Weekend Betting 29th Jan - (30 days has september...)31st Jan 16

Fitba Tips

Just about to write my preview for this week but I happen to think there is a lot of opportunity, price wise, in Scotland this weekend. Shame that the bloody weather is going to ruin it for us.

Dundee Utd, for me, are overpriced

Stirling & Cowdenbeath are overpriced ( I have put them in a Draw No Bet double)

Great chance of goals at Killie (if the wind dies down)

Dundee look to have potential at the price

Saint Mirren to Win To Nil might actually be my NAP!

Finally there looks to be real potential for goals (f***ing weather permitting again) but I haven't finalised those yet. Might even have a wee unders double for the banter this weekend from Raith and East Fife.

Also, and this deserves to be last, I have included Peterhead in a treble (I KNOW!) so would clearly advise everyone to steer well clear of it.

What's on your thoughts this week?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the start of the week, Arbroath at evens and Stranraer 23/20 stood out massively for me.

Also liked the prices on East Fife and Stirling Albion plus quite fancied Dundee Utd, St Mirren and Ayr.

And fancy BTTS in the first League Cup semi at Tynecastle.

Then I looked and the forecast and have checked it every day since. 50mph winds, snow etc at 3pm on Saturday. Such conditions can be a leveller and seriously impact on things.

It is also FA Cup weekend and you would normally think Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham and West Brom look very fairly priced and great possibility for anything from doubles upwards. But the FA Cup is rarely so straightforward.

So all in plenty of great looking possibilities but the weather and FA Cup factors certainly of concern.

Man Utd

Man City

Blackburn (WTF?)

Leeds

All look very decent to me, especially Blackburn. Is there a particular reason they are 2/1 at Oxford?

Blackburn winning one of their last 8 games and Oxford Utd knocking Swansea out of the Cup last round may have something to do with it. I see you can get 23/10 though. Tempting.

Andy Murray to out ace Milos Raonic at 4/1 and Andy Murray +6.5 aces at 10/11.

Raonic has a massive serve and is well known for it. But he is facing Andy Murray who behind Djokovic is the greatest returner in the game. Murray has also been labelled the greatest returner of big servers in the world by coaches such as Paul Annacone and Brad Gilbert. An ace is an unreturned serve (i.e no opponent racquet on the shot).

The theory behind this is that Murray will limit Raonic's aces as he will be able to return and get his racquet on a lot more of his serves than normal. Andy Murray is also serving better than he has in the past at Australian Opens. Gael Monfils, who has a decent serve and a decent return was able to out ace Raonic in the last match. if you factor in that Murray is superior in both departments to Monfils, you would have to agree that the 4/1 on offer is good value.

Murray has covered the handicap in four of six matches. Although he is yet to out ace him in the six matches. Small bet on the 4/1 shot. Large bet on the handicap.

Just about to write my preview for this week but I happen to think there is a lot of opportunity, price wise, in Scotland this weekend. Shame that the bloody weather is going to ruin it for us.

Dundee Utd, for me, are overpriced

Stirling & Cowdenbeath are overpriced ( I have put them in a Draw No Bet double)

Great chance of goals at Killie (if the wind dies down)

Dundee look to have potential at the price

Saint Mirren to Win To Nil might actually be my NAP!

Finally there looks to be real potential for goals (f***ing weather permitting again) but I haven't finalised those yet. Might even have a wee unders double for the banter this weekend from Raith and East Fife.

Also, and this deserves to be last, I have included Peterhead in a treble (I KNOW!) so would clearly advise everyone to steer well clear of it.

What's on your thoughts this week?

St Mirren who haven't won at home this season against Alloa who won away at Raith a couple of weeks ago? Are you mad? I am clearly, as I've included it in one of my Saturday mug trebles. :1eye

St Mirren who haven't won at home this season against Alloa who won away at Raith a couple of weeks ago? Are you mad? I am clearly, as I've included it in one of my Saturday mug trebles. :1eye

Madness is an accusation that's been levelled at me many times. One of these days I will believe it but I have never gone so far as to accuse someone of being mad and then following their actions.

That is real madness. Welcome to the club. :thumsup2

Seriously though, the bet actually makes sense. Alloa's win at Raith was only their 4th goal in fifteen games, a run which has seen them lose 11 games withtout scoring so much as a consolation goal. There may be a bit of a bounce as the inevitability of relegations looms but it doesn't look particularly likely.

I am only peeved I haven't been backing Alloa's opponents to WTN all this time. Think of the opportunity missed :o

Andy Murray to out ace Milos Raonic at 4/1 and Andy Murray +6.5 aces at 10/11.

Raonic has a massive serve and is well known for it. But he is facing Andy Murray who behind Djokovic is the greatest returner in the game. Murray has also been labelled the greatest returner of big servers in the world by coaches such as Paul Annacone and Brad Gilbert. An ace is an unreturned serve (i.e no opponent racquet on the shot).

The theory behind this is that Murray will limit Raonic's aces as he will be able to return and get his racquet on a lot more of his serves than normal. Andy Murray is also serving better than he has in the past at Australian Opens. Gael Monfils, who has a decent serve and a decent return was able to out ace Raonic in the last match. if you factor in that Murray is superior in both departments to Monfils, you would have to agree that the 4/1 on offer is good value.

Murray has covered the handicap in four of six matches. Although he is yet to out ace him in the six matches. Small bet on the 4/1 shot. Large bet on the handicap.

That went well.. :( Raonic 23 aces to Murray's 9 according to Reuters.

Man Utd

Man City

Blackburn (WTF?)

Leeds

All look very decent to me, especially Blackburn. Is there a particular reason they are 2/1 at Oxford?

Gone for Blackburn and BTTS at 11/2 with Betvictor. Free matching bonus up to £25 on FA bets evens or more.

That went well.. :( Raonic 23 aces to Murray's 9 according to Reuters.

Aye fucking slaughtered :lol: managed to recoup the losses with the handicap which I included in the Australian Open thread but forgot to type up here.

So far;

Man United

Nancy

Monchengladbach(Draw)

£5 - £55.

Arsenal Bmouth Dundee Barca

£10 - £109.

Had £5 on Rooney. Also got £3 Rooney Hemmings double pays £99

Villa v City

Wba v Pboro

Bury v Hull

Forest v Watford