of-national-train-strike-action/

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone know if the Aberdeen to Inverness line signalling is performed by Network Rail or Scotrail staff? I'm supposed to be travelling on it during 2 of the three RMT strike days coming up, which doesn't include Scotrail as yet.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-launch-3-days-of-national-train-strike-action/

Anything to do with signalling and infrastructure work is down to Network Rail.

5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Anything to do with signalling and infrastructure work is down to Network Rail.

Cheers, better book a carpark in Aberdeen then, f**k the 4 1/2 hours on a bus rather than half the time on a train or car.

Edited by welshbairn

They seem to be picking the dates to f**k up as many people as possible, Glastonbury, Pride Day in Edinburgh and me going to a comedy gig in Aberdeen. 

Always thought RMT were reactionary c***s.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-sets-out-six-key-reasons-for-leaving-the-eu/

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

Why don't the SFA lay on busses to say Edinburgh, Ayr, Perth Dunfermline Dundee and Stirling. 

Absolutely not their responsibility to get folk home from the game but if they want folk to go in the first place it would be good if they took the opportunity to look after the fans.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why don't the SFA lay on busses to say Edinburgh, Ayr, Perth Dunfermline Dundee and Stirling. 

Absolutely not their responsibility to get folk home from the game but if they want folk to go in the first place it would be good if they took the opportunity to look after the fans.

🤣🤣🤣

On 06/06/2022 at 17:38, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just back from Germany where for the next three month a ticket that covers all public transport (apart from high speed trains) for the full calendar moth is 9 Euro. The government brought it in to help folk deal with the cost of living crisis. Clear vote winner. Wonder if ScotGov/ScotRaill will try something similar here once the timetable's sorted. 

That was sarcasm, right. I looked at the train to Perth on the Wednesday night of the Dons v Saints game after the split, ScotRail wanted £35 for a return, I reckon £9 mightve got me as far as Stonehaven.

It’s an absolute shit show but at no point have ScotRail told fans to leave early, only to sort out alternative arrangements after the game. Weird headline.
The Scotrail employee quoted says the last train from Mt Florida to Central leaves before the final whistle so it's not exactly a huge leap to take that as needing to leave early if you want to catch that train. It's an absolute disgrace.

10 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

That was sarcasm, right. I looked at the train to Perth on the Wednesday night of the Dons v Saints game after the split, ScotRail wanted £35 for a return, I reckon £9 mightve got me as far as Stonehaven.

I just done the equivalent of a £105 round trop for the nine euro deal and might go again for a fortnight in August criss-crossing the country.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

How can people genuinely say with a straight face that everyone should ditch their private vehicles and use public transport to commute with the state of our public transport?

I'd suggest that it's not too bad or expensive in the central belt compared to the service and expense on the rest of the network. 

Intercity travel is fucking scandalous unless booked massively in advance. A walk up return ticket from Aberdeen to Glasgow is currently £82. That's an absolute joke. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

They tried it with Citylink a while back but don't think it was greatly successful.

15 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

They tried it with Citylink a while back but don't think it was greatly successful.

I suspect it wouldn't work well when competing with the trains but when their drivers are taking the hump then it would be good for them to actually try something different. That said the SFA much like the SPFL are the least proactive people in the world.